Vegas says Seahawks win 11 games

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...n-total-picks-for-nfc-vikings-a-surprise-team

(Article is from last month)

Seattle Seahawks, 11 wins
Over (-125) / Under (-105)

Seattle has easily covered the over the past few years and they're tied with Green Bay for the highest total this season after falling just short in the Super Bowl. John Schneider got bold again this offseason, trading for Jimmy Graham to finally give Russell Wilson a legit No. 1 option. Marshawn Lynch will be back, Wilson might be motivated by money and all the pieces are in place for this defense to be a top-five unit again. There are some issues with the offensive line that should give people pause, but the Seahawks will once again be a dominant team in 2015. Worst case is they're winning 10 games.

A

Anonymous

I like it!

:th2thumbs:

Cue the Han Solo clip...

On paper, we could very well cover that. Baring injury... :stirthepot:

Marlin Man

Reaction score
we will be looking at 8 to 9 wins. Laugh all you want, I can't see RW running for over 800 yds again, if he wants to protect the body for the NEW contract.

M.M.

ringless

Reaction score
If anyone is going to have a large decrease production it will be Lynch. The guys body barely survived last season. Yes he played through it but he isn't any younger and he's isn't any healthier. However I would think Graham would offset any loss in production. I just don't see anyway Lynch is the RB of years past after watching what he put himself through last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":2vdghut5 said:
If anyone is going to have a large decrease production it will be Lynch. The guys body barely survived last season. Yes he played through it but he isn't any younger and he's isn't any healthier. However I would think Graham would offset any loss in production. I just don't see anyway Lynch is the RB of years past after watching what he put himself through last year.

Wishful thinking . . . Lynch has only gotten better with age. Without any of the uncertainty over his contract situation that led to a dip in performance in the middle of the year, Marshawn is going to absolutely ball out this year.

Mark it down: 300 carries, 1,400 yards, 100 broken tackles, and 10 TDs.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I wish we could get those numbers out of ML, but that would mean ... not much throwing to Graham and/or all the receivers we have now collected. Those numbers would also mean ... little use of our #2 and #3 RBs. And some very "average" numbers for RW. And using ML more could also mean, exposing him more to injuries and such.
I have the feeling the coaching staff will make a concerted effort to depend less on ML during the season and try to give other offensive options the ability to use their skillset more. If a game is "blowout" early in the third or fourth, I think Beast Mode will simply remove his shoes and let other guys go to work.
Personally, I think the main things to watch are our 3 and out drives. Our offense has been way too many 3 and outs. We must sustain drives. We must keep drives alive. ... etc

hawknation2015":b4e35b5o said:
ringless":b4e35b5o said:

Wishful thinking . . . Lynch has only gotten better with age. Without any of the uncertainty over his contract situation that led to a dip in performance in the middle of the year, Marshawn is going to absolutely ball out this year.

Mark it down: 300 carries, 1,400 yards, 100 broken tackles, and 10 TDs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1m3xe6io said:
"We're on to St. Louis"
True, but I'm looking forward to the preseason even. I think this will be one of Seattle's deepest and most talented teams right up there with the XLVIII team. I think we are going to see some great position battles in the preseason and will have some serious quality depth. :th2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2tw9f84m said:
Siouxhawk":2tw9f84m said:
"We're on to St. Louis"
True, but I'm looking forward to the preseason even. I think this will be one of Seattle's deepest and most talented teams right up there with the XLVIII team. I think we are going to see some great position battles in the preseason and will have some serious quality depth. :th2thumbs:
Absolutely. I really want to get a glimpse of Frank in action. The wide receiver competition will also be riveting. Stay healthy, hone those skills, compete like mad and then .... 'we're on to St. Louis!'

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our offensive line could hurt both Wilson and Lynch's production but both players have dealt with poor line play before.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1fwynzju said:
Our offensive line could hurt both Wilson and Lynch's production but both players have dealt with poor line play before.
You think our OL will be worse next year than it was last year? Interesting, I think it will be quite a bit better

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I expect JR and Britt will continue to improve but center and left guard will be a crapshoot between inexperianced draft picks and undrafted projects. And ...Okung is a ticking time bomb. Once our annual injury bug pops up things will really get interesting. Graham should help by giving Russell a quick target but he won't do much for Lynch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ujmqiyu said:
...........Mark it down: 300 carries, 1,400 yards, 100 broken tackles, and 10 TDs...........
I agree with you that he won't lose anything off his game, but I just don't see 300 carries. I think we'll see a lot of what we saw last year in order to keep him fresh all season with even fewer carries. In other words about 250-260.

ptisme

Reaction score
Potential stumbling blocks:
1. New DC.
2. Lack of depth and injury recovery in secondary.
3. Oline depth.

WIth that said:
Every team has potential stumbling blocks and 31 other teams would drool to have just these questions.
I'll take the over: 12 wins and a loss at Lambeau in the NFCCG...

kearly

Reaction score
Vegas is always cautious with elite teams, and 11 is usually about as high as they will go. An 11 win projection for Seattle is more flattering than it sounds.

My personal prediction is 11 wins as well. The road schedule is one of the toughest our team has ever had, IMO.