I SO want this guy to make the final 53,......

netskier

Reaction score
Not sure but I think I read that he was released a day or two ago.

Seafan

Reaction score
Still on the roster and may the best snapper win. I'm rooting for the best one to win the job.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the guy is worthy of a spot, they will keep him. They don't need to keep a guy for press. Being to the SB the past two years and favorite to get there again this season is garnering enough press for the Seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It is going to take a lot for the Hawks to dumb Gresham. I just don't see it happening.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
LOVE this guy.

Just sayin'.

As an ex-service brat,......

.....this guy will put the Seahawks "over the top".

How does the ENTIRE nation NOT get onboard with this guy?

Seriously????

kobebryant

Reaction score
Paschtorian":2fzc5jfc said:
LOVE this guy.

Just sayin'.

Seriously????

What do you mean by "get on board" ?

I can't imagine anyone is rooting against him, but most people understand that goodwill and sentiment isn't enough to earn a spot on an NFL 53. The public will rightfully root for Boyer just as they did Brian Banks before him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kobebryant":33n2zi8y said:
Paschtorian":33n2zi8y said:
LOVE this guy.

Just sayin'.

Seriously????

What do you mean by "get on board" ?

I can't imagine anyone is rooting against him, but most people understand that goodwill and sentiment isn't enough to earn a spot on an NFL 53. The public will rightfully root for Boyer just as they did Brian Banks before him.
True story.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Of course, the guy has a great story behind him and he seems to be generally a really nice person. It is normal to want someone like that to make the team.

However, a roster spot is mostly determined by skill instead of personality. So untill Boyer proves to be better than Gresham, he wont make the team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nice feel good story but it's unlikely he makes the team ahead of Gresham.

McGruff

Reaction score
In addition to being one of the leagues best long snappers and a quality coverage guy, everything I've heard from insiders indicates that Clint is one of the underrated and understated leaders on the team. He's kind of the moral backbone in the locker room and one of the guys players turn to for life advice and career guidance.

He's one of those guys you will look back on and wonder how he sustained such a long career with one team. Kind of like Mack Strong. And if you get the chance to ask those around him, they will tell you how . . .

drdiags

Reaction score
Tough call. I know Pete will give him a fair chance but I think his size is going to be an issue. I know that with Clint's contract the team is going to run cheaper competition against him but I am not sure Boyer even gets to play in a Pre-season game.

We will see.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Feel good stories are great but business IS business. No way he beats out Clint.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am not at all patriotic. To me, it was a wasted pick. And intended to distract from the Clark pick, which no one should have had to apologize for anyway.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3tucf6u6 said:
I am not at all patriotic. To me, it was a wasted pick. And intended to distract from the Clark pick, which no one should have had to apologize for anyway.

You're wrong, because (1) it wasn't a "pick" and (2) it only cost the team $2,500 to provide them with competition at long snapper and an inspirational figure during practices.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1p1afzsu said:
Scottemojo":1p1afzsu said:

You're wrong, because (1) it wasn't a "pick" and (2) it only cost the team $2,500 to provide them with competition at long snapper and an inspirational figure during practices.
Ah yes, not a pick.

A waste of a spot on the 90 man roster. For a way undersized, even for a longsnapper, lil ass dude. And still intended to distract from the Clark pick. WHich nobody should have to apologize for anyway.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2eqnlkpa said:
hawknation2015":2eqnlkpa said:
Scottemojo":2eqnlkpa said:

Ah yes, not a pick.

A waste of a spot on the 90 man roster. For a way undersized, even for a longsnapper, lil ass dude. And still intended to distract from the Clark pick. WHich nobody should have to apologize for anyway.

I agree it would have been a waste if they had used a pick. But 90-man roster? Eh, there are a lot of players on this roster right now who have little to no chance of making the 53-man roster. If they felt like they needed someone to push Clint Gresham, while providing a little inspiration to the team, and all for $2,500 . . . I have no problem with it.

Then again, I am patriotic. Supporting the country and the troops is a critical part of being a citizen. His story is inspirational to people who are patriotic. But we can take that discussion to the PWR Board if you would like.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":25141gsv said:
Scottemojo":25141gsv said:
hawknation2015":25141gsv said:
Scottemojo":25141gsv said:

Ah yes, not a pick.

I agree it would have been a waste if they had used a pick. But 90-man roster? Eh, there are a lot of players on this roster right now who have little to no chance of making the 53-man roster. If they felt like they needed someone to push Clint Gresham, while providing a little inspiration to the them, and all for $2,500 . . . I have no problem with it.

But then again, I am patriotic. Supporting the country and the troops is a critical part of being a citizen. His story is inspirational to people who are patriotic. But we can take that discussion to the PWR Board if you would like.

This guy is not any different than the Michael Sam pick. Not going to make the roster. A waste on the 90.

I don't really give a crap what makes a good citizen. But I do want my Hawks to get the best 90 they can.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Gresham is entrenched in the position. We fans should be grateful to have him. I am. I'm sure the Hawks are. I would think Boyer understands this and coming to the Hawks might be the best thing for him to hang with one of the league's best for awhile and to keep at training while he hopes for a realistic opportunity.

In terms of what the Seahawks get out of the deal, they always like bringing in various guys that are going to contribute to the team whether that will be direct contributions on the field or otherwise.

But, yeah... if a player comes available that the Hawks want a look at, it wouldn't be surprising to see Boyer's time in Seattle come to a close. If there is a player more worth having on the camp roster than Boyer, I'm sure that will happen. They've released players already and he's still around. So, I don't quite buy that he's a waste of a roster spot.