faith and contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Reaction score
Isn't there a commandment about coveting? Isn't the word "greed" synonymous with coveting?
I believe that a true man of faith wouldn't be greedy, he would take what's reasonable... especially when so many of his all-pro team peers seem to have done just that.

I can't post in PWR so PLEASE discuss greed and not the particulars of faith.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Not sure if it would be coveting, because that involves wanting something that already belongs to someone else. Unspent cap money doesn't really belong to anyone, although I guess you could argue that if Russ gets 18% of the team's cap then it's not going to someone else, but it's not literally being taken from someone else to give to him. If other guys don't get signed, they'll go somewhere else and make money.

I'm not sure if Russell's greedy or just delusional. He's certainly not doing his good-guy image any favors, though. The impression of avarice may end up costing him more in the long run in endorsement deals.

McGruff

Reaction score
Biblically speaking, greed is less about the amount of money you have and more about what you do with the money you have. I am sure that Russell will do more than his share to distribute large amounts of his wealth to charitable causes.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
McGruff":15dq5oru said:
Biblically speaking, greed is less about the amount of money you have and more about what you do with the money you have. I am sure that Russell will do more than his share to distribute large amounts of his wealth to charitable causes.

Not if he wants to keep enough money to buy a team someday.

:stirthepot:

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2015":6kyyql4x said:
McGruff":6kyyql4x said:

Not if he wants to keep enough money to buy a team someday.

:stirthepot:

Yes, and as a future team owner he will be investing in other player's wealth as well as redistributing his own. Wealth in and of itself is not evil. Hoarding it is.

The opposite of greed is not poverty. It is generosity.

LusciousJames

Reaction score
Ugggggghhhhhh

Has nobody here ever negotiated a salary? Character/faith/loyalty is not a factor. You get as much money as you can using leverage and pressure. Don't read anything else into the process; it's just business.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
LusciousJames":36v5bqxn said:
Ugggggghhhhhh

Has nobody here ever negotiated a salary? Character/faith/loyalty is not a factor. You get as much money as you can using leverage and pressure. Don't read anything else into the process; it's just business.

A large part of that business decision for franchise QBs has been allowing their teams enough cap flexibility to remain competitive. If Wilson does not sign an extension, he will eventually have to make the business decision about whether he wants to remain in Seattle.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why this particular thread was started out of all the other threads talking about him being greedy. How many times can you spin the same shit?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Rocket":2kasohzz said:
Isn't there a commandment about coveting? Isn't the word "greed" synonymous with coveting?
I believe that a true man of faith wouldn't be greedy, he would take what's reasonable... especially when so many of his all-pro team peers seem to have done just that.

I can't post in PWR so PLEASE discuss greed and not the particulars of faith.

Define greed. I disagree with you that a "true man of faith" would not be greedy. For the record I do not believe that Russell is being greedy, however, any "true man of faith" (define true man of faith) is first and foremost a man. As a Christian man myself I can tell you that my faith in Christ is firmly entrenched in the reality that I can not do it myself, I fall short, I am greedy, I am lustful, I do get angry.. etc. We fall short, we can't do it on our own. One might ask, "what is it?", and my answer to that is that "it" is more than keeping it all together for an average of 79 years, grabbing as much as we can, and then fading into nothingness, what is the point? More importantly, why do we care what the point is? Have you ever asked why? Why do you think you've asked why? The fact is that as a Christian, money belongs to God, we are to do everything to the Glory of God, this includes competing, this is why he does not fall apart when down 16-0 after throwing 3 pics in front of the world, he knows that everything he "has" has been given to him for a reason, and as a steward of the talent that he has been given, he is free to do everything he can to smartly steward these things that are not his for the glory of God. Along the way we make tons of mistakes, but the goal is to further the Kingdom of God, of which the entire purpose is to love and take care of one another, no matter if they hate you for it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Luke 18:22-25

[22] When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

[23] When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth.

[24] Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! [25] Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Sac

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2jy2dk6t said:
I'm still trying to figure out why this particular thread was started out of all the other threads talking about him being greedy. How many times can you spin the same shit?

Exactly. This is nothing but another thinly veiled Russell Wilson thread. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.