Kam holding out for more money

kidhawk

Reaction score
Posted about the same time but I'll just move mine here:

[urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/RapSheet[/urltargetblank]

Sources: #Seahawks S Kam Chancellor wants more money, has told Seattle that he’s strongly considering a camp holdout to make it happen.

I figured I'd post it for what it's worth, although I'm not happy to have read it. I am really wanting to be done with the off season. It's to the point now that I'm not even looking forward to camp or the pre season. Let's just get past it all and into the season already.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Any chance these reports are exaggerated at all?

I just find it hard to believe he'll actually hold out of training camp and it will have any effect at all.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Horribly timed with the current uncertainty for Earl's week one status. If true Kam may be using that uncertainty as leverage.

kidhawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":x0mj8f3f said:
Any chance these reports are exaggerated at all?

Always that possibility. We won't know until camp starts. Of course that's just a few days, so if he doesn't show up, then we know it was true. If he shows up without a new contract, then we know it was not true.

For what it's worth, here's the link to his contract details at spotrac

[urltargetblank]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kam-chancellor/[/urltargetblank]

2015 - $4,550,000.00 + $100,000.00 Miscellaneous Bonus

2016 - $5,100,000.00

2017 - $6,800,000.00 + $325,000 roster bonus

Barthawk

Reaction score
Can't blame him for trying.. he will be there. Maybe he gets more guaranteed next year.. like part of next year's salary put into a roster bonus that is activated 5 days after the SB or something. That seems plausible for both sides.

titan3131

Reaction score
Now that he has the recognition of all pro, being the #2 safety in the league on top 100. it was bound to happen, I was thinking his next contract was gonna be 9-10 mill per year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":avmazm73 said:
Can't blame him for trying.. he will be there. Maybe he gets more guaranteed next year.. like part of next year's salary put into a roster bonus that is activated 5 days after the SB or something. That seems plausible for both sides.

I don't have an issue with revisiting guarantees in the contract. I think this is one area where we could negotiate mid-contract. As far as dollars vs the cap though, I think that is something best saved until the final year of the deal.

titan3131

Reaction score
Hopefully we can tide him over with a meaty extension.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The disease of more.

Could all be BS though, who knows.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I laugh now when players threaten to hold out. Th CBA killed that leverage. Sorry, you're not holding out. The fines make it a losing proposition.

JimmyG

Reaction score
OkieHawk":4d328kmv said:
By giving into Marshawn last year they set a precedent, something that JS was adamant against. Looks like he should have listened to himself.
Well said. It's a slippery slope. I didn't like it either.