BrockSalk Carroll on SI Cover w/Link to Story by Greg Bishop

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Illustrated's Greg Bishop is in-studio to talk Pete Carroll on SI's cover this week. *Gasp* Breaking news from the Seahawks as he arrives: Kam Chancellor reports he is considering holding out of camp for more money. Later, Answer the Question Jerk!

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Who will lead the team this year in receptions? TD receptions? Interceptions? Sacks? OMG moments? Brock and Salk give their answers and ask the listeners their take on the matter. Plus, what is the right dispersion of touches for this offense? How much change are they willing to make in order to accommodate their shiny new #88 toy? Later, Blue 42.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Pete Carroll, NFL's eternal optimist, is ready to turn heartbreak into triumph"

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/28/pete-c ... -bowl-xlix

"Six months after the disaster, six months after giving the game away, the sell remains the same. It’s hope that Carroll peddles. “I want our whole organization to show off how to overcome stuff,” Carroll says. “I want us to demonstrate resilience, which is one of the foundations of grit. We’re going to demonstrate it, just like we demonstrated the resilience to win.

That was freakin’ awesome, to get back [to the Super Bowl last year] when everybody said there was no chance. We’re going to face all that again; there’s some comfort in that. We know how we’re going to do this. Here we go.”

nanomoz

Reaction score
Is that really the cover? Man, that photo. It doesn't look like him, I mean, it looks like him, but like the Men in Black alien is wearing his skin.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":uj20371n said:
Is that really the cover? Man, that photo. It doesn't look like him, I mean, it looks like him, but like the Men in Black alien is wearing his skin.
Hey, at least we know it wasn't air-brushed.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The internet is going to effing explode with memes and photoshoppings of this. Popeye Pete in . . .

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think this game has aged him.

Either that, or he had them make him look old so his players would feel sorry for him and stop asking for more money. :p

I really admire Pete Carroll, he gives so much to his charities, spreads himself thin giving to everyone in the Seahawks organization, yet always puts on a smile as if to say "I'm feel great! So great that I need to spread this around and give to everyone!"

Pete Carroll is much more than a football coach. Look at any great NFL or College Coach, then look at how much, if at all, any of them give back to the community. Sure, a lot of them give lip service, put their name on a charity, but you see Pete Carroll actually out there in the neighborhoods, talking to at-risk kids.

I think his "Win Forever" philosophy applies to everything in his life, not just football.

Rocket

Reaction score
He’d seen in New England—where players started showing up late to meetings, or not showing up at all—how selfish acts could unravel seasons full of promise.

Selfish acts... like ego and holdouts and pleas for more money in mid-contract. Prophetic perhaps?

Wow... just wow.