Today's Post Practice Press Conferences (Video)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bennett, Carroll, Wilson and Wagner all took the podium. So far I've only seen Carroll, Wilson and Wagner videos posted.

Carroll:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/07/31/pete-carroll-training-camp-day-1-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Wilson:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/07/31/russell-wilson-training-camp-day-1-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Wagner:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/07/31/bobby-wagner-training-camp-day-1-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks David...I was waiting for this. :p

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that maybe a billion dollar entity, the NFL, or individual teams (particularly one with a very rich owner) could find a way to mic up the reporters or at least the one who is asking the questions for these things? Overhead mic or something? It's really annoying to either not hear the question, or have your volume up so loud to hear the question that the response sounds like the players/coaches are shouting.

grizbob

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1bdfamdb said:
Does anyone else think that maybe a billion dollar entity, the NFL, or individual teams (particularly one with a very rich owner) could find a way to mic up the reporters or at least the one who is asking the questions for these things? Overhead mic or something? It's really annoying to either not hear the question, or have your volume up so loud to hear the question that the response sounds like the players/coaches are shouting.

Haven't tried the links yet as I watched them live, but I could hear the questions then just fine. But know of what you speak, it's been a problem for a while.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah definitely always aggravating (the sound thing during interviews).

Wags seemed defensive, especially asked to explain his tweet this morning. Too much of a chip on his shoulder there, IMO. Hey could have used that moment to clarify his position and defuse but he did not. I love him as a player of course and of course I think he deserves to get paid well but he used to be more humble.

As with Russ, I think you can really tell a difference in how he carries himself today versus his first year. It's fascinating to watch how fame changes a person. I think he still has a fantastic head on his shoulders and will always score high on the character test but there's a slight arrogance to his demeanor now that wasn't there his first two seasons. I'm not mad about it, or even wanting to suggest it's a negative thing, but it is something I've noticed.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Wow, when did Wagner develop such an attitude? I found watching his press conference to be unpleasant. Not sure why the Seahawks PR staff would put him up there on the podium before he signs his extension.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3kxfo67z said:
Wow, when did Wagner develop such an attitude? I found watching his press conference to be unpleasant. Not sure why the Seahawks PR staff would put him up there on the podium before he signs his extension.

Yeah that was a miss by PR. He clearly has an attitude at the moment. There are plenty of other players they could have chose that media and fans would like to have heard from today.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2vbxippq said:
Cut him now!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":4eh7llgf said:
Yeah definitely always aggravating (the sound thing during interviews).

Wags seemed defensive, especially asked to explain his tweet this morning. Too much of a chip on his shoulder there, IMO. Hey could have used that moment to clarify his position and defuse but he did not. I love him as a player of course and of course I think he deserves to get paid well but he used to be more humble.

Yeah I hate the attitude, but I get it. Both Wagner and Wilson have had their agents in their ear telling them how great they are and how they deserve to be the highest paid at their positions. They have been filling up their heads for months with praise from their agents. So I can understand how they might be a little puffed up and arrogant during these times.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hard to maintain a humble nature when you have won a Super Bowl, been to another, been told your the best defense and or player in the league. Dating a Super Star etc.

The price of success is what many people would call it.

Being a fan from the beginning and hearing the comments of were in Egypt, Southern Canada, never did nothing, have no history, and others, we have grown used to the Matt Hasslebeck, Jim Zorn, Steve Largent type personalities. Even our coaches for the most part, Knox, Holmgren, Flores were not big flashy types when it came to the media. Erickson was probably the closest you would get to that, and he was the head of some terrible teams.

Pete is out there in front and accessible, our players here now have confidence and a level of attitude. Success just raises that bar for them.

We as fans have to get used to what our team is just as much as the players adapting to being the predator of the league and not a feeder fish. I would also have to think with their success a certain amount of the player have people wanting a piece of them everywhere they go now, being recognized, all that goes with it.

All the above changes people, add a lot of money and you can create a Monster if those players are not prepared and well advised by people that are not part of the problem. How many players having gained success have had their investment advisor embezzle their money or lead them down bad paths.

rideaducati

Reaction score
netskier":1nsyo4s7 said:
I second this suggestion. This problem is chronic.

Or they could close caption the questions at the bottom of the screen before submitting the video.

rcaido

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1psomxp5 said:

Very very unpleasant...He trashed Wilson contract, talk bad about the Seahawks organization, wondering why his contract is not done yet as being the best line backer in the NFL. He needs to be cut NOW! :roll:

rideaducati

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":132zlfov said:

When they cancelled the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":1cmyv5hp said:
CalgaryHawk":1cmyv5hp said:

Very very unpleasant...He trashed Wilson contract, talk bad about the Seahawks organization, wondering why his contract is not done yet as being the best line backer in the NFL. He needs to be cut NOW! :roll:

Bobby's a great player, and one of my favorite players so I hope we keep him for a long time, but I've never seen him bring such a negative attitude into an interview before. It's very "unseahawky" for a player to engage the media like that (other than Marshawn of course) under Carroll's tenure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Listened to the Wags interview, I saw nothing negative there, he was barraged with the same question over and over just phrased differently, very little about the team and what he see's going forward.

You really think he is going to say what he is asking for and what the Seahawks have told his agent at this point?

He wants to be paid like one of the best at his position in the NFL and respected, we heard this from Thomas, Sherman, Kam, Wilson, Lynch, and now Wagner, I guess they are all Negative people also.

rcaido

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3v6phtph said:
rcaido":3v6phtph said:
CalgaryHawk":3v6phtph said:

Bobby's a great player, and one of my favorite players so I hope we keep him for a long time, but I've never seen him bring such a negative attitude into an interview before. It's very "unseahawky" for a player to engage the media like that (other than Marshawn of course) under Carroll's tenure.

I didn't see anything negative at all. He said he wants a deal done NOW & a sincere congrats to Russell,. Says he's focus on football & want to make the Seahawks the best defense again. He did it while being very soft spoken.

As for his tweet "Cant keep everyone" Its exactly what that means, you cant keep everyone. I dont know how else he could have addressed it...Would be more awkward if he said no comment. It was something he shouldn't have tweeted but he responded to it the best way IMO. As for his comment about NOW he's probably already frustrated w/ the media, like pretty much everyone from the Seahawks...Seahawks are not looking good at all, all we see right now is the players are greedy from the media.

Latest posts