Tyler Lockett getting reps with the first team in the slot

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett looks like the #3 receiver right now
It was certainly newsworthy that when the Seahawks trotted out their first three-receiver set, something they do quite often from past personnel groupings, rookie Tyler Lockett was nestled between Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin, who were split wide. We have all heard good things, but this was confirmation that the coaches are seeing Lockett as a guy who will factor into a lot more than just special teams this year.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2015/07/2015 ... .html#more

Several intriguing observations in this article, which includes an unofficial depth chart based on where players have lined up in the first practice:

Day1 11personnelOdepthchart
Day1baseDdepthchart

mikeak

Reaction score
Yes!!! What I was hoping for last year. With Richardsson coming back and Graham on the field we just need to adjust play calling to use them right

Brithawk

Reaction score
I was kind of hoping for more of Baldwin in the slot, don't think he's nearly as effective out wide

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I find a depth chart without Thomas and Chancellor to be upsetting.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How about our SB's 100 yards receiver C. Matthew? Why isn't this guy getting any respect?

sutz

Reaction score
I love how anybody could think the depth chart on the first day of camp could mean anything. :laugh:

Hey, it's good the rook is getting the work, but get back to me in 4 weeks or so with what the roster will look like. ;)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lockett is better than Mathews and I really, really hope he is thrown into the lineup. He will greatly improve our offense once he's comfortable. It's too early to draw any conclusions but I hope this plays out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1vc0gj8j said:
How about our SB's 100 yards receiver C. Matthew? Why isn't this guy getting any respect?

Matthews isn't a slot guy.. he's better suited to be the flanker, which I imagine would slide Baldwin inside with that particular personnel.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I still find it strange that Lewis looks like he won't make the roster. What happened that not only LJP but also Nowak and Sokoli passed him by all of a sudden?

Chapow

Reaction score
Overseasfan":teem7yki said:
I still find it strange that Lewis looks like he won't make the roster. What happened that not only LJP but also Nowak and Sokoli passed him by all of a sudden?

I think it's a bit early to be saying that it looks like Lewis won't make the roster.

There has been 1 day of training camp.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping that our top rookies Lockett and Clark can contribute this year!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2t5x8y9y said:

Right now Patrick Lewis is our #1 center. I would take this practice reps chart as an indication the coaches are looking for who will emerge behind him. They don't particularly need to see reps from Patrick Lewis to know what he brings. They do need to see how the guys on the bubble compete against each other.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
olyfan63":3djos61b said:
Overseasfan":3djos61b said:

Right now Patrick Lewis is our #1 center. I would take this practice reps chart as an indication the coaches are looking for who will emerge behind him. They don't particularly need to see reps from Patrick Lewis to know what he brings. They do need to see how the guys on the bubble compete against each other.

Are you sure about that? Seems like every starter was out there except the injured ones.

Tical21

Reaction score
olyfan63":3robosk9 said:
Overseasfan":3robosk9 said:

He wasn't #1 in OTA's. Not sure why he isn't listed as #2 though.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm all-in to see what Lockett can do, but if Mathews doesn't get a shot to see if he can replicate his playoffs success, I'll be a little disappointed.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":1p7uh3su said:
olyfan63":1p7uh3su said:
Overseasfan":1p7uh3su said:

He wasn't #1 in OTA's. Not sure why he isn't listed as #2 though.

Nowak was also taking reps with the first team during OTAs. Per this report, it sounds like Jeanpierre and Nowak are the only players to get first team reps at center thus far.

netskier

Reaction score
Why don't we create separate threads for players, or at least positions? Putting centers in with Lockett seems a little ........., suboptimal.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
netskier":c9asvcmr said:
Why don't we create separate threads for players, or at least positions? Putting centers in with Lockett seems a little ........., suboptimal.

I could change the title if you think that it make it more clear. I was just excited to hear that the rookie was getting almost all of the first and second team reps at slot receiver. I expect he will have more of an impact than Richardson did last year.

But the article in the OP contains a lot of other good stuff: Jimmy Graham dominating, offense ahead of the defense for maybe the first time, Jeanpierre and Nowak continuing to take first team reps at center, Tyrell Adams looking great breaking on the ball, etc.

netskier

Reaction score
I was just thinking ahead. I will create some position threads later today. The centers, the offensive guards, the offensive tackles, the receivers, etc.