Training Camp Day 2

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not an X's and O's guy so I can't offer up anything of significance in that area, these are just general musings from my experience today.

I attended TC last year and this year looked like three times the 12's from last year. I arrived in Renton to get checked in at 7:30am thinking I would be one of the first hundred or so fans...Oh no. The line was already half a mile long. After waiting about an hour to get checked in, we went into the bus line which went a little faster. Only about a half hour wait or so.

If you've attended TC at the VMAC, not much has changed. Same overall concessions and stands. You could get your photo taken with Taima our (real) mascot as well as some SeaGals. Not wanting to look like a middle-aged creeper more than I already do I passed on the latter, lol.

The Met Grill has a stand which is exciting but the menu, meh. Pulled pork sammy's (not bad), turkey leg (eh?) and roasted corn on the cob (meh). The Met is the best steak in Seattle, I would love it if they could offer up some steak sammy's and/or steak kabob's, etc... Maybe enough feedback will allow some better menu selections for 12's in the future.

Today the practice was held at the south field, the one that lies perpendicular (East to West) to their main (South to North) field. That created this odd funneling of fans bunched up on the small south hill with much of the main berm being unused. I thought that was a really strange move on the Seahawks part. Why not use the main field where the full berm can be used which has such better viewing for more fans?

Any ways, on to the important stuff...

With the music pumping from the PA system the tempo is typical Pete. Players flying around, banging into the stationary pads (on D) and running individual group drills. Typical TC stuff. There's so much to process at once I can only focus on one player or area at a time. The one player today that absolutely stood out was #17 Kasen Williams. He made two spectacular catches that drew cheers from the 12's. It's clear he wants to make this 2015 roster.

Russ looked like Russ. Efficient and quick. A couple less-than-perfect balls but for the most part he was precise and accurate. He connected with Graham several times throughout practice. Get ready to hear a lot of "Wilson to Graham....Touchdown Seeeeaahawks!!" From Raibs this year. You can tell they are already building a solid rapport.

Lynch could not be found the first 10 or 15 minutes when the players were on the field. We were beginning to wonder if he was going to practice at all but he finally did come out and looked, well, like Lynch looks when he runs. Not a ton of runs for Beast. We all know they like to keep his reps to a minimum in TC. Not like he has to prove anything in August to anyone.

Graham is outstanding and is no doubt going to be a difference maker on offense this year. I am really pulling for Matthews as well. I love his size and hands. If he can build on what he did in XLIX this could be a formidable WR/TE corp that will be tough to beat on size mismatches alone.

I'm sure I am missing a million things that those with an X's and O's brain would have picked up on today but the good news is nobody looked horrible that I saw, and I missed any injuries even though I guess the other post mentions someone walking off the field with some injury? I didn't see that.

It was pretty hot but by the lake there is a nice little breeze and they have those mist-generator fans that are REALLY nice to have on a 90+ degree day. We waited for the Blue Angels but we were already on the bus back to Renton by the time we saw them hit the skies.

All-in-all it was fun. Took my wife, daughter and nephew. Not sure if I will go back (maybe when the crowds die down a bit) but if you have never been to one and can go, I would do it at least once.

I miss the days when they were in Cheney and we .NETTERS made it a long weekend road trip. The scenery is MUCH better at the VMAC but the accessibility was superior in Cheney.

Hard to know for sure, but I smell another Championship season ahead.

Panoramic Photo:
http://www.toddbreda.com/tc2.jpg

Attachments

• tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,839

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You mean Kasen Williams and not Kevin? That confused me to death when I first read it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I went over to Cheney today, stared at the empty fields, and wept.

seanoob

Reaction score
Grilson small

Loved camp. It's awesome seeing the QBs hook up with Jimmy Graham.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Despite the millions, RW still looks too short !!! Could he be the shortest millionaire in the NFL ever?

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ll5jiqx said:
You mean Kasen Williams and not Kevin? That confused me to death when I first read it.

Ah crap, sorry about that. I KNEW I should have checked the roster before typing that. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":24hvaekv said:
I went over to Cheney today, stared at the empty fields, and wept.

Hope you shed a tear for me too.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Not Football related but one of the most impressive things I saw at camp today was when Irvine jumped over Mebane.

Yes, during a drill in the South East corner of field 3 during warm up drills, Irvine walked up behind Mebane put his hands on his shoulders and sprang over him while he was standing up. Crotch over head over the top in the splits, like a freaking gymnast.

Anyone else see it? No doubt, Irvine is in ridiculous physical shape. I'm just glad he didn't injure himself showing off.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Did anyone see Matthews make any plays ?

I'm with you on him, Todd. Go back and look at all his catches in the Superbowl. Almost every one of them required him to catch the ball outside his body, and a couple of them had him contorting his body all the way around the opposite way he was running to catch the ball. His hands and body control looked really good.

We don't need to see him get better than that, just more consistent. Seriously, that performance, paired with Graham and some newer talent on the team, and he's producing and moving a lot of chains this year.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2261wl8q said:
Not Football related but one of the most impressive things I saw at camp today was when Irvine jumped over Mebane.

Yes, during a drill in the South East corner of field 3 during warm up drills, Irvine walked up behind Mebane put his hands on his shoulders and sprang over him while he was standing up. Crotch over head over the top in the splits, like a freaking gymnast.

Anyone else see it? No doubt, Irvine is in ridiculous physical shape. I'm just glad he didn't injure himself showing off.

Irvin tweeted an instagram pic today of himself and Mebane; he does look to be in monster shape.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/52o_HRmO15/[/instagram]

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawks46":208j0apk said:

He made one nice catch that I saw...Nothing spectacular but his size (like Graham) really sticks out. Soft hands. They could be a great duo. I know they aren't the same position technically but you know what I mean.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":12vnq2q0 said:
Hawks46":12vnq2q0 said:

He made one nice catch that I saw...Nothing spectacular but his size (like Graham) really sticks out. Soft hands. They could be a great duo. I know they aren't the same position technically but you know what I mean.

Oh, I do know what you mean. I can't wait to see all those Red Zone FG's we kicked last year turn into TD's.

I drool thinking about Matthews, Graham, and maybe Kearse lining up with Lynch in the backfield. Then there's the threat of Wilson taking off with it. Yeeeesh.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2ffm5ec6 said:
dbsn2420":2ffm5ec6 said:

Irvin tweeted an instagram pic today of himself and Mebane; he does look to be in monster shape.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/52o_HRmO15/[/instagram]

Have a feeling Irvin will have a monster year before he jets to Atlanta

peppersjap

Reaction score
Aros":1yq7gii1 said:
Sorry I'm not an X's and O's guy so I can't offer up anything of significance in that area, these are just general musings from my experience today.

I attended TC last year and this year looked like three times the 12's from last year. I arrived in Renton to get checked in at 7:30am thinking I would be one of the first hundred or so fans...Oh no. The line was already half a mile long. After waiting about an hour to get checked in, we went into the bus line which went a little faster. Only about a half hour wait or so.

If you've attended TC at the VMAC, not much has changed. Same overall concessions and stands. You could get your photo taken with Taima our (real) mascot as well as some SeaGals. Not wanting to look like a middle-aged creeper more than I already do I passed on the latter, lol.

The Met Grill has a stand which is exciting but the menu, meh. Pulled pork sammy's (not bad), turkey leg (eh?) and roasted corn on the cob (meh). The Met is the best steak in Seattle, I would love it if they could offer up some steak sammy's and/or steak kabob's, etc... Maybe enough feedback will allow some better menu selections for 12's in the future.

Today the practice was held at the south field, the one that lies perpendicular (East to West) to their main (South to North) field. That created this odd funneling of fans bunched up on the small south hill with much of the main berm being unused. I thought that was a really strange move on the Seahawks part. Why not use the main field where the full berm can be used which has such better viewing for more fans?

Any ways, on to the important stuff...

With the music pumping from the PA system the tempo is typical Pete. Players flying around, banging into the stationary pads (on D) and running individual group drills. Typical TC stuff. There's so much to process at once I can only focus on one player or area at a time. The one player today that absolutely stood out was #17 Kasen Williams. He made two spectacular catches that drew cheers from the 12's. It's clear he wants to make this 2015 roster.

Russ looked like Russ. Efficient and quick. A couple less-than-perfect balls but for the most part he was precise and accurate. He connected with Graham several times throughout practice. Get ready to hear a lot of "Wilson to Graham....Touchdown Seeeeaahawks!!" From Raibs this year. You can tell they are already building a solid rapport.

Lynch could not be found the first 10 or 15 minutes when the players were on the field. We were beginning to wonder if he was going to practice at all but he finally did come out and looked, well, like Lynch looks when he runs. Not a ton of runs for Beast. We all know they like to keep his reps to a minimum in TC. Not like he has to prove anything in August to anyone.

Graham is outstanding and is no doubt going to be a difference maker on offense this year. I am really pulling for Matthews as well. I love his size and hands. If he can build on what he did in XLIX this could be a formidable WR/TE corp that will be tough to beat on size mismatches alone.

I'm sure I am missing a million things that those with an X's and O's brain would have picked up on today but the good news is nobody looked horrible that I saw, and I missed any injuries even though I guess the other post mentions someone walking off the field with some injury? I didn't see that.

It was pretty hot but by the lake there is a nice little breeze and they have those mist-generator fans that are REALLY nice to have on a 90+ degree day. We waited for the Blue Angels but we were already on the bus back to Renton by the time we saw them hit the skies.

All-in-all it was fun. Took my wife, daughter and nephew. Not sure if I will go back (maybe when the crowds die down a bit) but if you have never been to one and can go, I would do it at least once.

I miss the days when they were in Cheney and we .NETTERS made it a long weekend road trip. The scenery is MUCH better at the VMAC but the accessibility was superior in Cheney.

Hard to know for sure, but I smell another Championship season ahead.

Panoramic Photo:
http://www.toddbreda.com/tc2.jpg
These were my feelings when I went last year. it was a great experience the year before but when I showed up last year the crowds were nuts. I was at the Landing very early and was so far back in line that from the seat I got on the berm I could only see parts of the field they were practicing. I didn't even try for tickets this year, I'll wait for the real thing at the Clink!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2i0a9rz8 said:
Have a feeling Irvin will have a monster year before he jets to Atlanta

Hope he really kills it this year and finally earns that big contract. Comp pick is goona be nice. :179417:
Really high on KPL as well, dude is goona do just fine replacing Irvin.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bwagz54/status/627131532503691265[/tweet]

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Is Douglas Mcneil making great plays? I've been reading articles and people are saying he's doing pretty good. Imagine the lineup of Mcneil, Matthews, Willson, Graham, Wilson, Lynch. You let them run and throw to the one that's closes to the goal even if he's covered or not...championship.