Keeping Bruce

Rob12

Reaction score
I hope some how, some way, this front office can make it happen.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the likelihood that Irvin will be gone after this season, but he's the one Seahawk who I really feel is going to have an absolute monster season. He looks to be in ridiculous shape and he's angry. He seems like the type of player that will just play out of his mind when he feels he has a lot to prove. He sees his boys getting paid some serious cash and wants to join the club.

It's probably a long shot, but I really hope it can work out somehow. I am not sure who's all up for deals next season and the cap will be tight, but if some roster churning can be done to keep Bruce here, it would be amazing.

If not, KPL will be a nice consolation prize, because he looks to me like he's the real deal.

Seahawk problems... What an insane era were experiencing as fans right now.

What's next? I can't even imagine.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Bruce is gone after this year. ....which I think equates to him having a great year this year. He will get paid next year, I just don't think it will be by Seattle.... And if KPL can stay healthy, look out!

peppersjap

Reaction score
No doubt that Bruce is gone after this year. If he has a great year that probability becomes higher. it sucks we can't keep the whole team together but it is reality and I'm sure Irvin knows it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bruce will get his if he balls out this year, which I think he will, he will get double digit sacks this season. It's all about money now, he's already have one SB ring, now you chase the money, I ain't even mad at him. If we were to keep him, then that means Okung and Mebane will be gone. But at the same time all three might be gone to keep Sweezy, who knows what the future holds, but it's so damn exciting right now to be a Seahawks fan.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21gjyfpc said:
I think Bruce is gone after this year. ....which I think equates to him having a great year this year. He will get paid next year, I just don't think it will be by Seattle.... And if KPL can stay healthy, look out!
Bingo. This one is the first that will hurt. But that's how it rolls.

Basically Wagner and Wilson are elite and have proven it at the highest levels possible. Irvin? Yeah.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":risrr20j said:
Sports Hernia":risrr20j said:

Basically Wagner and Wilson are elite and have proven it at the highest levels possible. Irvin? Yeah.

Tate hurt. :(

And Clemons & Bryant stung. :cry: Really wish there was a way to get them back.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":oerqxys3 said:
MizzouHawkGal":oerqxys3 said:
Sports Hernia":oerqxys3 said:

We don't need them back we still made it to the Superbowl without them, let's look at the future of the new guys who will step up.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":bkom9x9q said:
dontbelikethat":bkom9x9q said:
MizzouHawkGal":bkom9x9q said:
Sports Hernia":bkom9x9q said:

We don't need them back we still made it to the Superbowl without them, let's look at the future of the new guys who will step up.

Fan fav's man.

Meeker

Reaction score
Bruce will get 7+ a year. No way we can keep him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1tbd3ngh said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tbd3ngh said:
Sports Hernia":1tbd3ngh said:

It'd be a mistake on the Ruskell level. Don't we already have that T-shirt?

tooshort

Reaction score
I was just out BSing with a few of our .net members and the scenario we proposed was... If Bruce performs like he should in his contract year you let him go ( and get a high comp pick) ...

If he doesn't put himself in a position for mega $$$ ( netting us a 3rd or 4th round comp pick)and Frank Clark shows us he is a viable Bennett replacement then you take the other route... Trade Bennett for a pick in the same " comp" range and roll the money into a Bruce deal.

We all were uninformed as far as Bennett's remaining guarantees so I'm not sure if the cap hit is feasible for a trade...feel free to enlighten us! :thirishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
He doesn't get it, when you shut up and put up the Seahawks take care of you. Time he shut up and put up, why his 5th year option like Carpenter was not optioned.

He hasn't played bad, just not set himself apart from others.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":1tiqarre said:
He doesn't get it, when you shut up and put up the Seahawks take care of you. Time he shut up and put up, why his 5th year option like Carpenter was not optioned.

He hasn't played bad, just not set himself apart from others.
Nice summation. Like you said the guy isn't bad.
In fact he may be elite, just shut up and show us already.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":32db6mny said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/627699864554450944[/tweet]

Great song, though. Ok Bruce get yours. We can both benefit from your play. I'll put my faith in Schneider.