Tony McDaniel Cut

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Per Twitterland.

It was absolutely inevitable with the Wilson & Wagner deals. I imagine he could come back for less $$. This saves $3M in room.

"Can't keep everybody".

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/627865453424046081[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/627865691752898561[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bwagz54/status/627131532503691265[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, not surprising. He was good, but expendable with Meebs and Hill healthy I suppose.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
wonder if they try to get him back on the cheap

erik2690

Reaction score
They can't literally "keep everyone", but we have lost far bigger pieces in this nice run and been full steam ahead. Hill emerging makes this easier and seemingly necessary for the cap. Don't let this put much of a damper on the last few days.

Fade

Reaction score
Mebane
Rubin
Hill

Still got 3 good guys at DT.

+ I expect Seattle to sign a vet DT for cheap to chase a ring sometime here in preseason. It might be McDaniel back on a cheaper deal.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3uqro4co said:
wonder if they try to get him back on the cheap
Doubt it.

I'm guessing that he'll get picked up by a team desperate for D-line help... like the Saints (who already picked up Kevin Williams).

Ozzy

Reaction score
They will obviously try to bring him back for cheap but where he goes will be up to him. This was inevitable.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Thanks for everything TM. Have fun in Atlanta, Quinn will love this news.

drdiags

Reaction score
Later to the Big Amigo. Opted to come here because he thought the uniforms were cool, got a ring and almost a second one. Best of luck to him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1u5cfxx0 said:
Thanks for everything TM. Have fun in Atlanta, Quinn will love this news.
Agree with this. He'll be a nice addition in Atlanta

kidhawk

Reaction score
They are saying it's due to Wagner/Wilson deals but we still have cap room without the cut. I wonder if they plan to move money around for Kam quietly

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This is a big loss. McDaniel was a good run stuffer and was healthy throughout his career here. Attrition matters greatly in my book.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":e4tv1jdi said:
They are saying it's due to Wagner/Wilson deals but we still have cap room without the cut. I wonder if they plan to move money around for Kam quietly
Not sure how anything in the age of twitter can be done quietly.

That would be very disappointing to see McDaniel get cut for Kam, who still has 3 years left

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TM is an excellent run stopper. Unfortunately, he did not add much upside as a pass rusher, which is what you need at the three technique.

Hill is going to need to step the hell up. He has the pass rushing prowess, but he needs to learn how to be more physical, read the run, shed blocks, and make tackles.

Rubin, I have a low opinion of based on his struggles, specifically against the run, over the last two seasons.

I would like to see Dobbs get an opportunity at the three technique; he looked very stout against the run and gives you pass rushing upside. I wonder if he is big enough to play inside on first and second downs.

Three technique is even more of a position to watch now during training camp.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kidhawk":3kwrhbcf said:

There's also been talk about having 3 or 4 Mill cap available going into preseason for injury so it might have more to do with that.