Carroll sounds VERY excited about the nickel pass rush

hawknation2015

Reaction score
"When you look at the pass rush, at the potential of our pass rush, being with Cliff and Bruce outside, and Mike Bennett and Frank, as well as Jordan Hill on the inside, that’s pretty exciting," Carroll said. "That’s maybe as fast as we’ve ever been, potentially, and I’m hoping we can make that a group that can really, really come to life. It always is an area that you’re working on. This might be our best shot.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/02 ... ining-camp

Zkl8W6B

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Where's the 11th defender? Seems like you are missing a LBer or slot DB.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":l21s6pk7 said:
Where's the 11th defender? Seems like you are missing a LBer or slot DB.

It's a hawkblogger.com depth chart. Sometimes when the image is too large, this site will cut it off. When that happens, you can right click on it to view the image in a separate window. I decided to cut the image to just the front four for the purposes of this thread.

kearly

Reaction score
Interesting that they seem to view Bennett as more of an inside rusher again this year. A bit of a reversal there from 2014 when he saw a lot more usage at LEO.

Fade

Reaction score
In nickel, it seems Avril always lines up in a Wide 9 on the left, Bruce in a Wide 9 on the right. Have they changed that this year? Or is hawkblogger clueless.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Fade":268bpfwp said:
In nickel, it seems Avril always lines up in a Wide 9 on the left, Bruce in a Wide 9 on the right. Have they changed that this year? Or is hawkblogger clueless.

Last year, that was the case, except Schofield took a lot of those snaps at LEO. This was his perception of where they lined up during the first practice, which would be different.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fade":5wwq9uy3 said:
I'd lean towards hawkbkogger being clueless. There are so many more intelligent posters on this site and so much more intelligent conversation here. Which is why I come here and not his blog.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3altm3b3 said:
Fade":3altm3b3 said:
I'd lean towards hawkbkogger being clueless. There are so many more intelligent posters on this site and so much more intelligent conversation here. Which is why I come here and not his blog.
I suggest you go back a few years to previous training camps he's covered. You'll find he hits way more than he misses. He's one of the best bloggers out there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":16zv057r said:
Interesting that they seem to view Bennett as more of an inside rusher again this year. A bit of a reversal there from 2014 when he saw a lot more usage at LEO.

It makes sense looking at last year's LEO depth compared to this year's. We're probably going to cut or stash someone this year that Schofield couldn't have beat out. He wouldn't have even made the TC roster this year.

netskier

Reaction score
Bennett is special in that he is great both inside and out, and he argues that is why he is worth some extra money. He can play WELL wherever the team needs him on the DL.

dadof3

Reaction score
I remember last year reading about Bruce and a "spinner" role, whatever happened with that? It sounded intriguing. Be interesting to see if any schemes change with DQ gone, although I'm of the belief that it's Pete's D and the DC is more of a figurehead