My first post here

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and have been a Seahawks fan since discovering American football in 1985. A bit of a story lies behind why I chose Seattle. I visited the Emerald City in 1996 for three weeks, staying with friends I'd met on email, who live in the woods near Poulsbo in Kitsap County. I went to two games at the Kingdome: both were wins! Haven't been back since, but hoping to soon.

The first person I ever spoke to on email who I didn't actually know was a guy called Matthew Montgomery, a huge Seahawks fan. This was circa 1994 - a friend of mine here in Adelaide printed me out a post he'd sent to one of the old "alt.dot" Newsgroups fora. Lost contact with him many years ago. Matt, are you here? Anyone here heard of him? Of course he may not use his real name, even if he is on this forum!

Charles Humphreys (the honorary Seattleite)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":1wfcfbj1 said:
Hi everyone

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and have been a Seahawks fan since discovering American football in 1985. A bit of a story lies behind why I chose Seattle. I visited the Emerald City in 1996 for three weeks, staying with friends I'd met on email, who live in the woods near Poulsbo in Kitsap County. I went to two games at the Kingdome: both were wins! Haven't been back since, but hoping to soon.

The first person I ever spoke to on email who I didn't actually know was a guy called Matthew Montgomery, a huge Seahawks fan. This was circa 1994 - a friend of mine here in Adelaide printed me out a post he'd sent to one of the old "alt.dot" Newsgroups fora. Lost contact with him many years ago. Matt, are you here? Anyone here heard of him? Of course he may not use his real name, even if he is on this forum!

Charles Humphreys (the honorary Seattleite)

Welcome to .Net, Charles!

Good luck in your search.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hey Mate, you gotta get a 12th Man flag, have a picture taken of you and it with something notable in the background, and post it here.

Welcome to our humble abode!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welcome to .net, hope you decide to be active here.
I light of recent events and preseason just around the corner, things are getting exciting.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Welcome to .Net.
One of my classmates from High School in Washington State went to New South Wales playing Basketball. Doesnt play anymore but that is where he lives for the most part. Have fun and as PMedic said, it is getting fun now.

:2: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Welcome. I would advise you not to speak or interact with any of the following individuals:

SacHawk2.0
peachesenregalia
pmedic920
RolandDeschain
Sports Hernia
RockHawk
MontanaHawk05
Zebulon Dak
OkieHawk
Sgt. Largent
Scottem...

You know what? Just run.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Welcome! Always great to see new Seahawk fans from all over the world.

My cousin and her husband moved to Keith, Australia a couple years ago, so she's about 225km away from you. She loves it there!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't think you can get any further to the DEEEEP South than that. :lol:
Some thirty Years ago ,my Wife & I lived in the outskirts of Poulsbo, it's a great place to raise the kids.
The more the merrier, :th2thumbs: welcome aboard.

byau

Reaction score
Welcome! (( You caught a nice Chuck Knox era there in the 1980's :D ))

Cheers!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2gprssuf said:
MontanaHawk05":2gprssuf said:
Welcome. I would advise you not to speak or interact with any of the following individuals:

SacHawk2.0
peachesenregalia
pmedic920
RolandDeschain
Sports Hernia
RockHawk
MontanaHawk05
Zebulon Dak
OkieHawk
Sgt. Largent
Scottem...

You know what? Just run.

Don't lump me in with the rest of those cretins. I'm grown.

Being fat doesn't count as grown.

pmedic920

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3jw3yyl4 said:
Don't lump me in with the rest of those cretins. I'm grown.

I'm 100% sure that list was an intended compliment :{)

BTW, you're not grown till your Mum cuts the mittens lose from your sleeves.

OP
OP
Aussie Seahawk

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thank you to everyone for all your welcomes! It's almost like being back in Seattle again.

BlueTalon":3hun4je1 said:
Hey Mate, you gotta get a 12th Man flag, have a picture taken of you and it with something notable in the background, and post it here.

Welcome to our humble abode!

Thank you! I have a pic on my computer, but the FAQ says folks can't upload here from their own machine, if I read it correctly. Debbie (my friend in Poulsbo) had it posted onto Richard Sherman's Facebook page in early 2014, just before the Superbowl, so I'll ask her if she can show me what to do, to post it here.

Charles