Who is more valuable on the field? Chancellor or Bennett?

Who is more valuable ON THE FIELD - Kam Chancellor or Michael Bennett?

• Kam Chancellor

Votes: 94 75.2%
  • Michael Bennett

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Guys! Need help settling a debate with a friend.

I say Kam is more valuable in terms of impact on the field, he says Bennett.

Decimation

Reaction score
Kam!! He's a playmaker, a baller, and can set the tone on defense.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
We have Frank Clark, who appears to have enough athleticism to play the Bennett role, albeit probably not as well because he is a rookie. As a run stopper, I think Clark has a chance to be just as good as Bennett.

Chancellor is the most feared player in the game, an All Pro, the undisputed best SS in the game, and we don't have a lot of true SS options behind him.

Anyway, they are both extremely valuable to this defense.

McGruff

Reaction score
I say Kam based on two factors.

First, I am pretty high on Marsh, Clark and Hill. Combine that with no depth at safety, and that tips the scales pretty heavily.

Secondly, Kam is just flat out better. And younger. And better.

netskier

Reaction score
Emotion tells me Kam, and logic tells me Bennett. Kam instills fear of the lob, and Bennett provides lots of pressures that enable the lob.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO both are equally important to their position group..........but only one of them sets the physical tone of relentless ferocity that this defense takes onto the field every second of every game.

Kam.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
McGruff":2azc0u9q said:
I say Kam based on two factors.

First, I am pretty high on Marsh, Clark and Hill. Combine that with no depth at safety, and that tips the scales pretty heavily.

Secondly, Kam is just flat out better. And younger. And better.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

jblaze

Reaction score
Kam is the enforcer and the one everyone is scared of. He brings that edge to our secondary that is rare nowadays.

He is the quiet but effective leader of this defense. Just like everyone feeds off of Lynch, the team feeds off of Kam as well. Both tough hard nosed players and it sets the tone for the day.

I love Bennett but he's not nearly as unique as Kam is. Bennett is a very effective and versatile DLineman but he doesn't command respect from other players like Kam does.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm going with Bennett because he creates constant havoc and pressure on the defensive line that directs the play out to others.

They have to get past MB in order for Kam to see them, and while Chancellor does make some big splash plays, I'll bet his overall play isn't that far above the next available SS as compared to how much better Michael is above the next available DT.

To clarify my muddled musings, it would be harder to replace MB than it would be to replace KC.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am saying Kam just because his size/speed combo is so rare and creates so much of a mismatch.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It starts and ends in the trenches. If we can't pressure the QB or stop the run game we lose. See playoffs @ ATL in 2013 and the SB 2015. Couldn't pressure the qb and it cost us.

Kam is the best at his position but his position is not as valuable to the effectiveness of the defense.

Very close call though.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Tough question.... I went back and forth. But finally settled on Bennett.

Purely on the position they play. IMO a defensive end who is versatile enough to move around the line, can generate pass rush from the 5 technique and then move inside on nickel downs, who also can stuff the run is more valuable than a strong safety.

I think Kam is a great strong safety, and I think Bennett is a great defensive lineman, but I'd pick that type of DE versus an equally good SS every time. :Dunno:

PS Also I really do think Kam is more of a leader on the field than Bennett, and an emotional tone setter.... meaning if Kam can deliver a big hit early it seems to raise the intensity of the team up around him.

So I don't know, tough question. Coin flip for me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bennett. The guy literally plays 4 positions at a ridiculously high level. He's unblockable most snaps.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There's probably some emotion at play in the vote since Kam is a fan favorite (and for good reason). Generally, however, I think it's hard to argue that your second best safety is more valuable than a great defensive-end. There's a reason why safeties don't make money. Teams can usually compensate for average safeties with great LBs and corners. But if you don't got a pass-rush? That makes life pretty difficult no matter how good your secondary or LBs are. But yeah, there are times when Kam does look like the most important guy on the field (especially in the playoffs) -- quite a feat from his position.