Douglas McNeil-Newest LOB member?

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/629349743030861824[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/629345086288044032[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/629347656163311618[/tweet]

netskier

Reaction score
Makes sense because it adds speed, height, and size to the position, plus it lessens the choice pressure at receiver.

ivotuk

Reaction score
netskier":1rz94ya8 said:
Makes sense because it adds speed, height, and size to the position, plus it lessens the choice pressure at receiver.

This is right on the money. It's Pete and John's unique way of making a player versatile and able to keep them on a crowded roster.

Got too many good WR? A little short in the DB department? Have 1 player with elite physical skills do both.

netskier

Reaction score
Who is your second guy?

This thread made me think that both Baldwin and Lockett might be able to play nickle corner, given their ultra quickness.

Seafan

Reaction score
He obviously played DB in the arena league. Probably not a stretch for him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know that we are rich as we think we are at WR.

Last year we appeared to have a glut of them. So too the year before (remember that guy that we stole from the Cards that excelled at catching the long pass in practice but we rarely (ever?) saw play in real games?

Every year we seem to have "fixed the WR problem" and suddenly ended up with the WR being "potentially the new strength of the team!" and then find out that we are scrambling to find guys to produce in volume during the year.

Add that to the reality that even our stud WRs (like Golden Tate) typically take 2-3 years for the lights to come on.

I am really hopeful, and cautiously optimistic? But this is a song we keep hearing during every training camp.. but maybe the losses at DB are just so significant we have no choice. I mean we traded for a DB that couldn't make the Lions for goodness sake.

Well, here is to hoping that Kevin Smith is at least another Kearse and Lockett turns into a slot producer.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherman was a WR that switched. He just did it a year before he was in Seattle.

Hope it works.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15mnwm1q said:
remember that guy that we stole from the Cards that excelled at catching the long pass in practice but we rarely (ever?) saw play in real games?

You mean Ricardo Lockette? We stole him (back) from the 49ers. :p

netskier

Reaction score
I think we keep him, based on him having made the catch of the day, on two of the six days so far. Plus his special teams speed.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think the guy from the Cardinals was the year before and he had a great highlight reel during the pre-season but never went anywhere. We have never had a weapon like Jimmy Graham and he will only make our "pedestrian" WR's better. We have not had a Receiver core over the last few years that was going to be hard to crack, we are going to let 1 or 2 quality guys go this year. I think Tyler Lockett is going to be huge and if Paul Richardson makes it back from his injury we are going to be strong. Someone is probably going to be cut between Matthews, Lockette and Norwood at some point during the season and if we lose any of them it would suck.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We could use an extra CB and this opens up a spot for someone like Kasen Williams or Kevin Smith to potentially make the roster. Let's see where this goes.

McGruff

Reaction score
peppersjap":mkcrd9br said:
I think the guy from the Cardinals was the year before and he had a great highlight reel during the pre-season but never went anywhere. We have never had a weapon like Jimmy Graham and he will only make our "pedestrian" WR's better. We have not had a Receiver core over the last few years that was going to be hard to crack, we are going to let 1 or 2 quality guys go this year. I think Tyler Lockett is going to be huge and if Paul Richardson makes it back from his injury we are going to be strong. Someone is probably going to be cut between Matthews, Lockette and Norwood at some point during the season and if we lose any of them it would suck.

Stephen Williams, pre-season wunderkin 2013.