WR Roster Battle

Which 2 WR's are we most likely to keep?

• Lockette

Votes: 50 41.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Norwood

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Richardson

Votes: 83 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We are most likely only going to keep 6 WR's on the roster this year meaning there is just not enough room for everybody. Most here would say the Baldwin, Kearse, and Lockett are roster locks. There will be some very intense debates the week before the season starts and I'd like to get the pulse of how everybody feels the battle will shake out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Richardson will start the season on the PUP list.

I think Norwood is in trouble

netskier

Reaction score
I agree Richardson will be on the PUP list, but think they will keep seven, and that Norwood makes it.

Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Matthews, Lockette, Norwood, plus Richardson.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
They will stash prich on pup list.
I see Ricardo lockette as more valuable than Norwood.
To me the tougher decision is between Matthews vs Kearse
I was intrigued by McNeil and I hope he somehow makes it to PS or who knows even as CB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Assuming Richardson starts on PUP, seems you could theoretically keep everyone that's noteworthy.

Kearse is a lock.

McNeil is probably a ghost roster candidate at best at this point.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Don't understand why people think Kearse might get cut. I understand he'll be making over 2 mill but according to reports he's having his best camp so far. Also, we're already young and inexperienced at the position why get even younger by cutting Kearse who's arguably our best WR in the clutch? He's a lock to make the roster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":hk151o68 said:
Don't understand why people think Kearse might get cut. I understand he'll be making over 2 mill but according to reports he's having his best camp so far. Also, we're already young and inexperienced at the position why get even younger by cutting Kearse who's arguably our best WR in the clutch? He's a lock to make the roster.

Yeah I would put the chances at Kearse getting cut at around 2%

I think Richardson will be put on the PUP list for sure. Of these four though I'd say Norwood is on the bubble

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Damnit, I voted Lockette and Matthews but didn't notice the extra e on the end of Lockette. It's early.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kearse should be on this list but guessing they keep him. He should 4th or 5th on the depth chart by seasons end.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
PRich will start on Pup. Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Matthews and Lockette look like they will make the roster. Then it's a toss up between Norwood, Williams and Smith for the last spot imo.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Baldwin, Kearse and t. Lockett are locks. They all three are having great camps. Based on what I have read from a number of sources there have been some great play out of many of the other wr. I have heard Mathews is playing tough, smith has made some big plays, and Norwood as well. I could see those 3 making it with Lockette gone and k. Williams being called to the practice squad. Richardson will start pup.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Schadie001":31eus45d said:
Baldwin, Kearse and t. Lockett are locks. They all three are having great camps. Based on what I have read from a number of sources there have been some great play out of many of the other wr. I have heard Mathews is playing tough, smith has made some big plays, and Norwood as well. I could see those 3 making it with Lockette gone and k. Williams being called to the practice squad. Richardson will start pup.
Probably this. I really like Lockette, and he's proven he can play in this league, but I just can't see how we keep him. Norwood is solid.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, the less we see of guys that are vets the more likely we keep them in pre season, the guys we see a lot of initially are the ones that they are trying to make decisions on.

Richardson, Norwood, Matthews,Lockett, and anyone else.

massari

Reaction score
Before I read (Seattle Times) Kearse was having his best camp ever, I thought he'd be a cap casualty to make room for a free agent like Mathis/Freeney/Z.Miller ect.

I think Lockette should go when Richarson is back.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think Kearse is anywhere close to being a lock and the four guys listed on the poll are ALL guys that I think the Seahawks keep.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Unless Norwood has a great preseason I don't see him making the roster, he's proven nothing so far. I originally thought Lockette would get cut but with Lane already out and the emphasis this team has on special teams I don't see that happening. Those who don't think Kearse has earned a roster spot are crazy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":3mx4pq9h said:
Unless Norwood has a great preseason I don't see him making the roster, he's proven nothing so far. I originally thought Lockette would get cut but with Lane already out and the emphasis this team has on special teams I don't see that happening. Those who don't think Kearse has earned a roster spot are crazy.

Kearse HAS earned a roster spot and that spot would probably be as a 4th receiver. The only problem with that is that the second and third receivers ahead of him get paid less COMBINED than Kearse is set to make. That is why I don't think he will be on the team when the season starts.

netskier

Reaction score
Is Kearse still dropping many catchable balls? Anybody see him in camp?

rideaducati

Reaction score
netskier":2htbv35j said:
Is Kearse still dropping many catchable balls? Anybody see him in camp?

Yes, but then just before the end of practice he makes an incredible catch that makes people forget how awful the drops he had earlier in the day were.