Where do the Hawks rank on the standings for most arrests?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RosenbergMerc/status/630899914533253121[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RosenbergMerc/status/630859620571975680[/tweet]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I wonder if they count collegiate arrests and what these rankings are based on the last 3 years. I cant honestly remember when the Seahawks had an arrest of a player that was part of the team, Josh Portis comes to mind. I remember Ware getting a DUI but after he was cut.

And I wonder what the PED based suspensions look like in the last 3 years. I know the Seahawks have 1 player in Irvin back may 2013.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawks have not had a player arrested in over a year and a half, since Spencer Ware was arrested for suspicion of DUI in the early morning on the day after the Seahawks beat the Saints in the divisional playoff round. Ware was on IR at the time of the arrest. Those charges were later dismissed, and Ware was released from the team after training camp.

That's the only Seahawk arrest in the last 2+ years.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tate - doughnuts - hardened criminal right there

Harvin should have been arrested for stealing :)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It also should be noted that the overall arrest rate for NFL players is much lower than the national average for men in their age group -- NFL players are arrested only 13% as frequently as compared to the general population. The NFL arrest rate is also lower than the arrest rate for MLB, NBA, or NHL players.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
1/12/2014 Spencer Ware: Arrested for suspicion of DUI in the early morning on the day after the Seahawks beat the Saints in the divisional playoff round. Charges dismissed

5/5/2013 Josh Portis Arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Seahawks waived the backup quarterback May 21 after news of the arrest surfaced.

4/25/2013 Tharold Simon Arrested on misdemeanor charges of public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation and a felony charge of obstruction of a roadway, in his hometown, Eunice, La. Drafted by Seahawks with the 138th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft less than 48 hours after his arrest. Charges dismissed by the St. Landry Parish District Attorney's Office because of a lack of evidence.

1/29/2013 Leroy Hill: Arrested on two felony counts of domestic violence stemming from an alleged incident with his girlfriend in his Issaquah home. Charges dropped.

7/14/2012 Marshawn Lynch: Arrested on suspicion of DUI in Oakland. Pleaded guilty to lesser charge of reckless driving.

6/14/2012 John Moffitt: Charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass and obstruction after being spotted urinating in a mall parking lot. He had previously been banned from the Bellevue Square mall. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct; paid $1,407 fine and received a suspended sentence of 24 months in jail.

2/26/2012 Jarriel King: Arrested on suspicion of having forcible sex with intoxicated woman after returning from night club. Cut by team a few weeks later. Acquitted by a jury July 2014.

2/25/2012 Leroy HIll: Arrested, charged with marijuana possession in Atlanta. Charges dropped.

6/16/2011 Raheem Brock: Arrested, charged with theft after reportedly walking out on $27 bar tab in Philadelphia. Acquitted.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...rtType=asc&CPIorderby=Team&cbCurrentPageSize=

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":kkkcooxz said:
I wonder if they count collegiate arrests and what these rankings are based on the last 3 years.

It couldn't; or for that matter include players that joined the team after an arrest.

With that in mind, should the Cowboys move to 1st place with an asterisk?

I'd also like to see what it would look like with offenses weighted. Doughnuts...murder... not exactly weighing out the same in my mind.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":10h8u3ku said:
1/12/2014 Spencer Ware: Arrested for suspicion of DUI in the early morning on the day after the Seahawks beat the Saints in the divisional playoff round. Charges dismissed

5/5/2013 Josh Portis Arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Seahawks waived the backup quarterback May 21 after news of the arrest surfaced.

4/25/2013 Tharold Simon Arrested on misdemeanor charges of public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation and a felony charge of obstruction of a roadway, in his hometown, Eunice, La. Drafted by Seahawks with the 138th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft less than 48 hours after his arrest. Charges dismissed by the St. Landry Parish District Attorney's Office because of a lack of evidence.

1/29/2013 Leroy Hill: Arrested on two felony counts of domestic violence stemming from an alleged incident with his girlfriend in his Issaquah home. Charges dropped.

7/14/2012 Marshawn Lynch: Arrested on suspicion of DUI in Oakland. Pleaded guilty to lesser charge of reckless driving.

6/14/2012 John Moffitt: Charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass and obstruction after being spotted urinating in a mall parking lot. He had previously been banned from the Bellevue Square mall. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct; paid $1,407 fine and received a suspended sentence of 24 months in jail.

2/26/2012 Jarriel King: Arrested on suspicion of having forcible sex with intoxicated woman after returning from night club. Cut by team a few weeks later. Acquitted by a jury July 2014.

2/25/2012 Leroy HIll: Arrested, charged with marijuana possession in Atlanta. Charges dropped.

6/16/2011 Raheem Brock: Arrested, charged with theft after reportedly walking out on $27 bar tab in Philadelphia. Acquitted.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...rtType=asc&CPIorderby=Team&cbCurrentPageSize=

So they are including a player who was arrested BEFORE he was drafted by the team, and charges for which were dropped, but they don't include prior arrests of players for any other team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As others have said, not all arrests are equally serious. Furthermore, if the player was acquitted or charges were later dropped then including it in the rankings just makes this compilation stupid in addition to meaningless.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Should Hill's 2013 arrest even count. His last game was Jan 13, two weeks prior to his arrest, and a month prior to becoming an official free agent. Seahawks had no intention in re-signing him. And as stated in the blog, charges were dropped.

Its crazy other than Lynch, none of these dudes are big names or currently with the team.

Its also crazy how many haters still call us the cheathawks or pedhawks when we havent had an incident for almost 2 and half years. I dont see anyone giving the Colts a hard time as I believe theyve had the most PED busts since 2013.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1vomejun said:
Should Hill's 2013 arrest even count. His last game was Jan 13, two weeks prior to his arrest, and a month prior to becoming an official free agent. Seahawks had no intention in re-signing him. And as stated in the blog, charges were dropped.

Its crazy other than Lynch, none of these dudes are big names or currently with the team.

Its also crazy how many haters still call us the cheathawks or pedhawks when we havent had an incident for almost 2 and half years. I dont see anyone giving the Colts a hard time as I believe theyve had the most PED busts since 2013.
Winning breeds envy and haters gonna hate. It's just that simple. Isn't it good to be king? Especially a King who's pissed and on a mission to complete the history they promised themselves in Atlanta circa 2012.