• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Simple poll to test the NET temps...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Hey Todd. I voted sometime after the 1st game.
Kam is a proud man. I think the the team keeps their ground, but might move some of next years money into a guarantee.
Once Kam misses a game check, the pressure increases dramatically.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
A couple of questions before I can take a guess:

Are there any penalties for missing a preseason game? I can only find penalties for regular season games.

If they end up fining Kam, would that money count against the cap? So far they can fine him up to 500k, would that mean an extra 500k cap frees up for the seahawks?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I for one, dont mind him staying out.
He seems to be prone to injuries(minor) and the fresher he is for the season, the better.
I doubt he needs training camp to be ready for the season so..again, the fresher he is.. the better.

I guess we all do realize in the last several years, our players have probably played more games than anyone and for that, the rest period between seasons has been te shortest.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":1wsg83a9 said:

Are there any penalties for missing a preseason game? I can only find penalties for regular season games.

If they end up fining Kam, would that money count against the cap? So far f can fine him up to 500k, would that mean an extra 500k cap freqes up for the seahawks?
He'd miss an actual game check and no, the fines don't affect the current cap. Usually the fines are rescinded when they report as a face saver for both sides anyway.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It would be weird timing if Kam gives up a game check on Friday only to come in and report immediately afterwards. Not because the Seahawks couldn't compensate him for that in a deal, but because it seems like the leverage around that would benefit the team.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think he watches two preseason games and the pressure to report will be too great for him. It is one thing to make a statement, but another to allow another player the chance to prove he can do the job to the teams satisfaction. There is no win in this holdout for him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
We need him out there NOW. He's a team leader and a great teacher for some of the young guys. I truly believe we would be a better team today, and the struggles we have had with finding backup safeties would not be as great, if Kam were on the field. This was a huge mistake by him, and every day he misses is hurting the team.

He agreed to this massive deal just two years ago. His agent called it a true blessing. He has already been paid $10 million from that deal in the last year. He is set to make another $4.6 million this year. That's just behind the $5.5 million that Earl Thomas is making this year. Kam is among the Top 3 highest paid strong safeties. He needs to drop the nonsense and get back to the team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1nuf1qm4 said:
He'll be like Walter and say..."preseason, I don't need no stinking preseason".
Yep.... I don't doubt that he's decided that if he's going to hit someone, it's going to be during a regular Season game, when stuff gets real.
I don't think he's willing to take chances on maybe getting hurt over a ' nothing to gain, and too much to lose, pre-Season game.

two dog

Reaction score
I think that after about the third preseason game management will do something
cosmetic to his contract so that Kam doesn't lose face and they don't set a precedent
that would have guys lining up down the hallway.

Probably something on the order of marshawn's revision. Move some money forward
or rejigger some to be guaranteed. Can't be too large of an adjustment without
triggering salary anarchy among some players who already feel under appreciated.
When you become a championship team, lots of contributors seem to feel underpaid.

Of course Kam can simply sit out the season where his earnings go to minus 4.8 Mil.
I just don't see where he has any part of the Seahawks over a barrel.
His lever on this one is more like a little pry bar. I think he's getting questionable advice.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":dfu4cwfr said:
seahawksTopGear":dfu4cwfr said:

If they end up fining Kam, would that money count against the cap? So far f can fine him up to 500k, would that mean an extra 500k cap freqes up for the seahawks?
He'd miss an actual game check and no, the fines don't affect the current cap. Usually the fines are rescinded when they report as a face saver for both sides anyway.

Thanks, if the fines do not count against the cap they are not real. My vote goes to third preseason game where Kam can reunite with Earl. They wil make each other look good.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think there have been a few players come back after lengthy holdouts only to get injured from the lack of work. When holdouts were more common it seems like this was a thing.

Kam seems like the strong silent type. I could see this going into the regular season.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I don't have a good feeling about this, must be my inner Blitzer88. On a practical basis it doesn't make sense. He's signed. Making changes to that contract is a big negative for the Hawks. Kam knows this, so in my mind this hold out doesn't make sense.

He's either doing this to make a statement about future contract negotiations, or because he's hurt and still recovering or he's just nuts.

AVL

Reaction score
Has anyone asked him how many fingers he has?

drdiags

Reaction score
At this point he may as well go all in. His agent has to know that the Seahawks cannot re-do his contract with 3 seasons left. Seems he and his agent have to be pushing for a trade with the hope of tearing up the old contract. That seems just as far-fetched.

I am usually wrong with these type of things, so most likely he probably is in camp as I type but this hold-out scenario supposedly was made damn near impossible with the new CBA because of language changes (I thought). Would really like to know what the strategy planning was for Kam and his agent on this situation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I thought he'd already be in camp. He made his point, so now report.

But what scares me is how Pete is answering questions about Kam. Pete is NEVER negative, always upbeat........but the last couple press conferences he's been alarmingly negative to the point of sounding annoyed when asked about Kam.

This tells me all is not well on the Kam front, and this could get ugly.