Mebane

SeaChase

Reaction score
May be giggling with another team soon then...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Damn I really wanted to see Bane AND Hill in there healthy playing together.........

after cutting tony McD if we cut bane were gonna be thinnnnn at DT

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Blitzer88":17vwxe2b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kjrmitch/status/631125006383120384[/tweet]
Good for him. He deserves every penny of that contract. He wouldn't spend more than 24 hours as a free agent if he gets cut. Hawks need him more than he needs the Hawks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":117qjhkq said:
Blitzer88":117qjhkq said:
Good for him. He deserves every penny of that contract. He wouldn't spend more than 24 hours as a free agent if he gets cut. Hawks need him more than he needs the Hawks.

No doubt about it. He was better than ever last year, and he plays a position that isn't a stranger to longevity.

rideaducati

Reaction score
nanomoz":1md5oaxj said:
HAWKAMANIA":1md5oaxj said:
Blitzer88":1md5oaxj said:

No doubt about it. He was better than ever last year, and he plays a position that isn't a stranger to longevity.

The best ability for a player is AVAILability and Mebane wasn't available for a lot of last season. I think he was better in 2013 because he was on the field for the entire season.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Good for him for standing firm. He has a strong understanding of what his value is, and he is absolutely worth his contract.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand why Mebane is a target, but he is also a good value right where he's at. I really, really, really don't want to see him cut. I'd rather see us trade Kearse if we really need a few million...and I don't really like that option, either.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Right before 'Bane was hurt, I heard and interview with ET. He thought Mebane was the heart of our defense. Sure hope they don't cut him!

rideaducati

Reaction score
MysterMatt":37rju9e7 said:
Yeah, I understand why Mebane is a target, but he is also a good value right where he's at. I really, really, really don't want to see him cut. I'd rather see us trade Kearse if we really need a few million...and I don't really like that option, either.

Trade Kearse? Besides the niners, who trades for a third or fourth WR at this time of year?

netskier

Reaction score
Would someone please state in text what the original post says. It is displaying as blank in Tapatalk on my phone. Thanks.

grizbob

Reaction score
netskier":10j6oijm said:
Would someone please state in text what the original post says. It is displaying as blank in Tapatalk on my phone. Thanks.

Brandon Mebane was giggly. Funny. Said team asked him to take a pay cut. "You know I didn't take no pay cut!!!!:

and that was from mitch levy's twitter account

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Not one person should say anything bad about Mebane . He is a seahawks lifer and even though the end might be near for him in Seattle , he'll play another 4-5 seasons

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't think Schneider's heart was in it, asking Bane to take a pay cut. Just my gut feeling. Just John doing due diligence and I bet he might have even been relieved with Brandon said no.

Mebane being giggly is what gives me the feeling that there is nothing to worry about.

mikeak

Reaction score
Going to be a fine line to walk for Schneider

"We cut Mebane because he didn't want to take a pay-cut"

"No we won't pay Kam more money as a principle he is under contract so we don't negotiate that"

Negotiating down is really no different than Kam trying to negotiate up. Cutting is really the player equivalent of sitting out........

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":1ma7agzr said:
Going to be a fine line to walk for Schneider

"We cut Mebane because he didn't want to take a pay-cut"

"No we won't pay Kam more money as a principle he is under contract so we don't negotiate that"

Negotiating down is really no different than Kam trying to negotiate up. Cutting is really the player equivalent of sitting out........

If Mebane were to take a pay cut, who gets that money? Kam?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
LymonHawk":z40fhpu7 said:
Right before 'Bane was hurt, I heard and interview with ET. He thought Mebane was the heart of our defense. Sure hope they don't cut him!
Not just ET. I've heard that Bennett and Wagner have made similar statements too.

massari

Reaction score
So they chose to pay Cary Williams rather than Mebane. :?

I don't understand how Williams got such a big contact.