NFL.com Power Rankings: Seahawks are #1 (UPDATED 9/8)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Jimmy Graham trade?, shows a major flaw in his power of reasoning.
Like I said before, Some of these jokers gotta be believing that the Seahawks are just treading water, while the Packers are growing by leaps and bounds.
I'm not detracting from what Rodgers has going for him, BUT, you have to temper that enthusiasm with some reality, and that is, Rodgers is going to need his Receivers to ALSO step it up on their end of the passing game.
Some of these guys are smoking buffalo dung if they think that he's going to suddenly rise up and smoke the Seahawks Defensive Secondary.
Three of those top guns have yet another Year of continuity and collective instincts that have no rival in the NFL right now.
Chancellor will be ready and able to light up the opposition come the regular season opener, so I don't know what this yahoo is talking about.
Competition gets tougher, and the Seahawks Defense steps it up to not only match, they take it to a whole another level.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah I think there is a little "Seattle fatigue" going on with these national clowns.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I keep seeing people pick the Packers because they're bringing back all their players. Aren't these same players that couldn't get it done last year?

I don't have a problem with people picking GB but having 'all their players are returning' could make them better but it could also make them the same.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I get the "average line" remark but that line got us to the Super Bowl two years running. Before anyone says it was inspite of the OL we got there should remember that both years were with mostly banged up young guys that held up enough to let the offense get it done. I predict that OL play this year will be much inline with the rest of the team.

This article is based on very shallow reasoning. Not a solid fact that actually says here is why!

Laloosh

Reaction score
If I ever find value in the opinion(s) of Elliot Harrison, please kick me in the nuts.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1p5fhazq said:
Yeah I think there is a little "Seattle fatigue" going on with these national clowns.
Funny, I don't see any Packer fatigue.

october12thMAN

Reaction score
Nashville via Arlington High school, Arlington, WA
Sports Hernia":uciy6aj3 said:

I am getting sick and tired of hearing all of these media idiots talk about the Packers and how they are the favorites. NO ONE seems to mention game 1 last year with everyone healthy, what we did to them. Also, in the NFCCG, Greenbay kicked our ass for 55 minutes, really? Look at the final stat lines and tell me who kicked who's ass for that game! If Seattle had not created their own mistakes, Greenbay sure as hell didn't create our mistakes, that game would have been a blowout! We out scored them 22-6 in the 2nd half and overtime. But no one wants to mention that. Just how "The great Aaron Rogers" will be healthy and looking for that SB ring! My Ass!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, let em talk. They want the Hawks to fail, which just isn't gonna' happen. And Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback, doesn't matter how much they drool, Hawks are the better team.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It gets boring when everyone only puts the Hawks at 1. Being a bit underrated and proving everyone wrong is our trademark anyway.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The important thing is, Seattle continues to be one of the elites, and looks to be able to sustain that for some time. Enjoying the heck out of it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
After reading the entire list I have a feeling it was put together semi-randomly as there is very little logical argumentation going on.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I get being a little skeptical of Grahams blocking but people are going way too far with it. He just wasn't asked to block. It's not like he got mauled repeatedly it just wasn't a big part of their offense. He's 6'7 270 pounds, he will be an adequate blocker at worst.

I don't have a huge problem with it and if Seattle slips in a little bit because of injuries or a bad game it will probably be GB who would be in a position to capitalize.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I agree with the ranking. I think Green Bay is the favorite in the NFC considering they had the equivalent of a boxer having the first 11 rounds won then catching an unfortunate KO at the end.

I laughed at this hot take though..
I'm not detracting from what Rodgers has going for him, BUT, you have to temper that enthusiasm with some reality, and that is, Rodgers is going to need his Receivers to ALSO step it up on their end of the passing game.

Since.. you know.. Rodgers has only thrown for over 4000 yards every year he's been healthy and started all 16. The Packers chemistry is never a question. How smoothly Graham translates into this offense with Wilson and the run game IS a question however.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
october12thMAN":2h98f9x0 said:
Sports Hernia":2h98f9x0 said:

I am getting sick and tired of hearing all of these media idiots talk about the Packers and how they are the favorites. NO ONE seems to mention game 1 last year with everyone healthy, what we did to them. Also, in the NFCCG, Greenbay kicked our ass for 55 minutes, really? Look at the final stat lines and tell me who kicked who's ass for that game! If Seattle had not created their own mistakes, Greenbay sure as hell didn't create our mistakes, that game would have been a blowout! We out scored them 22-6 in the 2nd half and overtime. But no one wants to mention that. Just how "The great Aaron Rogers" will be healthy and looking for that SB ring! My Ass!

If you cannot admit they were kicking our ass for 55 minutes then had a combination of vanilla play calling and sheer luck bite them in their ass to let us back in the game.. then you are a blind homer and nothing more.

It's entirely OKAY to admit the Seahawks had a ton of luck fall their way that afternoon. And if you don't believe the Packers with a healthy Rodgers are a scary opponent for anyone, especially if the playoff matchup is in January at Lambeau.. again.. you are a blind homer and nothing more.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would say the Packers had a ton of luck fall their way for 55 minutes and couldn't put it away. The Seahawks had luck fall their way for 5 minutes and blasted them.

I would respect the opinion of the person making the list a lot more if he simply said, "I see homefield advantage coming down to the Week 2 game and that is in Green Bay so I give them the edge."

gowazzu02

Reaction score
How can you not like the Graham trade? A center who missed a ton of time last year for the second best TE in the game?

And im so tired of the blocking argument, he's a big strong guy, will he ever be Zack Miller blocking? No, but Miller was one of the best in the league at it.

You know how Jimmy helps the running game most? By being out there.... Go ahead and put 8-9 guys in the box, RW audibles to the 1-1 matchup where a lb is trying to cover Graham........ By him simply being out there forcing the d to be honest, helps lynch and the rush game a ton.