Bruce Irvin injury?

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I was perusing ESPN and came across this in the camp preview
Coach Pete Carroll's post-practice media availability should provide an indication as to who will start at center, left guard and strong safety against the Broncos. Also of interest will be any update on linebacker Bruce Irvin, who left Wednesday's practice with an apparent leg injury.

Anybody know anything about this?

Source. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13427026/all-eyes-patriots-qb-jimmy-garoppolo

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wouldn't get too concerned. It might be that he just wants a little time off from the rigors of training camp. Remember how many trips to the training room DJack used to make during TC?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Big difference between an injury and just being a little sore or nicked up. Hopefully it is the latter.

Richard Sherman, Will Blackmon, and Kevin Pierre-Louis also didn't practice.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If it were serious we would have heard about it.

I'm assuming it's not.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The first thing I'd want to know is where on his leg he was icing. If it was serious and his knee he probably wouldn't just be sitting around icing, so basically, unless it's his hamstring (which can linger) I don't think it means much of anything, and even if it is his hamstring it could also not mean anything.

hawk45

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":nq3pvwef said:
Popeyejones":nq3pvwef said:
The first thing I'd want to know is where on his leg he was icing. If it was serious and his knee he probably wouldn't just be sitting around icing, so basically, unless it's his hamstring (which can linger) I don't think it means much of anything, and even if it is his hamstring it could also not mean anything.

You're basically a Seahawks fan at this point, huh?

I'm not .NET royalty so I submit this with humility, but I don't understand this reaction to a post that was a pretty good contribution to the thread from a poster who contributes quite a lot on the threads I read him on and is one of the more clearheaded posters (certainly more than myself, which isn't a high bar to clear, I grant).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I read that as a playful post to one of the better resident niner fans that contribute here. Nothing more.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
No offense taken, but thanks for the kind words Hawk45. :D

I'm a "Hawks fan" insofar as I'm more generally a big fan of the brand of football they play, I think their strategy at the GM level is objectively interesting and fun to keep track of, they've got some players whose development is interesting to watch (E.G. Wilson), and simply as a fan of the game they've got a few players that are just a joy to watch play the sport (e.g. Lynch, Sherman, and Bennett; sometimes Thomas and sometimes Wagner too).

All that said, if they totally imploded and went 0-16 from here to eternity I wouldn't much care either. ;)

TL;DR: I'm a Hawks fan insofar as I'm a football fan and any football fan should enjoy watching the Hawks these days, but at the end of the day I have always and will always be a 9er fan (e.g. the 9ers could go 0-16 from here to eternity and I'd still be waching all their games, wearing their apparel, etc.)

hawk45

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ptlqu59 said:
hawk45":2ptlqu59 said:
peachesenregalia":2ptlqu59 said:
Popeyejones":2ptlqu59 said:

You're basically a Seahawks fan at this point, huh?

I'm not .NET royalty so I submit this with humility, but I don't understand this reaction to a post that was a pretty good contribution to the thread from a poster who contributes quite a lot on the threads I read him on and is one of the more clearheaded posters (certainly more than myself, which isn't a high bar to clear, I grant).

Just having a laugh with Popeye. I enjoy having him on the boards. just like RiggoForver and AssylumGuido. It's nice to have level-headed opposing team fans come here and give an outsider's perspective on the Seahawks.

Ah, yeah thought it might just be friendly joshing that went over my head, sorry I drew the wrong conclusion.

I like the oppo fans too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawk45":p8gjjla9 said:
It's Peaches. If he's breathin', he's trollin'.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Irvin traded before the beginning of the season. He's a FA at the end of the year and it's highly unlikely that we are going to bring him back. There was a rumor that he was one of the guys that was very upset at Harvin being traded and he threw a big temper tantrum when he found out we weren't picking up his option so he can't be on great terms with the FO. We have a lot of depth along the DL, we could use the extra draft choice(s) or maybe an OL prospect, so why not?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":1p2w5vm7 said:
You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Irvin traded before the beginning of the season. He's a FA at the end of the year and it's highly unlikely that we are going to bring him back. There was a rumor that he was one of the guys that was very upset at Harvin being traded and he threw a big temper tantrum when he found out we weren't picking up his option so he can't be on great terms with the FO. We have a lot of depth along the DL, we could use the extra draft choice(s) or maybe an OL prospect, so why not?

Agreed. I'm all for the team's Attitude. But I can pass on Bruces.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":1pd64hjj said:

Why trade a guy for a 3rd or 4th round pick at best when he's playing for a new contract?

Maybe if we stunk you'd start thinking about something like this, but not if you're playing for a SB and have a good player playing on the last year of his deal trying to score a big contract.

Ride that player until the wheels fall off.

netskier

Reaction score
Exactly. Let him provide depth for us this year to won the Superbowl. THEN, evaluate what to do next.

iigakusei

Reaction score
You have to remember too that if he signs a large deal somewhere else in the offseason you would probably be looking at a 4th round comp pick anyway.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't want to trade Bruce. I have no faith that KPL can stay healthy at this point. He's out again.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
King Dog":1ixarvrt said:
I don't want to trade Bruce. I have no faith that KPL can stay healthy at this point. He's out again.

KPL hurting another shoulder is some of the worst news I have heard this off-season. It sounded like he was balling out. Hopefully he bounces back from it and has a healthy career. We need him to continue to develop this year and to be fully healthy next year when we will likely need him to start.