Who will you be watching preseason game #1

LolaRox

Reaction score
As the Seahawks get ready for their first preseason game I'd like to know what 1 or 2 guys you'll be watching tomorrow.

I am really excited to see all the new/young players make the most of their opportunities, but I will be watching Dion Bailey and Steven Terrell. The play at the safety position (and entire secondary) has piqued my interest more than usual with Kam and Earl not there.

I will also rooting for Jesse!!

Who will you be watching?

grizbob

Reaction score
LolaRox":2qo380uc said:
As the Seahawks get ready for their first preseason game I'd like to know what 1 or 2 guys you'll be watching tomorrow.

I am really excited to see all the new/young players make the most of their opportunities, but I will be watching Dion Bailey and Steven Terrell. The play at the safety position (and entire secondary) has piqued my interest more than usual with Kam and Earl not there.

I will also rooting for Jesse!!

Who will you be watching?

O line and SS :3:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Safety position is probably my top one right now. I'm more interested in Earl's position, as he could get injured again. Kam will play in the regular season, but it's still interesting to watch the depth.

Mathews. Can he get consistent ?

Clark. How does he look against a Varsity offensive line ?

Lockett. Routes and returns. Looking for separation and explosion.

I'd say Graham but I doubt we see a lot of him. Kinda like to see him throw a block.

Michael. Can he hold off Rawls and Smith ?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want to see at least two passes thrown to Graham

2 Deep passes to Matthews to see if he can win the jump ball again

2 quick passes and/or 3rd down conversions to T. Lockett

1 nice punt return from Lockett making us feel like Tate is back there again

2 sacks or good pressures from Marsh and Clark

KPL showing he can cover the field and is not only quick but that his instincts have gotten better

Also expect to see CMike show he is the best 3rd string RB in the NFL.

And Carry Williams holding his own against D Thomas and Sanders.

kearly

Reaction score
Great topic. Here is what I am keying on.

#1. Tyler Lockett. If this guy's ability translates to the NFL, he could transform our offense in a way that would resemble what TY Hilton or Antonio Brown have done for theirs. Not to say that Lockett will have that kind of production, but his potential for impact could be in that type of category. Or, he could be on the Deion Butler side of the spectrum and be irrelevant. I think we'll have a better idea of which he'll be after a few preseason games. If there is a 2012 Russell Wilson preseason story to have this year, it's for Lockett.

#2. Jimmy Graham. The Jimmy Graham we all think of wearing black and gold is not the player we'll see in Seattle. It will be something new and probably diminished, like when (as a random example) Mike Wallace went to the Dolphins. I have little doubt that we'll see Graham run block plenty, and that's fine so long as he's rarely asked to pass block. QB Chemistry is also something to watch for as a bonus.

#3. Frank Clark. Is the TC hype real or is it just talk? Clark has serious talent, but still has to jump a few more hurdles.

#4. OL battles. The Seahawks are banking on having guys step up more than ever at OL.

#5. DBs struggling? Haven't been hearing the most glowing reviews of our backup DBs in TC. But sometimes TC reports can be grossly exaggerated. Game situations should give us a more solidified understanding.

#6. RB competition. This one is important, but kind of feels set in stone to me. I really doubt Michael could do anything to unseat Turbin as a #2 RB, and I would be stunned if Michael didn't make the 53 man. Really only question is if team keeps a 4th RB in Rawls. Seems doubtful to me.

#7: Chris Matthews. Pete says he's going to try to feed the ball to Matthews. That should be interesting. But like all the other tall WRs du jour Seattle brings in on the cheap, Matthews has consistency issues. So at least for me, expectations are low, even if the potential is high.

#8: Marsh at LEO. I've long thought that Marsh is a LB. Last preseason I was totally perplexed that the team was playing him at DT when he had the obvious build and athletic skillset of a LB. It would be nice to be surprised when he takes some reps on LEO, though.

#9: Will Seattle have a 'rhythm' passing game without Richardson? The quick hit passing game basically fell apart after Richardson was injured last year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's going to be tricky to get a feel for our secondary considering that the Broncos QBs are Peyton Manning and Brock Lobster. If Peyton drives the ball down then it's not a reason to freak out and I fully expect Brock to struggle regardless of our secondary play.

wenhawk":2mbxqn0v said:
1 nice punt return from Lockett making us feel like Tate is back there again
This is probably the top one for me with the emphasis on a comfortable looking catch.

kearly":2mbxqn0v said:
#6. RB competition. This one is important, but kind of feels set in stone to me. I really doubt Michael could do anything to unseat Turbin as a #2 RB, and I would be stunned if Michael didn't make the 53 man. Really only question is if team keeps a 4th RB in Rawls. Seems doubtful to me.
Agree if the RBs perform like we expect them to. The interesting part of this competition is they might not and CMike's fortunes could rise or fall significantly if the unexpected does happen.

hawk45

Reaction score
Kearly owns the thread with a typical thoughtful post I re-read 5 times to get my fix.

Lockett was my very first thought as well. The question as Kearly points out is, can he break ankles in the NFL or will the suspicion about him having difficulty disengaging from an NFL caliber press prove founded.

Graham is a game changer, but if Lockett can find a way to beat the press and thus deliver on his promising college career of gaining separation, I can see that being the straw that breaks the opposing defense's backs with Graham out there drawing so much attention. If he gets matched up on the #2 or nickel corner and beats the press and gets off the LOS relatively cleanly, he will find a lot of balls coming his way from our risk-averse QB if said QB starts gaining confidence that he has an receiver out there who can get open by a few steps.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Blitz and Boom. I really want to see this people go crazy about the stupid mascot again.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
For those that mentioned Peyton/our secondary, they have been reporting that Peyton wont play a snap.

/shrugs

AgentDib

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":18qn0hh8 said:
Blitz and Boom. I really want to see this people go crazy about the stupid mascot again.
So at training camp on Saturday the kid mascot (Boom) was walking past me, and a lady tried to flag him down for a picture calling out "Blitz! Blitz!" He finally figured out she was talking to him and then posed for a picture with her. End of anecdote.

OP
OP
LolaRox

LolaRox

Reaction score
kearly":20m24md2 said:
Great topic. Here is what I am keying on.

#1. Tyler Lockett. If this guy's ability translates to the NFL, he could transform our offense in a way that would resemble what TY Hilton or Antonio Brown have done for theirs. Not to say that Lockett will have that kind of production, but his potential for impact could be in that type of category. Or, he could be on the Deion Butler side of the spectrum and be irrelevant. I think we'll have a better idea of which he'll be after a few preseason games. If there is a 2012 Russell Wilson preseason story to have this year, it's for Lockett.

I will be watching Tyler as well. I think he is the one rookie that has the potential for the greatest and most immediate impact on the team. His coaches and teammates seem to think highly of his abilities and I'm excited to see what he can do at this level.

If he can make any measurable improvement over last year's return game I'll take it.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would like to see how the RB comp works as well, but I think with all the line tinkering that is going to happen it will harder for us to see it game day.

Mick063

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how physical the young offensive lineman are. Especially interested in the young center.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
Will be my first game going to, can't wait. I'm hoping to see Chris Matthews get some time, as I'm extremely excited with the possibilities there...