Kearly's Random Thoughts

HawkGA

Reaction score
Better make a comeback or I'm going to do some serious virtual arse kicking.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'd suggest you Pm him.

Kip used to put a ton of work into his post and as Scotte pointed out......

Well the fact of the matter is I don't blame the man for backing off.

From my observations Kip was more than willing to discus his opinions and even intelligently debate them but when you have to defend yourself week after week from trolls or people that just want to argue, it gets old.

I would hope that if Kip does start to post again, that people will show a little more respect that what has been shown in the past.

FWIW, this is my personal opinion and not from the standpoint of a Staff member.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just for the record, it was those trolls to whom I was referring with the arse kicking.

Laloosh

Reaction score
pmedic920":suoijykc said:
I'd suggest you Pm him.

Kip used to put a ton of work into his post and as Scotte pointed out......

Well the fact of the matter is I don't blame the man for backing off.

From my observations Kip was more than willing to discus his opinions and even intelligently debate them but when you have to defend yourself week after week from trolls or people that just want to argue, it gets old.

I would hope that if Kip does start to post again, that people will show a little more respect that what has been shown in the past.

FWIW, this is my personal opinion and not from the standpoint of a Staff member.

Most of us get it, Pmedic but there are always going to be people who will troll or argue just for the sake of doing it. Unfortunately I feel like it would come down to Kip enduring the foolishness to the benefit of those of us who enjoy his posts, which is a lot to ask of him. So I agree that it's understandable why he'd stop with the posts. I just wish it weren't the case :(

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The guy put a tremendous amount of work into his stuff.

Really REALLY disappointed it is gone. Was honestly one of the highlights of revisiting a win the day after.

I get that some people were frustrated and felt that it was attention getting behavior. Those people were d*cks.

And I get that not 100% of the observations were nail on correct 100% of the time. Nobody does that even for paid content.

It was still tremendous stuff. I would say the guy should do a blog, or write for FG but it was born here so it would have been nice to keep it here.

If nothing else I wish there was a way to subscribe to it by PM, so at least those of us that enjoy the service could have it.

Then again, it was a lot of work and maybe Kearly just didn't feel like the commitment reward was worth the cost in time/effort.

Dang it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We have a few too many people who think they can establish their chops by taking Kearly down. Which is weird, because I have known the guy long enough to know he didn't do his RT threads to feed his ego.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Laloosh":14dytlhz said:
I just wish it weren't the case :(

Me too, it's a topic that's weighed heavy on me for a while.

Kip, his insights and style of posts is exactly what I'd love to see us have more of around here.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I have noticed people on this site tend to be the most emotional during and right after games, especially losses. It requires very thick skin to allow people to challenge your views when they are at that emotional peak.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Here's a thought. Lock the Random Thoughts thread, then if folks want to discuss it, do it on a separate thread that Kip is banned from, that way we can sort out the jerks there and he doesn't have to deal with the bs for all his hard work!

Rocket

Reaction score
What say we lock 'em...

hey, I just saw that a wise Rose City dude had the same suggestion !!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
I would call the internet impossible to police out trolling. Especially sports. I was actually surprised. I would say 90% of the time the comments were pretty typical good natured .Net. Would be awesome getting those contributions back. I enjoyed the discourse that would come from it.

Like R-Dub says. "Ignore the noise."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Kearly's random thoughts was the first think I would look for on Monday mornings.

A

Anonymous

Here it is:

Kearly's Random Thoughts are simply his observations of the completed action, spoken from the sole angle of providing detailed afterthoughts. His observations are a summary of past events for those of us who may not have seen or registered them ourselves. A gift, if you will, from someone who not only has a keen eye for detail, but a tremendous amount of football recall.

We are not talking about a belching drunk spouting sideways opinions, we are talking about a human DVR, simply bullet-pointing what actually occurred on the football field, wrapping it in the perfect amount detail required to understand it, and sprinkling it over us like a handful of the digital confetti of truth. Free of charge.

It is the blue pill. It is that which serves only to remove that splinter from your mind.

Cartire

Reaction score
Rose City Hawk":2dcwkayn said:
Here's a thought. Lock the Random Thoughts thread, then if folks want to discuss it, do it on a separate thread that Kip is banned from, that way we can sort out the jerks there and he doesn't have to deal with the bs for all his hard work!

What you are referring to is Seahawks.net creating features for their site. Articles created by talented, smart people, analyzing the sport of football. And of course, those articles should not include a comment system. If people want to discuss an article, they do so in a specialized FORUM.

I would love for this to happen. .net tries some content creation. The site has got enough traffic to test the waters.

Sac

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1vw9s43b said:
Here it is:

Kearly's Random Thoughts are simply his observations of the completed action, spoken from the sole angle of providing detailed afterthoughts. His observations are a summary of past events for those of us who may not have seen or registered them ourselves. A gift, if you will, from someone who not only has a keen eye for detail, but a tremendous amount of football recall.

We are not talking about a belching drunk spouting sideways opinions, we are talking about a human DVR, simply bullet-pointing what actually occurred on the football field, wrapping it in the perfect amount detail required to understand it, and sprinkling it over us like a handful of the digital confetti of truth. Free of charge.

It is the blue pill. It is that which serves only to remove that splinter from your mind.

Sounds about right.

Although I'd have gone with "digital truth confetti" over "digital confetti of truth".

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":27234pz0 said:
Rose City Hawk":27234pz0 said:

What you are referring to is Seahawks.net creating features for their site. Articles created by talented, smart people, analyzing the sport of football. And of course, those articles should not include a comment system. If people want to discuss an article, they do so in a specialized FORUM.

I would love for this to happen. .net tries some content creation. The site has got enough traffic to test the waters.

This wouldn't suck in the slightest.

Veilside

Reaction score
I didn't have a ton of time to look at the site so I always looked for Kearly's posts first because those seemed to have the best info. The "Random Thoughts" were must reads and let me know a little more about the players that I can't focus on during the game (especially the O-Line). Now I'm just expecting this season I'm gonna be more in the dark about the players which sucks.

The other thing about the site I used to love is (can't remember who's) pregame breakdown of the teams. I loved the formatting of those and didn't miss one all season as it helped me with what to expect in the next game.

Now both are gone. We need more knowledgeable people to step up and make great content for this site again.