1st half analysis Denver game

RW92

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings here. Yes Tyler Lockett is going to be a hit. I liked what I saw of Frank Clark with the 1st team, and yes they did miss Kam. Obvious to see.

But what is staring us in the face right now is the run blocking and pass blocking schemes of the offense. Simply terrible.

Pete better fix this or Russell will get hit and hurt come September. I know it's only the 1st pre-season game, but I have concerns. The pass to Jimmy Graham did offer some promise to what the future may entail. And the young Tye Smith didn't look bad out there. I will have to watch the rest of the game tomorrow; living on the East coast isn't easy. Hopefully someone else gives me a need to praise.

Until then we work on our pass blocking and run blocking all night.

One last note. If you compare this 1st game in terms of team attack speed to the pre-season of 2014, we look a step slow. Again I know we are missing a lot of important personal; (Sherman, Thomas, Lane, and of course Bam Bam).

Last I looked though is that they don't block.

See ya next week.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our offensive line is the worst performance by a Seahawk OL that I have ever seen in all my years of being a Seahawk fan.

Our defensive line looks pretty average, so that looks to be a step back but maybe the utter lack of functional secondary is the issue.

I don't think you can put this all in the lap of being the 1st preseason game and we will magically just get better. This is a direct result of starving the OL for talent.

kpak76

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3jd5ec8v said:
I think the Unger for Graham trade was a mistake for you guys.

Unger played in like what 5 games? It's preseason, I wouldn't read too much into it. We will be fine.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man, my dad called at halftime and went off. I'll tell you the same thing. It's practice, nothing more, nothing less. Pick a couple of young guys that may make a difference this year and just watch.

Yes, the O looks like crap, same as last year, and the year before. The D didn't look good either. It's the first preseason game by the team that has been a participate in the last 2 SB's.

Sit back end enjoy the games, nothing is guarantied and that's why we watch the games.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is one of those odd times that literally every preseason hype or story line has come true.

Lockett was hyped as the answer to our return game, and so far he looks the part.

Clark has also been a monster. He looks far better than Bennett did in his first year, and Bennett was a guy that I was bummed that we cut in the first place.

Our OL has struggled badly, both in practice and tonight. Denver had a talented and deep DL, but our OL looked absolutely terrible. I'm actually pretty worried about it, and I just have to hope Cable can turn it around. I'm also talking 1st string here, I'm not sweating all the projects we're playing in the 2nd half.

Our secondary is showing their inexperience.

The pass rush looks amazing, as advertised. I also like the depth here.

cover-2

Reaction score
I was really impressed with Garry Gilliam playing LT. I haven't heard Cable talk about Gilliam at all in interviews, but he looked like our best o-lineman out there tonight.

Barakas

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1e6euilj said:

Unger played less than half a season last year. I'll be surprised if he plays more than that in NO this year. Awesome player when in but when not....I think we'll come out better in the end for this trade.

With that said...our O-line absolutely stunk it up tonight, no question about it.

Exittium

Reaction score
How much of our true starting D played though? I don't think it was as much as everyone thinks. (I hope not because it was horrendous)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pass pro is going to be a serious issue this year. I've been uncomfortable with the sort of blasé approach we've taken to replacing Max Unger and finding an LG. It's gonna show up big time unless something miraculous happens over the next few weeks.

ctrcat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":34cmn2m3 said:
Pass pro is going to be a serious issue this year. I've been uncomfortable with the sort of blasé approach we've taken to replacing Max Unger and finding an LG. It's gonna show up big time unless something miraculous happens over the next few weeks.

I recall reading this article awhile back and was thinking the same thing. http://www.sportsoutwest.com/2015/01/13 ... -panthers/

TAB420

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1bdm7lsn said:

That's why you don't get paid to think. At least not here. It's to early to make any comparison, unless you're just trolling.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Denver's o-line has 4 new starters don't they? I think getting the ball out a little more quickly might help.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
TAB420":4nuj2x9r said:
lvnginhwktwn":4nuj2x9r said:

That's why you don't get paid to think. At least not here. It's to early to make any comparison, unless you're just trolling.

Too early. And no, not trolling, just making an observation. Try not to be too sensitive.

Seafan

Reaction score
The OL needs a lot of work.

Frank Clark should be the starting 3Tech and never leave the field.

Lockett is amazing.

Rawls looks like a runner.

Tye Smith looked good.

Jesse Williams hopefully can stay healthy.

Too bad Chris Matthews got hurt. He looks like a player.

We need to get the LOB back soon.

Fade

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":42v47v9v said:
TAB420":42v47v9v said:
lvnginhwktwn":42v47v9v said:

Too early. And no, not trolling, just making an observation. Try not to be too sensitive.

How did the Seahawks go 8-2 without Max Unger last year, but only 4-2 with him?