Christine Michael

Dabhawk

Reaction score
I truly believe he isn't making this team.

He is too raw, his blocking is horrific and the worst thing for an unestablished RB to do in this league is fumble the ball in your first game action. (Bailey got beat so bad on that play so shame on him as well)Then on top of that, he couldn't even recover the ball when he tried, he's gonna be a cut or a potential trade. The most I'd spend on him if I were a GM would prolly be a 7th round pick just to see if I could get him to snap out of it. His potential is enormous but he hasn't proved that he's capable of surviving in our backfield. I assumed our coaches drafted him to be a change of pace back that could squirt through the hole with quick feet and agility. Maybe he wasn't what they planned on having behind a beast like Mr. Lynch.

The main reason I think he won't make the team is because if he wanted to get more playing time, he would already be on most special teams plays. Our team has thrived off of huge special teams tackles and on punts and kicks, pinning the opponent within the 10 yard line, etc. (How bout that Lockett return, what a sweet play by a rook in his first game) Anyhow, would like to hear everyone's opinion after a poor outing by Michael. TBH I'm way more excited about Rawls, he's like a mini beast, love his aggressive style and playmaking ability. PLUS HE CAN BLOCK LOL :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
I saw one good pass block and a couple of decent runs. Other than that, I don't think he helped his cause much with his crappy ball security.

Rob12

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3pusb43r said:
I truly believe he isn't making this team.

He is too raw, his blocking is horrific and the worst thing for an unestablished RB to do in this league is fumble the ball in your first game action. (Bailey got beat so bad on that play so shame on him as well)Then on top of that, he couldn't even recover the ball when he tried, he's gonna be a cut or a potential trade. The most I'd spend on him if I were a GM would prolly be a 7th round pick just to see if I could get him to snap out of it. His potential is enormous but he hasn't proved that he's capable of surviving in our backfield. I assumed our coaches drafted him to be a change of pace back that could squirt through the hole with quick feet and agility. Maybe he wasn't what they planned on having behind a beast like Mr. Lynch.

The main reason I think he won't make the team is because if he wanted to get more playing time, he would already be on most special teams plays. Our team has thrived off of huge special teams tackles and on punts and kicks, pinning the opponent within the 10 yard line, etc. (How bout that Lockett return, what a sweet play by a rook in his first game) Anyhow, would like to hear everyone's opinion after a poor outing by Michael. TBH I'm way more excited about Rawls, he's like a mini beast, love his aggressive style and playmaking ability. PLUS HE CAN BLOCK LOL :th2thumbs:

I mean, I don't know. I'm willing to give him the next three preseason games to prove he belongs but I don't think he'll seize the opportunity. This is his time to shine with Lynch doing his usual preseason rest thing, and Michael got an F on day one.

I'd feel more than comfortable going with Beast, Turbo, and Rawls or Smith. Ship him to an AFC team and get a late round pick for him. Use his roster spot on a guy like Kasen Williams (or whoever else might impress) who battles day in and day out and will make this team better.

Time has to be running short for this kid. It was a bad pick. It happens... And it doesn't matter. If it comes to it, cut your losses PCJS and move forward.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We need to ship him off and get as much as we can for him now...That wouldn't be much at the moment, but something is better than nothing and if he keeps fumbling throughout the preseason, nothing will be right around the corner.

If you can't hold on to the ball and you are still trying to learn consistency, blocking and doing the little things in year three? Hmmm. Cut your loses. He strikes me as someone who thought he could make it on athletic ability alone. Doesn't work that way in the NFL.

He still has some upside (young, athletic, quick, powerful) which could potentially garner a conditional 5th round pick or so, but the more he shows he really hasn't changed much in his NFL career, the less chance we get a decent pick for him in a trade.

Turbin doesn't rock my world either (I'm spoiled with Lynch but aren't we all?) but at least he shows an overall better consistency in his game.

Rob12

Reaction score
Aros":7hdroui4 said:
We need to ship him off and get as much as we can for him now...That wouldn't be much at the moment, but something is better than nothing and if he keeps fumbling throughout the preseason, nothing will be right around the corner.

If you can't hold on to the ball and you are still trying to learn consistency, blocking and doing the little things in year three? Hmmm. Cut your loses. He strikes me as someone who thought he could make it on athletic ability alone. Doesn't work that way in the NFL.

He still has some upside (young, athletic, quick, powerful) which could potentially garner a conditional 5th round pick or so, but the more he shows he really hasn't changed much in his NFL career, the less chance we get a decent pick for him in a trade.

Turbin doesn't rock my world either (I'm spoiled with Lynch but aren't we all?) but at least he shows an overall better consistency in his game.

Turbin is a much better NFL back than Michael. The drop off from second to third string is lengthy.

You can't carelessly drop the pigskin on a Pete Carroll team - especially when all eyes are on you to show you belong.

He'll be traded or cut by the time the season rolls around. I think Carroll's earlier remarks on Rawls was the writing on the wall.

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":17ubznya said:

This best words it for me. The kid's had how long now to improve on stuff that there's been little or almost seemingly no improvement on?

Rob12

Reaction score
Exittium":19r3f4wb said:
Aros":19r3f4wb said:

This best words it for me. The kid's had how long now to improve on stuff that there's been little or almost seemingly no improvement on?

Going on year three now... A second round pick, and a running back at that, who has not seen the field for more than 30 snaps in his career. Whether the Seahawks employ Beast or not, that's a problem.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Lord, please let us find Marshawn Lynch Part II in the 2016 NFL draft. Amen.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I may be happy with Lynch, Rawls and Smith.

Turbin does nothing for me too.

Exittium

Reaction score
Smellyman":2jpwx9cc said:
I may be happy with Lynch, Rawls and Smith.

Turbin does nothing for me too.

Turbo has those monstrous biceps... I'm afraid he'll flex while running and pop the ball out of his arms like a bar of soap :sarcasm_on:

two dog

Reaction score
I know it was against Denver's kiddies but Rod Smith showed he can at least
catch the ball and make some moves that look like a football player.

He's a big back in the Sherman Smith mold and those aren't in fashion anymore.
Still, he looked like a player to me.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I hate to admit it but at this point I would say Michael is probably on the way out. The guy is explosive but he literally drops the ball when he is in the spotlight. Rawls definitely outplayed him but lets cut out the crap saying Smith will be replacing Turbin, that just isn't happening. He looked so good but his numbers were so inflated by the situation. The only competition is between Michael and Rawls. There are 4 games to make the decision and right now it is Rawls 1, Michael 0.......3 games to go!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Why was his pass blocking terrible? Because the forum keeps saying it? I saw him step up nicely and keep Wilson from a collapsed pocket personally.

White Devil

Reaction score
Agree with the majority here...Michael is NOT gonna make this team. We need to see Rawls playing earlier in the next game against some of the better defenders, but has shown he's already at least the same level as Michael just lacks experience.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
peppersjap":1pz6czoe said:
I hate to admit it but at this point I would say Michael is probably on the way out. The guy is explosive but he literally drops the ball when he is in the spotlight. Rawls definitely outplayed him but lets cut out the crap saying Smith will be replacing Turbin, that just isn't happening. He looked so good but his numbers were so inflated by the situation. The only competition is between Michael and Rawls. There are 4 games to make the decision and right now it is Rawls 1, Michael 0.......3 games to go!

This. Beast and Turbo are our backs, Chris is fighting with Rawls for his roster spot.

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Let me just go to say that the few decent blocks Michael had were legit, but that was the first time I've seen him go all out like that. I will say I was surprised but at the same time, he's a third year back, and should be more than mediocre at protecting the QB. I think that's honestly been his downfall all along, especially since he doesn't necessarily roast defenses when he's handed the ball. Don't get me wrong I was very high on him when he was drafted but the lack of time he's seen on the field, especially not being on ST, tells me he's not fit to make the 53

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I thought Michael looked decent out there given the OL was atrocious.

Michael took the yards given to him just like Lynch would have. He didn't dance or bounce around. In the pass protection I saw he went all in and did a fine job. His only knock was of course the fumble.