CenturyLink Field is no longer the "Home of the 12th Man."

Cartire

Reaction score
.... yeah... organically .... nice try PR man.

Msfann

Reaction score
It seems like a knockoff copy of 12th man doing it this way, I would rather use as we had or quit using it.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
The hell it's not. The lawyers say the team can no longer call it the home of "the 12th Man" over copyright concerns. We as fans ain't bound to that at all. I'm still a 12th man. Period.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3dadkhxa said:
The hell it's not. The lawyers say the team can no longer call it the home of "the 12th Man" over copyright concerns. We as fans ain't bound to that at all. I'm still a 12th man. Period.
Exactly. Fans can still do what they want. What a bunch of wankers in the administration of Texas A&M. They must've been jealous because national attention is weighing heavily toward the Seahawks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Not surprised. They were clearly starting to use 12s more last season to get people used to it. I have no doubt the Aggies would have upped the price substantially in any new agreement now that the Hawks are a hot team. It's all about the $$$$$$$$.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
12s is more inclusive.

A LOT of our fans are women. Not a majority, but enough that they should not be disregarded.

Say what you will but 12th Man does 3 things:

1 - Seems to omit/overlook the just as important female fans

2 - Confuses us with the A&M people, and if you knew any - you would know you don't want to be confused with them. Gross.

3 - Removes the stupid copyright issues for a trademark that A&M never should have been granted in the 1st place. Apparently in Texas, seeing there are 11 people on the field and naturally adding one more is crazy innovative stuff. Here I think we know how to count to 12. (See #2)

I prefer "The 12s" more than the 12th Man. 12th man sounds like one extra guy, the 12s sounds like a Horde.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I like the 12s. Why not have something unique rather than something someone else came up with.

two dog

Reaction score
I like the sound of "The 12's" better than "The 12th man". Simply because
I think it sounds cooler to say "I'm a 12" rather than "I'm a 12th man".
Not to mention the ladies and the kids who by most definitions are not "12th men".

But I had a lady from Cleveland say to me at the Kingdome, "I'm a dog".
I had to honestly admit she had me there.

And that is a true story, cross my heart.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":yr8ru3uq said:
I like either one. Either one represents me. I think I like being a "12" a bit better, just because as mentioned above, it has the aspect of being a horde. One of a group. A horde of 12s.

I'm with ya on this one, SS. I'm a 12 or I'm a member of the 12, sounds just fine to me.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I like 12s. It is our number, after all and it fits for every demographic and it's a nice middle finger to A&M.

Rocket

Reaction score
None of my organs have changed or shifted.
I like the idea of being part of a horde, tho. Dad always said we were loosely related to Marshal Tito and Attila the Hun, so there's that.

Cartire

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ql7o0dzm said:
12s is more inclusive.

A LOT of our fans are women. Not a majority, but enough that they should not be disregarded.

2 - Confuses us with the A&M people, and if you knew any - you would know you don't want to be confused with them. Gross.

3 - Removes the stupid copyright issues for a trademark that A&M never should have been granted in the 1st place. Apparently in Texas, seeing there are 11 people on the field and naturally adding one more is crazy innovative stuff. Here I think we know how to count to 12. (See #2)

I prefer "The 12s" more than the 12th Man. 12th man sounds like one extra guy, the 12s sounds like a Horde.

Man is being used as its other, accepted, definition:

2. a human being of either sex; a person.

RiverDog

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":39m3pq1i said:

Right on. Just send one of your pencil dick lawyers to my home and make me take down my 12th man flag.

minormillikin

Reaction score
"12th Man" does not exclude females or kids.

There are 11 MEN on the field, but at Centurylink, there is also "12th Man" made up of cheering Seahawks fans (of all the beautiful genders and ages).

"12s" is actually pretty meaningless, without knowing that it's actually referring to the 12th Man. I guess these days they should have changed it to Home of the Non-Specific Gendered 12th Player so no panties might become wadded.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1m98a6ze said:
12s is more inclusive.

Twisted....you could have done better for a 1000th post.