Dave Grosby of 710 says he'd rather have Unger than Graham .

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
What a BS statement first of all they haven't played a single regular season game. Second in the first quarter last Friday when the starters were in it was RG and RT that were getting beat, center was ok not great but ok. Just had to post this because it was such an absurd position to take after one preseason game. He even went as far as to say it was a bad trade.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He once had the audacity to call James Carpenter a bust right after he was drafted.

Seriously though. The only way to entertain Unger over Graham is to convince yourself that Unger will miss no games.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Teams never had to game plan to stop Max Unger. I know they're different positions, but you can't compare an oft injured center to the best (or one of the three best) TE's in the game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah I'm all for dusting off the old fainting couch at early OL struggles but this is a bit much even for me.

Take Unger's good skill level and divide by the games he actually played per season, and methinks we can reproduce that production more easily than finding the best red zone threat in the NFL.

Although...I'm scared the front office will actually attempt this "Okung and the Cablettes" approach this season. What I wouldn't give for Chris Gray right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I sent him a text immediately telling him to stop drinking the bong water. And often injured Unger, over one of the best players in football? :roll:

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle could have probably made a deal that gave up more picks but kept Unger. The Saints needed to offload salary. But they didn't. I think Unger's health and snap issues had made him more of a stopgap option than a long term piece.

The real concern for me is that we have 0 pass blocking TEs on this roster. If Britt continues to struggle in protection, we might see Gilliam at TE a lot this year.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":34vyi0ub said:
Seattle could have probably made a deal that gave up more picks but kept Unger. The Saints needed to offload salary. But they didn't. I think Unger's health and snap issues had made him more of a stopgap option than a long term piece.

The real concern for me is that we have 0 pass blocking TEs on this roster. If Britt continues to struggle in protection, we might see Gilliam at TE a lot this year.

Anthony had a bad game catching the ball but he can block so he's still in the mix imo. He was a good TE before he was hurt I want to see more this preseason before I'm ready to say cut him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Unger blew a lot of blocks. Some of them were bordering on comical, especially in the SuperB Owl vs Denver.

I'm wondering if like Zach Miller, he hasn't had a few too many concussions that he's not telling anyone about. I saw Zach get popped a couple of times and he would fumble his way back to the huddle having no idea what was going on. I'm hoping Miller retires for his own sake.

Personally, I'm glad Unger is gone because he always showed promise, but it was never there. Like in computers, one of the most important 'bilities" is availability. It only throws off the chemistry when a C keeps going out and coming back.

I would much rather have a player that is there game in and game out, but who is slightly less skilled, than a very good player who keeps getting injured.

From listening to 710 over the past year or two, it's sounds to me like Groz drinks a lot, and he's hung over a lot, sometimes showing up to work, sometimes not. I imagine he smells in the morning once he starts sweating out the alcohol. I'd hate to have to work with that guy. :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A fully healthy and 16 game Unger? Sure, you could make a case for what Groz is saying.

But the fact is Unger missed 10 games last year, so what exactly is Groz's point? Gee, I wish we could have an injured center not playing 60% of the games over an All Pro TE Red Zone difference maker?

Dumb.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Gros is Capt. Overreaction.

When you have a chance to get a generational talent like Graham in his prime, you do it. Period.

I also just kinda helps when it covers a position of need.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lnv3zta said:
A fully healthy and 16 game Unger? Sure, you could make a case for what Groz is saying.

But the fact is Unger missed 10 games last year, so what exactly is Groz's point? Gee, I wish we could have an injured center not playing 60% of the games over an All Pro TE Red Zone difference maker?

Dumb.

No you can't until we see what happens in the regular season that statement has zero foundation. Weve seen Unger replaced already and had very little drop off in production. Our problem isn't center it's mainly RT and if Sweezy plays as inconsistent as he did Friday RG.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dave Grosby is a Cowboys fan...pretty much tell you about his football knowledge. He's so bad I'm surprised he still has a radio spot at ESPN 710.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37kdc4jt said:
Dave Grosby is a Cowboys fan...pretty much tell you about his football knowledge. He's so bad I'm surprised he still has a radio spot at ESPN 710.

This makes no sense. Gros is such a massive Seahawk homer that it makes him look dumb at times.

I can't see how that makes him a Cowboys fan.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vp8hr1f said:
hawkfan68":3vp8hr1f said:

This makes no sense. Gros is such a massive Seahawk homer that it makes him look dumb at times.

He's said it many times. He comes on Clayton's show on Saturday mornings and they have talked many times about how his favorite team is the Cowboys.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawks46":1jal9q9d said:
hawkfan68":1jal9q9d said:

He's definitely a Cowboys fan.

The point he's making is that we were already really thin and had a bad O-line, and that Graham is a bad fit for our system, both of which I agree with. However, our need for an offensive weapon ends up trumping all.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":fgjafion said:
Hawks46":fgjafion said:
hawkfan68":fgjafion said:

He's said it many times. He comes on Clayton's show on Saturday mornings and they have talked many times about how his favorite team is the Cowboys.

He is a Cowboys fan he's made that clear many many times.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just wait to see what he says when the Seahawks are averaging 28+ points a game consistently and the Seahawks are amongst the NFL leaders in sacks and interceptions once again because of it.