CenturyLink Toyota Fan Deck

aredub

Reaction score
Did anyone else dislike the fact that you can't go to the 12th man flag area anymore unless you have a seat in one of the new sections? I used to have a tradition of going to the flag before the games then leave after it's raised. They don't let you in without a wrist band now and you can only get one if you sit in that section. I'm not really sure why that section gets special treatment. Just curious if bothered anyone else?

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Be careful, you're going to be fined for using the "12th Man" phrase without authorization.

tooshort

Reaction score
If I sat in the upper deck it would annoy me for sure, that said, those are now premium priced seats for that reason... I pay less for 4th row "legacy" seats and only a few $$ more for 17th row " non-legacy" seats both near the Hawks tunnel. Kind of funny that being near the flag is " arm band only" but invading my section to get close to the players Pre and post game is fair game..

Much prefer the unblocked access most of our stadium has. At Superbowl 48 it took much running to finally find a security guard that would let us lowly 300 level ticket holders into the lower seats to see the victory celebration. At the third or fourth entrance we tried, we were apalled to see security turn down Richard Sherman's dad , telling him to " go to guest services if you want to get in" ....ridiculous!!!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
That's somewhat annoying. The bigger annoyance is they took an area that was already a major congestion area, and made it far worse... added 1000 seats and narrowed and enclosed the main concourse so that traffic can barely flow through there. They were also telling people leaning against the fan deck railing during half time that they couldn't just stop and lounge there. Which is where, of course, everyone has always stopped and lounged in years past.

They also line up the food lines horizontally now, so you can't tell if you're in the food line, or the line for the bathroom. Feeling like they thought out how cool it would look from the Hawks Nest, but not how it would actually affect the people that sit on the south end. Also, from our seats in 319 we used to be able to see everything that happened on the Flag deck. Now, with it 50 feet higher, can't see a thing. Hate to be a whiner, but terribly disappointed how it works out for those of us in that area.

peppersjap

Reaction score
aredub":3dyobwnq said:
Did anyone else dislike the fact that you can't go to the 12th man flag area anymore unless you have a seat in one of the new sections? I used to have a tradition of going to the flag before the games then leave after it's raised. They don't let you in without a wrist band now and you can only get one if you sit in that section. I'm not really sure why that section gets special treatment. Just curious if bothered anyone else?
We all had the option of buying into the area if you were a season ticket holder, definitely didn't interest me!

warden

Reaction score
What is annoying is when they build the thing around your seats so you can't get to your seats without going through the area. They give you a special lanyard for easy access, but some idiot usher denies you access because you don't sit in the new bleachers. It is a pain to have to go find a suit to inform this idiot that he is an idiot so you can get to your seats. So much for easy access

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We are in 319, so it affected us a lot. Nobody liked it, you have to go way down and back to even get in to your section. Also, you used to be able to see the field on the way back to your seat, in case you didn't get back in time at halftime and didn't want to miss a play. And everyone knows it CAN take all of halftime if not more to just hit the bathroom and/or grab something at the incredibly slow concession stands. I basically waited until the 3rd Quarter ended to go do my business. Just proud I didn't pee my pants :shock:
All you see behind that new deck is the end zone on the opposite side. And it has slowed things down to a crawl. Hopefully they figure it out. I like the big flag itself, but location wise, and that new section in general is pretty weak imo. I didn't hear one person say a good word about it.

peppersjap

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":goqcydbw said:
We are in 319, so it affected us a lot. Nobody liked it, you have to go way down and back to even get in to your section. Also, you used to be able to see the field on the way back to your seat, in case you didn't get back in time at halftime and didn't want to miss a play. And everyone knows it CAN take all of halftime if not more to just hit the bathroom and/or grab something at the incredible slow concession stands. I basically waited until the 3rd Quarter ended to go do my business. Just proud I didn't pee my pants :shock:
All you see behind that new deck is the end zone on the opposite side. And it has slowed things down to a crawl. Hopefully they figure it out. I like the big flag itself, but location wise, and that new section in general is pretty weak imo. I didn't hear one person say a good word about it.
I am in the general area so I rescind my earlier comment, it should not effect any the current season ticket holders and apparently it is. I didn't go to the 1st game because I didn't want to take off from work. There was always a pretty big bottle neck in that area but sounds like it is worse. We used to all meet in the area behind there where they had picnic tables but then they had the bright idea to start making over priced mixed drinks there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just hearing people complaining when they got back to their seats pretty much said it all. And every last person was complaining.