Problems with Doug Baldwin

HawksAllDay

Reaction score
Reported that Baldwin was the main source of tension that pushed Percy Harvin out of town, Harvin saying that doug and golden tate had a mentality of not letting another receiver coming in and taking away reps because of being established the year previous. Possibly reason golden tate also left in free agency. Seeing how Baldwin is by far the worst of the trio shouldn't we just ship away the problem player that can cause problems down the road with some top level talent
Imagine, Golden Tate Percy Harvin Jimmy Graham, have to say this dream of pass catchers hasn't come true because of doug baldwin

Exittium

Reaction score
Welcome to .net... Your beating a dead horse. Goldens gone and not coming back. Percy would have had issues still... And did so much so he refused to come back into the dallas game. Let alone he is to dumb to know how to run routes. Hence why the bills are laughably trying him at CB... Percy 4 Teams in 4 yrs.. He's the problem not tate, not baldwin.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Did Percy sign into .Net to try to spread more Baldwin hate? Pretty sure Tate left because of Harvin, not because of Baldwin. Specifically he left because Percy got money that could no longer go to Tate.

I'm totally fine with people having issues with Baldwin. His ranting and his Super Bowl stupidity certainly deserve it. But in a Baldwin versus Percy question, it's a no-brainer.

razgriz737

Reaction score
There's a reason Harvin has been on 500 teams in the past couple years, and it isn't because of Doug Baldwin...

"If you smell dog crap everywhere you go, you should probably check your shoes" -- somebody

Cartire

Reaction score
razgriz737":128wss7b said:
There's a reason Harvin has been on 500 teams in the past couple years, and it isn't because of Doug Baldwin...

"If you smell dog crap everywhere you go, you should probably check your shoes" -- somebody

+1

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think the problem is more the Seahawks a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for a WR then paid him 60+ million knowing they had contracts coming up. And that Baldwin in particular is an overachiever who is dedicated to his craft and goes All In to compete while Percy Harvin only had to do as much as he had to to get by.

Percy also had issues with Tate and there was the rumor about him alienating half the lockerroom against Wilson plus was rumored to be the culprit behind the Wilson not black enough fiasco.

Also, Harvin himself got his self traded by taking himself out of games and not conforming more to the offense more i.e. not giving top efforts on routes and plays that werent designed for him.

Besides if Harvin and Tate are still on the team, Seahawks cant afford to trade for Graham and its still a possibility that Unger gets cut or traded anyway to free up cap for the Wilson and Wagnet extensions.

Furthermore, if Harvin doesnt get cut last year, Seahawks dont extend Avril and Wright.

Rather have Baldwin. In hindsight, Seahawks never should have traded for Harvin, Tate would still be here, and the Seahawks would have much more room to resign future players as well as maybe do something to appease the disgrunted players.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
HawksAllDay":32telx1a said:
Reported that Baldwin was the main source of tension that pushed Percy Harvin out of town, Harvin saying that doug and golden tate had a mentality of not letting another receiver coming in and taking away reps because of being established the year previous. Possibly reason golden tate also left in free agency. Seeing how Baldwin is by far the worst of the trio shouldn't we just ship away the problem player that can cause problems down the road with some top level talent
Imagine, Golden Tate Percy Harvin Jimmy Graham, have to say this dream of pass catchers hasn't come true because of doug baldwin

Didn't Russell had an incident with Percy too? Russell must of been mean to him and didn't allow Percy to sit with him and all the cool kids.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Basis4day":2oskm4re said:
Obvious troll is obvious

Yep. Here's his only other utterance, from right after we drafted Tyler Lockett:

HawksAllDay":2oskm4re said:
I don't see this guy beating anyone with speed in college so I think his speed is overrated and won't translate well to the NFL level, all up to him to get stronger and faster if he wants to make it, I believe in PC to be able to coach it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Percy Harvin appears to be mentally ill. Borderline Personality Disorder, he checks lots of boxes for that one.
A female Borderline can often manifest as a *professional* "Damsel in Distress" who is always the victim and has a gift of convincing each new group how evil and awful the group she just came from is. This con works a little better overall for women than for men, but some men are pretty good at it too.

These Borderlines, the sociopathic ones, which would be the category Harvin appears to fall into, have quite a playbook, but eventually people get wise when they run the same plays over and over again. The plays are always designed to make them appear as the virtuous victim, that everything is someone else's fault, etc.

Percy, the innocent victim in all this? Of course! He always was! (And yes, that was sarcasm)

I'm with the poster who wondered if the OP was Percy himself coming on here to troll .NET.
It was good for a laugh, though.

northseahawk

Reaction score
We finally got in T.Lockett what we wanted in than bum Harvin. Lockett has already showed more skills as a receiver n returner and as a teammate than percy ever did.

Boom84

Reaction score
Exittium":3ctqk8tz said:
Welcome to .net... Your beating a dead horse. Goldens gone and not coming back. Percy would have had issues still... And did so much so he refused to come back into the dallas game. Let alone he is to dumb to know how to run routes. Hence why the bills are laughably trying him at CB... Percy 4 Teams in 4 yrs.. He's the problem not tate, not baldwin.

Exactly! 100%

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maybe the OP is pissed he spent his hard earned money and bought a Hawks Harvin jersey???

.......hey I'm just spit ballin' here!!!! 8)

Fade

Reaction score
HawksAllDay":3i9d6ooj said:

I know you just got here but...
2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

Tical21

Reaction score
Ya know, I thought about this very thing today. Do we have a toxic situation in our WR corps? Do we have too many mediocre players with ego problems? Do their egos prevent newcomers from being comfortable on the team?

Tyler Lockett was asked a question today on 710 about coming into the receivers group, and I didn't really like his answer. It was like he was searching to say something PC without saying they had bad attitudes. He said he thought they were just hungry, or something like that. It wasn't overtly bad, but it isn't what you would want your new rookie coming off his first big game to say. He should be saying that they're helpful, they're good guys, they're mentors, whatever.

If you're a really good player, and you come into a position group of mediocre players that act like they're the dookie, you're gonna think they're a joke. You're going to resent them, not respect them. Everybody likes Kearse, he's just a goofball. But Baldwin did come down and congratulate Lockett after his return, so maybe they decided to let him in the circle.

A

Anonymous

Hey folks, is this how we welcome-in a brand new member?

How about we welcome this new .NET user in more warmly?

:sarcasm_on:
There is plenty of time to systematically shoot down their baseless, nonsensical drivel in a more civilized fashion down the road.

Y'all play nice, now.

:thcoffee:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tical21":138ad8w9 said:
Ya know, I thought about this very thing today. Do we have a toxic situation in our WR corps? Do we have too many mediocre players with ego problems? Do their egos prevent newcomers from being comfortable on the team?

Tyler Lockett was asked a question today on 710 about coming into the receivers group, and I didn't really like his answer. It was like he was searching to say something PC without saying they had bad attitudes. He said he thought they were just hungry, or something like that. It wasn't overtly bad, but it isn't what you would want your new rookie coming off his first big game to say. He should be saying that they're helpful, they're good guys, they're mentors, whatever.

If you're a really good player, and you come into a position group of mediocre players that act like they're the dookie, you're gonna think they're a joke. You're going to resent them, not respect them. Everybody likes Kearse, he's just a goofball. But Baldwin did come down and congratulate Lockett after his return, so maybe they decided to let him in the circle.

If it wasn't Percy Harvin making these claims.. then I could buy into this.

Harvin has a track record for being a terrible teammate. Baldwin is probably a douche at times, but the team as a whole is very welcoming and player friendly. If it weren't, free agents wouldn't be longing to come here.

Now if a stand up guy like Jimmy Graham starts having issues.. then yeah.. this theory may hold some water. But until then, I think you have to consider the source for these stories.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1b29jw1d said:
Tical21":1b29jw1d said:

If it wasn't Percy Harvin making these claims.. then I could buy into this.

Harvin has a track record for being a terrible teammate. Baldwin is probably a douche at times, but the team as a whole is very welcoming and player friendly. If it weren't, free agents wouldn't be longing to come here.

Now if a stand up guy like Jimmy Graham starts having issues.. then yeah.. this theory may hold some water. But until then, I think you have to consider the source for these stories.
Good points, especially the last one.