Nate Boyer released to make room for Jake Waters

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/633666227873968128[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/633667681099640832[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It was good of Pete to give him some playing time, at least. Perhaps another team might give a call.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a great man to do this. I have so much respect for him to sacrifice a roster spot to help this man play in the NFL. BRAVO!!!!!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
It's too bad but you had to figure it was going to happen eventually. I hope he finds a team but I'm sure whatever happens to him he will be alright. Seemed like a great person.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think everyone knew Boyer, like Brian Banks last year was more PR move than realistic roster addition.

Great story though, and I hope the dude does catch on somewhere.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/calibernutritio/status/632781995781656576[/tweet]
ap_486789269693.jpg

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/15/nate-boyer-enjoys-%E2%80%9Cpretty-emotional%E2%80%9D-seahawks-debut[/urltargetblank]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. We have too many guys out there who need reps and not enough quarterbacks to give them to everyone without tiring out Wilson and Archer. Daniels can be an emergency qb for us, but it's obvious he isn't in our plans to play the position on a regular basis, so he needs every rep he can get at WR and on special teams. There are some guys on the squad who are great guys, but were never going to make the team. Boyer happens to be one of those guys. Wish TJack hadn't got hurt, but it's part of the game.

I don't want to wish injury on anyone, but maybe if he's lucky, Boyer can catch on somewhere. If not, I wish him the best of luck

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glad he got a chance to play in a game environment. That's more than a lot of people have the chance to do. He deserved a shot, no doubt, and I'm glad he got one. I hope he can catch on somewhere else.

titan3131

Reaction score
im glad this happened sooner then later. Now all the crazy people can stop talking about his chance to make the roster. IT WAS 0% CHANCE THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!

kjreid

Reaction score
titan3131":2hxxb40y said:
im glad this happened sooner then later. Now all the crazy people can stop talking about his chance to make the roster. IT WAS 0% CHANCE THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!
There was a young man out of Western Washington University that signed as a free agent LS for the Seahawks in 2007, was cut in spring training but that fill and time opened the door for the new few years and finally in 2012 he made the Colts as a LS, replacing Justin Snow who was a great LS. at that time, no gave Overton a chance to unseat Snow (who as a pro bowler the year before and had been with the Colts for like 10 years). Never say never, the cost compared to the position compared to the ability of the players is so close that anything can happen. All this did was give Boyer some film and an opening for maybe another camp next year or a different league for a couple of years why he hones his craft. I wished it would have happened later so he could get a little more time on tape.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kjreid":1qwtea8l said:
titan3131":1qwtea8l said:
There was a young man out of Western Washington University that signed as a free agent LS for the Seahawks in 2007, was cut in spring training but that fill and time opened the door for the new few years and finally in 2012 he made the Colts as a LS, replacing Justin Snow who was a great LS. at that time, no gave Overton a chance to unseat Snow (who as a pro bowler the year before and had been with the Colts for like 10 years). Never say never, the cost compared to the position compared to the ability of the players is so close that anything can happen. All this did was give Boyer some film and an opening for maybe another camp next year or a different league for a couple of years why he hones his craft. I wished it would have happened later so he could get a little more time on tape.

Boyer is 34 years old, 5'11" and 185 lbs soaking wet.

To contrast, Gresham is 6'3" and 250 lbs.

I admire the hell out of Boyer, not only for serving our country but having the balls to follow his football dreams. But dude ain't catching on anywhere as a legitimate long snapper. He's just not big enough to handle 350 lb nose tackles.

crosfam

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an NFL intern or some front office PR position with the NFL. I bet he will get some more pre-season time with another team, but in the end, he will be released. Also - probably a future book and movie deal.

He got to live his dream, Rudy-like, and play in at least one NFL game. Congratulations!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the smile on his face after the made FG? That alone was worth the price of admission.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
LymonHawk":zixh2qf1 said:
Did anyone notice the smile on his face after the made FG? That alone was worth the price of admission.

He's a great American! A wonderful model for the young men of our nation. He just needed more size at Center.

kearly

Reaction score
Another bit of news from this story is that BJ Daniels is being moved back to QB, and actually practiced at QB on Monday. Daniels will be the team's third string QB, implying that Archer is 2nd and Waters is 4th. So we'll probably get a decent amount of playtime from Daniels at QB the next couple preseason games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ke-waters/

With regards to Boyer, it's worth noting that he actually got more traction here than Brian Banks did. Banks attended a June minicamp in 2012 but left without a contract. This was Pete being a nice guy and helping a cool person in need with some free publicity.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3p4lrvp0 said:
LymonHawk":3p4lrvp0 said:

He's a great American! A wonderful model for the young men of our nation. He just needed more size at Center.
Absolutely agreed!
Glad to hear so much appreciation here. I was reading some of the comments on MSN.com (I think it was there) and people were just terrible and saying some mean spirited things like.."he was ONLY a green beret" and "he's not real hero"..

I was disappointed when I heard we released him today. I know he was released for a reason but in Pete and John I trust.
Wishing Nate Boyer the best and it is my hope that he gets picked up by a team..well, any team except San Diego.

Best to you Nate Boyer and thank you for your service to our country!