I'm worried

Chawker

Reaction score
We're seeing a lot of players returning from injuries and I have my concerns that before the season is done we'll hear the words, "we might of rushed things" pertaining to an injury.

We all know how big this teams heart is, it could work against them. The list of players is the largest we've seen in the Pete Carroll era. I think that they are showing more heart then sense, our defensive backfield is a long list of the walking wounded. I'm not wanting rip on our guys, but some guys are really pushing things. Richardson is the one that worries me the most, knees take time. I sure hope that I'm wrong here!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Historically Pete has done a good job and I believe we have one of the best medical staffs that takes a conservative approach to injuries. I wouldn't worry too much.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Richardson is not as crucial of a player as Earl Thomas or Kam Chancellor. Those are the irreplaceable individuals that I'm more concerned about.

Our franchise does not need another Ken Easley-style stain on their hands.

A

Anonymous

ET is the kind of guy that will be the first to say he's not ready, if he truly isn't. I believe that wholeheartedly. That said, he also plays through pain as evidenced in the SB. His legs are juuuuust fine and it remains to be seen if having to adjust for the shoulder will negatively affect his play.

We have a ton of WR options at this point and am not concerned with that group. Let Pritch simmer, IMO.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's fair to be worried.

I referenced this a couple times in discussions revolving around the draft. Seattle needs to start culling the next Chancellor/Sherman/Thomas type of talents from the draft. 2013/14 are conspicuously absent those kinds of talents.

And it is for this very reason. Players continually wear down and run the risk of injury. At some point stalwarts that the team relies on heavily will suffer injury and overall, that incidence of injury grows as players advance in their careers.

Our core is moving into the nascent stages of their second deals. Odds are, several of these players will miss some significant time to injury, with one or two possibly suffering a catastrophic 12 month rehab kind of injury over the next couple of years. It happens all across the league. I don't see any reason to expect we'll be immune to the rigors of the violence of NFL contact.

Seattle is less equipped to bridge those injuries now, having a mature, expensive roster. We can't bridge sudden deficiencies with the Chris Clemons' or the Kevin Williams' of the NFL. This is a roster that can't afford to restock injury shortcomings with average NFL salary. It's got to come via the draft.

This is an important year for the Hill's and the Simon's of this team. These guys need to take the next step. I'm still expecting that to happen. I liked their advancement trajectories they showed in year two until they succumbed to injuries themselves.

I absolutely like the early returns on this 2015 class. While I hoped we would address the OL late in R2, I fully concede that getting an impact DL player is so much harder to achieve and is worth so much more. If Clark hits like it looks like he will -- he makes the draft a success by himself.

The secondary concerns me. Attrition has hurt. I've said many times, that losing Lane really foreshadowed the SB49 loss. He was the only CB on the roster who matched up well with NE's quicker, smaller receivers. But also the latest players added to the treadmill don't seem to be ready in the same way that Maxwell was ready to take over for Browner or Lane to seize hold of the slot corner job. Simon, Pinkins and Burley are still unreliable. Simon more so to injury. But as it stands, maybe two of those three don't even make this year's roster. The well has run a bit dry in 2013/14 and I think it's no surprise that Seattle is scrambling to find some bridge players to limp through this season. If Tye Smith can provide some quality earlier than expected, that'd go a long way to getting right in this area.

But Seattle isn't in a position to effectively reload at any of the Thomas/Chancellor/Sherman positions should one go down. And starting off the season still nicked up is an ill omen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Still have a hard time seeing Richardson being ready for Week 1. Also don't think we burn the IR/Return spot on him, so odds are he will be on the PUP list.

Earl Thomas will be fine IMO. I like that they are handling his injury very cautiously. Kam, maybe a blessing in disguise that he's holding out.. as it's giving him even more rest than he may have had otherwise.

The other injuries you simply can't really plan for. You just basically have to hope that you stay healthy for the most part and that if you do not, that the depth behind said player will pick up the slack. All you can really do. 31 other teams feel the same way. Just look at Carolina today with Kelvin Benjamin.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think it's natural to worry about that kind of stuff.
Lord knows this has been a great ride the last couple of years and any long time Hawk fan a has been conditioned to expect poor outcomes.
That being said, I lean towards our recent history as a way to ease my mind.
Our teams has dealt well with the "injury" process IMHO.

McGruff

Reaction score
Worry is a waste of time, and I have found that most people who worry, find reason to worry no matter what.

I'm worried that the injured players are coming back too soon. They might be rushing it.
or
I'm worried that the injured players aren't back yet. They aren't recovering.

I'm worried that Paul Richardson's small frame won't hold up to the pounding.
or
I'm worried that Okung's knees can't hold his body weight.

Wait it, enjoy the ride, let the chips fall. Does your worrying add a win to the team's record? No? Then why bother.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I think Richardson's desire to come back earlier than he should is motivated by the fact that our receiver depth may put him out of a job. I think it's a relevant concern.

Exittium

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2oo1gege said:
Hummmm...sounds to me like someone is a "worry wart". :roll:

Blitzer is our guy for that.. but i don't know if we can handle two of them.. :sarcasm_on:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've said a couple times since the off season started that the 2015 Hawks will be successful only if all these guys coming back from very serious to serious injuries return to form.

As we saw Friday night, this is a VERY average defense without the LOB in full effect. The entire strength of the D is predicated on Earl kicking ass in the one high safety position so Kam can drop down and punch fools in the mouth.

Hurt or banged up Kam, Earl and Sherm all year? I think we're in deep doo doo.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":160a3115 said:
I've said a couple times since the off season started that the 2015 Hawks will be successful only if all these guys coming back from very serious to serious injuries return to form.

As we saw Friday night, this is a VERY average defense without the LOB in full effect. The entire strength of the D is predicated on Earl kicking ass in the one high safety position so Kam can drop down and punch fools in the mouth.

Granted the LOB is our identity, but show me a team missing 75% of their starters in any one position group that isn't going to be in deep doodoo.

Show me a team missing 3 probowlers that isn't in deep doodoo.

kf3339

Reaction score
McGruff":34mbn2s2 said:
Worry is a waste of time, and I have found that most people who worry, find reason to worry no matter what.

I'm worried that the injured players are coming back too soon. They might be rushing it.
or
I'm worried that the injured players aren't back yet. They aren't recovering.

I'm worried that Paul Richardson's small frame won't hold up to the pounding.
or
I'm worried that Okung's knees can't hold his body weight.

Wait it, enjoy the ride, let the chips fall. Does your worrying add a win to the team's record? No? Then why bother.

:13:

ivotuk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1hefqdrr said:
Historically Pete has done a good job and I believe we have one of the best medical staffs that takes a conservative approach to injuries. I wouldn't worry too much.

This right here :13:

Part of Pete's philosophy is to put the player's health first. He will NOT sacrifice a player's future, for anything, not even a Superbowl win.

Unfortunately there are people like Bellicheat and Saban who will sacrifice children for a point. That's one of the reasons I love Pete so much, he has his priorities set right. Years from now, even Non-Seahawk fans will realize this when they start seeing players that suffer long term effects from playing football and notice that none of them are former Seahawks starters.

God Bless Pete Carroll for being who he is. I'm a worry wart, except when it comes to the Head Coach of my team and/or the health of the players.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":732tb0yw said:
Sgt. Largent":732tb0yw said:

Granted the LOB is our identity, but show me a team missing 75% of their starters in any one position group that isn't going to be in deep doodoo.

Exactly. You can say the same thing for every team in the league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":1qoosj8g said:
Sgt. Largent":1qoosj8g said:

But I don't know of any other team that has as dangerous of a defensive backfield where 3/4th's of the players are coming off major surgery........and one's holding out with no end in sight.

So not sure your point. Are you not worried that Kam (if he even comes back), Sherm and Earl are going to stay healthy all season? Cause I am.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hlj3xfq said:
McGruff":2hlj3xfq said:
Sgt. Largent":2hlj3xfq said:

But I don't know of any other team that has as dangerous of a defensive backfield where 3/4th's of the players are coming off major surgery........and one's holding out with no end in sight.

So not sure your point. Are you not worried that Kam (if he even comes back), Sherm and Earl are going to stay healthy all season? Cause I am.

I'm not worried, cause it's dumb to worry about a game that I don't even play.