710 Mebane and Thomas "Kam, come home"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Need To Know - Earl Thomas returns to practice, the Snohomish little league softball team comes under fire, the M's knock off Texas 3-2. At 7:30 - Seahawks DT Jordan Hill joins the show live from Seahawks Headquarters in Renton. Later - both Earl Thomas and Brandon Mebane say it's time for Kam Chancellor to end his holdout and get in camp.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Even ET is fed up with it. That says something about how ridiculous it is that his holdout has gone on this long. If there was a deal to be reworked, I feel like it would've happened by now. Give it up, Kam. Get back to work.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's interesting that Earl chose the same words as Mebane

Earl Thomas said he told holdout Kam Chancellor the last time he talked to him: "Come home."

I wonder if "Come home" is a message getting around in the locker room and getting back to Kam from multiple guys? If so that could be a good sign as guys tend to trust their friends opinions and the more trusted sources he hears the same message from the more likely he is to do just that.

I also heard on the radio that Kris Richard is talking to him almost daily and going over the schemes and changes and also everyday life stuff so it's good that he's still connected in with the coaches. Richard also said he's in absolutely incredible shape and doing everything he can to come back in the best physical shape of his life. So he is preparing as if to play and not just taking the time off or unmotivated because he doesn't think he'll get more money. I think that shows a sign that he doesn't plan to miss any real games, but he could just be wired that way or could be completely delusional and really believe he'll get more money...

Exittium

Reaction score
I think that because the rest of the LoB members are getting back, they want their "unit" there at once to practice and to get in sync with each other and get back into the swing of things.

What he's doing by a lot of us may seem reasonable and childish but at the same time, im over it, all he's doing is helping the guys who are next up get the needed reps.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really hope Kam was listening to this. The players are saying "come home".
Also, those Earl quotes had me busting up laughing. The dude is a total trip. Love Earl.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Exittium":gw3v0tlb said:
I think that because the rest of the LoB members are getting back, they want their "unit" there at once to practice and to get in sync with each other and get back into the swing of things.

What he's doing by a lot of us may seem reasonable and childish but at the same time,

im over it, all he's doing is helping the guys who are next up get the needed reps.

This.

I had this thought a week or two ago and posted saying that Kam's helping his half-brother, and the other safeties out. Although starting safeties don't play a lot of minutes in pre-season, they do take a lot of practice reps. Now ALL the reps are going to the new guys which will give us incredible depth.

The hold out is a weird thing, because he's not going to get the money, there isn't any. And they can't set a precedent. Kam MUST know this, right? So he must have other reasons besides wanting to get a raise.

Some possibilitires:

1. Give reps to younger players

2. Give his body more time to heal

3. Make a statement about his pay, but using it as future leverage when/if he holds out next year or the year after. What do I mean you ask? If he holds out in the future, it will carry more weight because they will know that he was willing to hold out that early, even though there was zero chance he would get more money.

4. Maybe there's some thing that was done that Kam was really upset about. Possibly releasing somebody, or new rules, or maybe he thinks Kris Richard should have more control over the defense.

I'm just throwing things at the wall here, trying to find a reason why Kam would hold out when no raise is coming (this year).

Thoughts?

Exittium

Reaction score
ivotuk":1zqxg6r3 said:
Exittium":1zqxg6r3 said:

What he's doing by a lot of us may seem reasonable and childish but at the same time,

im over it, all he's doing is helping the guys who are next up get the needed reps.

This.

I had this thought a week or two ago and posted saying that Kam's helping his half-brother, and the other safeties out. Although starting safeties don't play a lot of minutes in pre-season, they do take a lot of practice reps. Now ALL the reps are going to the new guys which will give us incredible depth.

The hold out is a weird thing, because he's not going to get the money, there isn't any. And they can't set a precedent. Kam MUST know this, right? So he must have other reasons besides wanting to get a raise.

Some possibilitires:

1. Give reps to younger players

2. Give his body more time to heal

3. Make a statement about his pay, but using it as future leverage when/if he holds out next year or the year after. What do I mean you ask? If he holds out in the future, it will carry more weight because they will know that he was willing to hold out that early, even though there was zero chance he would get more money.

4. Maybe there's some thing that was done that Kam was really upset about. Possibly releasing somebody, or new rules, or maybe he thinks Kris Richard should have more control over the defense.

I'm just throwing things at the wall here, trying to find a reason why Kam would hold out when no raise is coming (this year).

Thoughts?

I've literally thought about it the same as you have, and I just can't seem to figure it out. I mean I even check his twitter, and Instagram and he's moving around okay, doing stuff around his area like helping schools get new uniforms for sports and what not. So its really hard to say what is going on. A lot of stuff you've said and many others have said make sense, and all seem they could work for a reason to be holding out, but in the end its still baffling.