Per PFF, Frank Clark = highest rated week 1 Def. rookie

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Frank Clark, DE, Seattle Seahawks

Off-field issues aside, Clark can play, and he showed up in all facets of Seattle’s game versus Denver to produce a +6.9 grade overall. He defeated every type of block thrown at him in the running game to grade at +5.6, to go with a hit and two hurries. He even tracked down a screen from behind.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... om-week-1/

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This week at KC will tell us if he is consistently good. If so......opposing teams will start peeing in their pants!

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
ringless":274jd8qh said:
:pukeface:

Well that sucks

Frankie says "relax." As much as I love the Hawks, even most of our fans would resist the temptation to engage in preseason hype.

seanoob

Reaction score
He really stood out in last week's game. I hope the great play continues.

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2015":30fhgvgq said:
Frank Clark, DE, Seattle Seahawks

Off-field issues aside, Clark can play, and he showed up in all facets of Seattle’s game versus Denver to produce a +6.9 grade overall. He defeated every type of block thrown at him in the running game to grade at +5.6, to go with a hit and two hurries. He even tracked down a screen from behind.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... om-week-1/

Still kinda jealous the Cowboys got La'el Collins(and Greg Hardy) for free. They also lucked out with Randy Gregory falling to them. They're going to be a scary team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chawker":8gym8rsr said:
I'm sure Lockett wasn't far behind him. :th2thumbs:

He didn't do anything as a WR, playing just ten snaps, but he was the highest rated returner (+2.4 overall, +1.5 on kickoffs, +0.9 on punts).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I expect to hear a lot of this type of stuff going forward. Kid was just awe inspiring last week. Even with the bum ankle!

kearly

Reaction score
massari":3i6gqbiy said:
Still kinda jealous the Cowboys got La'el Collins(and Greg Hardy) for free. They also lucked out with Randy Gregory falling to them. They're going to be a scary team.

Greg Hardy probably cost them a good comp pick, and a contract that could theoretically go as high as $11 million for one year. Gregory might have a good career, but it seemed to me that he was hyped a lot more in the media than he was by NFL front offices.

That said, I do think it was pretty smart of Dallas to take advantage of a market inefficiency created by twitter outrage. I guess that is one of the few advantages of having an owner/GM, Jerry Jones doesn't have to answer to anyone higher in the organization, so he can easily make moves that for a normal GM would require Balls of Steel.

As far as Dallas being a good team, I think they have to prove that their running game can still be elite without Murray. And I think the collection of spare parts they have at RB right now probably isn't good enough for that. Their defense also massively overachieved last year, and for most teams, defensive performances tends to be highly inconsistent from year to year, kind of like bullpens in baseball.

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":av5rtpgs said:
massari":av5rtpgs said:

Greg Hardy probably cost them a good comp pick, and a contract that could theoretically go as high as $11 million for one year. Gregory might have a good career, but it seemed to me that he was hyped a lot more in the media than he was by NFL front offices.

That said, I do think it was pretty smart of Dallas to take advantage of a market inefficiency created by twitter outrage. I guess that is one of the few advantages of having an owner/GM, Jerry Jones doesn't have to answer to anyone higher in the organization, so he can easily make moves that for a normal GM would require brass balls.

As far as Dallas being a good team, I think they have to prove that their running game can still be elite without Murray. And I think the collection of spare parts they have at RB right now probably isn't good enough for that. Their defense also massively overachieved last year, and for most teams, defensive performances tends to be highly inconsistent from year to year, kind of like bullpens in baseball.

Sad but true :(

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Someone posting that "it's just pre-seaon, calm down everyone" in 3.....2.....1...... :D

Clark is gonna' be a beast.