Some Injury updates prior to KC Game

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/20/injury-updates-head-coach-pete-carroll-ahead-seahawks-preseason-game-kansas-city[/urltargetblank]

Richard Sherman (hip) sat out the team's preseason opener against the Denver Broncos but made it through the week of practice. Carroll said they'll "wait and see" whether or not Sherman plays on Friday, but the All-Pro cornerback said on his personal website this week that he's "hoping to get some reps in early" against the Chiefs.

The Seahawks will take a "wait and see" approach this week with Frank Clark, the rookie defensive end who had a game-high nine tackles against Denver. Clark tweaked his ankle in practice last week and played through the injury against the Broncos.

Linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis missed the preseason opener with a shoulder strain, but practiced this week and is expected to play against Kansas City.

Defensive tackle Jesse Williams' knee was sore coming out of last week's game, but he practiced most of the week and Carroll said he should be ready to play against the Chiefs.

After participating in practice this week on a non-contact basis, free safety Earl Thomas (shoulder) isn't expected to see action against Kansas City. Carroll said the shoulder Thomas had surgically repaired this offseason is fully healed, but now it's a matter of building his strength back. Carroll said Thomas will see an uptick in practice reps next week with the goal being to have him ready for the regular-season opener against the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 13.

Nothing that we didn't learn through practices this week, but thought I'd post it for those who may not know

Exittium

Reaction score
Nothing really too concerning imo. Just gives a chance for the rookies to get more well needed time.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info! Just glad to see most of the guys healing up and ready to start the season again.

:0190l:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I understand about the shoulder strain....except I am not sure if I have that or a broken bone. Probably find out next week. Digging a ditch is a real pain.... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the write-up Kidhawk.

byau

Reaction score
Was wondering about Frank Clark. In the Broncos game after the first or second play it looked like he came up limping. But I ended up thinking it was not much of anything because he played the rest of the game

Nice that he'll get some rest

sutz

Reaction score
It may be old news, but it's nice to see it all gathered together like that, Kid. Thanks!

kf3339

Reaction score
So Frank Clark had a weak ankle, yet had that monster game against the Broncos. Makes you wonder what he will look like with a fully healed ankle and more experience?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Did we ever get official diagnosis and timelines for Matthews and Tjack? Figure this was a decent enough thread to ask about that. thx

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Carroll said the ankle injury backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson suffered in the preseason opener is a high-ankle sprain and that the team is "hoping" he'll only be out for a couple weeks.

"His ankle is legitimately sprained," Carroll said. "He got a high-ankle and we don't know how long it's going to take, guys respond differently to these. He feels pretty good about it."

Wide receiver Chris Matthews, hurt in the preseason opener after diving for a loose football on special teams, has a "slight shoulder sprain" to his AC joint.

"He's got a chance to make it back in about 10 days," Carroll said. "And it could be quicker."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/17 ... rd-sherman

Basis4day

Reaction score
gowazzu02":269on4s0 said:
Did we ever get official diagnosis and timelines for Matthews and Tjack? Figure this was a decent enough thread to ask about that. thx

Matthews has a AC Joint Sprain which was reported as a 10 day thing.

TJack has a high ankle sprain. These typically take a few weeks but each player is different.

I believe both updates were on 8/17. Both players are in a wait and see mode so i wouldn't expect consistent updates.