What about Jake Long?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
This might sound like the dumbest idea in the world, but I'll give it a shot.

I think the Seahawks should make a lowball offer to Jake Long. He's 6'7, 320 and fits Carroll's type of tackle, and Long has something to prove.

Call me crazy. LT isn't of need. But chances are Okung will go down at some point... and if that happens Jake Long could be a very good solution. I don't know about Long's capabilities of playing the Guards but if Okung were to go down, Long would be a VERY good backup, and he could mentor the young linemen.

If the Seahawks can't sign Mathis, they should go for him.

Am I crazy or what?

kf3339

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2ku69y2q said:
This might sound like the dumbest idea in the world, but I'll give it a shot.

I think the Seahawks should make a lowball offer to Jake Long. He's 6'7, 320 and fits Carroll's type of tackle, and Long has something to prove.

Call me crazy. LT isn't of need. But chances are Okung will go down at some point... and if that happens Jake Long could be a very good solution. I don't know about Long's capabilities of playing the Guards but if Okung were to go down, Long would be a VERY good backup, and he could mentor the young linemen.

If the Seahawks can't sign Mathis, they should go for him.

Am I crazy or what?

I don't think so. In fact I think he could also be a possible answer at our RT spot. We will know more after the game tomorrow.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Back to back seasons with a torn ACL.....

Not sure a guy his size comes back from that.

It would have to be cheap. Very cheap.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
If it's a reasonable deal, why the heck not? Even with two torn ACL's he can't be worse than Britt in pass pro. Run blocking idk, but Britt is beyond bad. Nearing P-Mq levels. Yeezus that was bad.