DeShawn Shead was ball'in at CB

Chawker

Reaction score
He had a very good game against KC, his safty skills translated rather will into playing the corner position. I believe he has all the tools to play at that spot. The pass break up in the end zone was textbook.
Also Martin looks like in time will be a good back up to Kam. Cheers

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Chawker":ucxl972v said:
He had a very good game against KC, his safty skills translated rather will into playing the corner position. I believe he has all the tools to play at that spot. The pass break up in the end zone was textbook.
Also Martin looks like in time will be a good back up to Kam. Cheers

I feel the Seahawks are going to try to transition Shead to play nickle. He's been playing FS/SS. Get him brushed up on his CB skills and then transition him to that inside role.

Theyll likely keep one of Burley/Blackmon and have Shead be a FS/NCB which would allow they to stash Smith, Seisay, and Simon on roster until one of them can play NCB well or Lane is able to return later.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think he plays the nickel, not quick enough to stay with slot guys, he is Browner size on the other side and we don't know if they are happy with Williams and the salary he is getting.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Cornerback DeShawn Shead (+2.3) had a solid outing in the absence of Richard Sherman (recovering from a hip injury). His coverage was tested four times, but he allowed just one pass to be completed for 7 yards. Shead fits the Seahawks’ mold of tall, physical corners, and he saw a career-high 93 snaps in 2014 for the Seahawks. He is competing for a larger role this year; performances like Friday night’s won’t hurt his chances at all.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -seahawks/

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Happypuppy":ttkfzur2 said:
He may well beat out Williams for corner spot

Cary Williams?

Ght ball outlook not so good photo researchers inc

Shead is a great special teamer, looks very good playing in space in the nickel, and can fill in at free safety if Earl is hurt. I see him taking the spot of one of these undrafted safeties.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
At the beginning of camp I saw Shead as the number 3 safety. I expected him to be the primary back up for both Earl and Kam. Sadly for him Dion Bailey and Martin really stepped up and look to be the two back up safeties on the 53 man roster. I'm happy that DeShawn is doing so well at corner because that is a position where we lack depth at the moment and where he can make a real impact.

cover-2

Reaction score
Yeah, he had a nice game, but he didn't do any man press coverage which is our CB's bread and butter.

titan3131

Reaction score
I felt he did okay, easily could have had more awareness and made 2 interceptions so that erks me a bit.

Fade

Reaction score
cover-2":1xozm0q0 said:
Yeah, he had a nice game, but he didn't do any man press coverage which is our CB's bread and butter.

Press Cover 3 it just looks like man.

cover-2

Reaction score
Fade":jfgu7u7j said:
cover-2":jfgu7u7j said:

Press Cover 3 it just looks like man.

The times I was watching him, he wasn't bumping/pressing the WR coming off the line of scrimmage.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I would rather see Shead reading and reacting or playing in space than playing bump and run or chasing WRs down the sideline as a boundary corner.

ReflectingLeadingIlladopsis.gif

cover-2

Reaction score
hawknation2015 said:
I would rather see Shead reading and reacting or playing in space than playing bump and run or chasing WRs down the sideline as a boundary corner.

ReflectingLeadingIlladopsis.gif
[/quote

I agree. I think he could possibly start for a team running cover-2 or cover-3 the majority of the time. On our team he is best suited has a backup SS. I like his versatility, but I'm not over the moon about him at CB or even FS.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think he's fast enough to play corner either.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":3eb9jzop said:

He is the definition of quick but not fast.

4.53 40, 38-inch vertical jump, 10-1 broad, 24 bench reps and 6.76 three-cone. That's one of the quickest 3-cone times on our roster and quicker than any corner.

RussB

Reaction score
Yeah he lookde nice. Pretty good in coverage. played better than williams wouldnt be surprised if they let him start in the reagular season

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is there any intelligent analysis on to why Williams has been so horrendous in the minds of some of you posters or is it just knee jerk reaction based loosely off of one play.

Again, to echo this stat courtesy hn2015 via PFF plus a little personal gloss...

Williams has allowed only one catch for 10 yards in 52 defensive snaps in the first two preseason games into his Seahawks career without the infectious LOB swagger and spirit setting the tone.

Its like Lynch, the Oline could be having a crappy day, getting owned, but #24's selfless grind at some point is going to energize those guys to move mountains for him.

Thomas-Sherman-Chancellor have that affect on the Defense.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":p865lcon said:
Tical21":p865lcon said:

He is the definition of quick but not fast.

4.53 40, 38-inch vertical jump, 10-1 broad, 24 bench reps and 6.76 three-cone. That's one of the quickest 3-cone times on our roster and quicker than any corner.
Richard Sherman 40 time- 4.53 ... :stirthepot:
In all honesty I hear you though. Still, I was very impressed with Shead.