RJ Archer

seabowl

Reaction score
I am very impressed with RJ's preseason so far and frankly think he is very likely a viable backup in this league. Decision making and arm strength is there. Tavaris probably has the lock on the job but being that RJ's skill set IMO is at least equal to Tavaris, and that he is 4 years younger then him too, I would have liked for us to keep him. I'm almost sure though it will not happen.

Cartire

Reaction score
seabowl":22n7em76 said:
I am very impressed with RJ's preseason so far and frankly think he is very likely a viable backup in this league. Decision making and arm strength is there. Tavaris probably has the lock on the job but being that RJ's skill set IMO is at least equal to Tavaris, and that he is 4 years younger then him too, I would have liked for us to keep him. I'm almost sure though it will not happen.

He'll go practice squad.

He had a horrendous game last week. He was much better this week. I'll wait to see more before I anoint him being similar to anyone.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well, last week vs Broncos he showed me that it's possible for a backup QB to be mobile. He showed intriguing ability that, had the ball been TJ's hands would likely have been sacks. Because Archer has minimal NFL experience, I came away from last week's Broncos game with a favorable impression of him. And he only got better vs. Chiefs.

Cartire

Reaction score
Ruminator":1mk3jff8 said:
Well, last week vs Broncos he showed me that it's possible for a backup QB to be mobile. He showed intriguing ability that, had the ball been TJ's hands would likely have been sacks. Because Archer has minimal NFL experience, I came away from last week's Broncos game with a favorable impression of him. And he only got better vs. Chiefs.

You thought he was mobile? More then T-Jax? Dude looked slow as hell to me.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ruminator":1hwhaa8x said:

This wad my feeling as well. I like what I am seeing and the potential for growth. Love Jackson as a back up but I don't fel we would lose any more if Archer were the one stepping in if needed. If he continues to show growth I would be fine with letting Jackson walk and take the cheaper option with higher ceiling.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's played better each week. Not saying he's the next coming of Kurt Warner though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1v88c7ld said:
Ruminator":1v88c7ld said:

This wad my feeling as well. I like what I am seeing and the potential for growth. Love Jackson as a back up but I don't fel we would lose any more if Archer were the one stepping in if needed. If he continues to show growth I would be fine with letting Jackson walk and take the cheaper option with higher ceiling.
My take away from what he's done thus far too.
Although it has been against 2nd & 3rd stringers, he's shown some good awareness in those first two games, to be a viable backup for the Seahawks, should the need arises.
I think it would be a mistake to let him get away, because if (God forbid) Russell Wilson gets dinged up, and Jackson isn't fully recharged.
What's the likelihood we keep 3 QB's this Season?

SUhawk

Reaction score
BJ Daniels will most likely become the long term backup solution for the Seahawks unless he becomes a starter elsewhere. He has all the tangibles. Also met him in person and he is a very humble person.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would be so disappointed if they didn't switch BJ Daniels back to QB if necessary, Archer is not an NFL back up but I believe Daniels could be. Archer had one good drive against KC, the rest of the drives were nothing........I find it hard to believe he is on an NFL roster anywhere this year.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
It's easy to look good against preseason NFL defenses, especially for a player not greatly familiar with the NFL. He'll have a tougher go of it when the defenses start switching things up on him.

Not that he hasn't impressed me, he has, I like what I've seen so far.