The front 7 the most underated unit in football?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
They get completely overshadowed by the boisterous LOB. But they really are a top 5...top 3? unit in the league. Seems like they're the forgotten man.... KC the number 1 D played really well, and the secondary was a "wait a minute who's that" scenario....

mrblitz

Reaction score
this front 7 is awesome. lots of quality depth/rotational players to keep everyone fresh. this seahawks 2015 front 7 is going to shut everybody down.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
No, not really. Our Seconday is by far the best in the NFL so it's only logical they get a lot of attention. That doesn't mean people don't respect our Front Seven. Michael Bennett and Bobby Wagner were both voted on the top 100 best players list by their peers and the latter also got All-Pro honors and a MVP nod. Avril, Mebane, Rubin, Wright and Irvin are all viewed as capable starters. We just don't have as many flashy players in our Front Seven as the Bills for instance.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not sure how any unit on our defense is "underrated".

That said, they aren't the best in the league but they're up there. I'd say 4th or 5th this year, depending on pass rush and how Irvin plays.

monkey

Reaction score
gowazzu02":314jhz4a said:
They get completely overshadowed by the boisterous LOB. But they really are a top 5...top 3? unit in the league. Seems like they're the forgotten man.... KC the number 1 D played really well, and the secondary was a "wait a minute who's that" scenario....

Until this year, they haven't been this good or this deep though, this is easily the fastest, and most talented front seven we've seen in the Pete Carrol era, so it's hard to call them underrated based on where they ranked previously.
This year, they will not be underrated, we can all rest assured of that, by seasons end, when the Seahawks are leading the league in team sacks, that front seven will get its due!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Houston and NYJ have nice front 7s, I like STL and Buff's front 4.