The NFC West will be a bloodbath this year

Paschtorian

Reaction score
With the four best defenses in the league.

And the four quality QB's.

And the ground games,......and WR's,......

......I think this is going to be a VERY interesting season.

I'm not counting ANYONE out.

Just sayin'.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
About the 'Niners,....

.....I believe you are mistaken.

Sorry.

But true.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Paschtorian":114mk0ba said:
About the 'Niners,....

Sorry.

But true.

Based on what? They lost half their defense and pretty much every one those players were the ones who made it good. The Cardinals have a shot, if Palmer stays healthy, and the Rams have a shot if Fisher gets one of his outlier seasons, but the Niners? With Tomsula as the yes-man head coach of a decimated team? Let's be realistic.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Paschtorian":16rsolet said:
About the 'Niners,....

Sorry.

But true.

Oh that's right, that #7 storm is coming... :roll:

Exittium

Reaction score
Could you ........................

please not use......

....So many periods?

kearly

Reaction score
Arizona had a negative DVOA last year, so did the Rams. The 49ers will almost certainly have a negative DVOA this year.

I see the Rams rising a bit (Foles and Gurley will probably make that offense respectable), but Arizona almost has to regress to the mean and the 49ers are likely in for a huge fall.

It will be very tough to get by the Rams in week 1, but I think Seattle will probably go 5-0 in the other division games.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Believe me, I firmly think our 'Hawks will prevail and win the division. I just don't think these games will be "cakewalks".

The other three defenses look incredibly tough (if you're watching the pre-season). And the other three starting offenses are no joke.

I'm just sayin', it's going to come down to game plan-n-execution.

Seahawks: 14 - 2

Homefield advantage,..............Superbowl.

(Too many periods??????)

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Bold prediction, for Seattle to go 14-2 we are going to have to figure out a way of bringing in free agents to assist the o-line. Mathis, Long, Myers, whoever they can get to help.

I'm just happy that camp has gone relatively smoothly in terms of injuries (touch wood). Think there is just the assumption of 6-0 in the division, but Cardinals with Palmer might trip us up, SF potentially won't be as bad as we assume and those Rams away in week 1 has got banana skin written all over it.

Think we can go 12-4, but the squad needs to hold up relatively well against the injuries which will come inevitably.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Niners are one of the worst teams in the league and their defense will be horrible

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Not saying our boys are going to lose this year, just saying it's going to be a bloodbath to get wins in the NFC West.

It'll be like watching J.J.Watt bloody the bridge of his nose each week.

I'm talking true "gladiator/pillager" damage.

I can hardly wait!!!

lukerguy

Reaction score
-Niners have a ton to overcome. I don't think they'll be amazing by any stretch. I hated harbaugh but he was a good coach. The retirements (Davis, Willis, Borland, Smith...Bowman coming back from knee injury)
-Rams look absolutely amazing on paper, but as Hawkblogger tweeted out while watching the first quarter of the Titans/Rams pre-season game...they seem to underachieve fairly regularly. Also, Foles is average at best. Chip Kelly can turn Sanchez into a decent quarterback... The D should dominate though..
- Cards haven't improved at all from last season, and we all so what happened once Seattle hit its stride. Palmer stays healthy it should be a tough battle.

Cards are legit but I don't see the other two as real world beaters...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":2jyydh88 said:
Arizona had a negative DVOA last year, so did the Rams. The 49ers will almost certainly have a negative DVOA this year.

I see the Rams rising a bit (Foles and Gurley will probably make that offense respectable), but Arizona almost has to regress to the mean and the 49ers are likely in for a huge fall.

It will be very tough to get by the Rams in week 1, but I think Seattle will probably go 5-0 in the other division games.

Agreed.

RussB

Reaction score
Niners wont really be a threat. They lost too many players . Cardinals and rams will be tough but hawks will beat them.

NFC championship will most likely be

hawks vs packers or cowboys, maybe the eagles

minormillikin

Reaction score
It kind of bugs me that we start with a divisional game week 1 at St.Louis , considering the first week is usually such a rusty mess. Not that we'll lose, necessarily, but I'd rather see Seahawks at Rams once the teams are both firing on all cylinders.

I actually think week one should be "seeded," where the best teams start off playing their (presumably) weakest non-conference opponent. Nothing could hurt week one t.v. ratings, so there's not much point in having great matchups to kick off the season. Who knows, maybe some bum team pulls off a big upset and garners some unexpected interest.

That said, me and the wife are making our anniversary trip to week one vs the Rams and I'm very interested in checking out that big half-McDonald's-arch they have. Also, I'll be brushing up on "Rams rules" to not offend the natives.

Cartire

Reaction score
From what I've seen of all three teams this preseason (I know, preseason), none of them look good. In fact, the Rams look like they have regressed, and Foles has no rhythm with his recievers.

kf3339

Reaction score
Paschtorian":a68o8wmo said:
Believe me, I firmly think our 'Hawks will prevail and win the division. I just don't think these games will be "cakewalks".

The other three defenses look incredibly tough (if you're watching the pre-season). And the other three starting offenses are no joke.

I'm just sayin', it's going to come down to game plan-n-execution.

Seahawks: 14 - 2

Homefield advantage,..............Superbowl.

(Too many periods??????)

Since when can anyone truly tell much about defenses or offenses by watching the "pre-season"? Personally, I don't put much opinion on units as a whole until the first two or three regular season games. Then at least you can see the starters together, along with respective schemes to consider. Until then it's pretty much just guess work.