Michael Bennett on Brock + salk 710 espn (amazing)

Cartire

Reaction score
titan3131":1lscfj9d said:
He was on with them for about 25 minutes ill post a link once they have it up. It was so good it re-instilled my love for the movement (Everyone loves black santa) You will get it once you listen to the interview.

Did he talk about Kam or his issues with their contracts?

DJrmb

Reaction score
This was an awesome interview with Michael Bennett. He is hilarious!

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Loved how he said he is in camp as he is a professional and that's what you do for your organization and teammates, unlike other players...

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3ldpa41j said:
Loved how he said he is in camp as he is a professional and that's what you do for your organization and teammates, unlike other players...

Shots fired.

Exittium

Reaction score
Good for him. And he's right at least he is being a teammate and teamplayer. I think most the team ate tired of it.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think that many of these guys learn very early only to listen to people who tell them what they want to hear. I think Kam is in this camp and don't imagine this affected him at all.

Polaris

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2blablms said:
Unfortunately I think that many of these guys learn very early only to listen to people who tell them what they want to hear. I think Kam is in this camp and don't imagine this affected him at all.

I hate to say it (because I thought better of him), but I am forced to agree. Based on his behavior on social media vis a vis even the mildest criticism, I think Kam indeed seems to fall in this group.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I almost wish the front office would rework Bennett's contract and tell Kam to go pound sand. He wants a new deal but not only showed up for work but has busted his @$$ every day; I'd rather reward a guy like that than someone who holds out.

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
Kam has been a top favorite for me on this team for years.... Bennett was undoubtedly irritating during his down time this season.. 2 weeks into the pre season, my feeling on both them has changed.. Hard work should be rewarded, and contracts should be honored. I am mentally prepped to enter this season without Kam.. A HUGE part of being a leader, is setting the example.. I think we need to let Kam go if he really can't bring himself to play out his "Blessed" contract..

Reward Bennett, hard work should triumph.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bennett was on fire, one of the best interviews with him yet.

I also appreciate him explaining how he's "unhappy" with his contract but it's not going to affect his commitment to getting better and helping his team achieve their goals.

I hope Kam was listening.

RussB

Reaction score
Bennet and wilson acting like true teammates unlike kam. Wilson was willing to play the season without a new contract

netskier

Reaction score
Wilson was not seriously hurt, do far as we know, whereas Kam had a torn MCL in his knee. They had a different perspective.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
netskier":3pguww1c said:
Wilson was not seriously hurt, do far as we know, whereas Kam had a torn MCL in his knee. They had a different perspective.

For sure, and I think most of us sympathize with Kam's situation. The dude's a wrecking ball of rage on the field hitting people harder than they've ever been hit before.............and that's not only taken a toll on his body, but will shorten his career. Thus the "I need more guaranteed money now."

BUT, Pete and John already knew this, which is why they front loaded his contract. They knew that no one can hit that hard for a long healthy career. So as much as they're sympathetic to Kam's cause, they're not going to make an emotional decision when they writings on the wall as to how they view Kam, and structured his contract accordingly.

netskier

Reaction score
I understand and agree. Which is why I conjecture that something else is going, which I speculate about earlier in this thread.

What do you guys think Kam and the Hawks talked about, not wrote about, after friendly fire injured his MCL the last day of practice before the Superbowl? This must have been a very emotional period for all.

Shall he play with his knee injury in the Superbowl? Suppose he aggravates his knee then? Did the hawks say that they would take care of him if that happens.

My theory is speculative, but I have not heard any other theory that makes sense.

netskier

Reaction score
My theory is, to be explicit, is that the hawks said verbally that they would take care of this eventuality, and reneged. Or that Kam mistakenly thought they said that. I think they miscommunicated during these few days, and Kam is sticking to his principles, and ignoring his principals.