The mysterious case of Patrick Lewis

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
http://12thmanrising.com/2015/08/25/pat ... -seahawks/

The best game the oline played in the last three years was last years game in Arizona. They physically whipped the Cardinals (A very good defense I might add) up and down the field. They ran on them, they passed on them and racked up over 500 yards of offense and Arizona was helpless to stop it. It was my favorite game to watch last year, who was the center the entire game??? Patrick Lewis. He has performed well in preseason games according to PFF so what the hell happened to Patrick Lewis?? That is the thesis of the article. I know some people on here have connections with the Hawks and this is the biggest mystery of training camp and I would love to know why this man is irrelevant in competition discussions...

xgeoff

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1e1izwdm said:
http://12thmanrising.com/2015/08/25/patrick-lewis-seattle-seahawks/

The best game the oline played in the last three years was last years game in Arizona. They physically whipped the Cardinals (A very good defense I might add) up and down the field. They ran on them, they passed on them and racked up over 500 yards of offense and Arizona was helpless to stop it. It was my favorite game to watch last year, who was the center the entire game??? Patrick Lewis. He has performed well in preseason games according to PFF so what the hell happened to Patrick Lewis?? That is the thesis of the article. I know some people on here have connections with the Hawks and this is the biggest mystery of training camp and I would love to know why this man is irrelevant in competition discussions...

Interesting, I was thinking something similar recently. What happened...

MysterMatt

Reaction score
My completely unsubstantiated guess is that he informed the team that he may have been in a position to fail a drug test.

netskier

Reaction score
Cable said in a press conference a while back that they wanted to improve the athleticism of the offensive line. Others here have said that Lewis is a strong first level blocker, but is a bit slow, and not great at pass blocking, iirc. Do, I concluded that they want to replace him with a better athlete, as soon as they can train one well enough to depend on, for a Superbowl run.

Seafan

Reaction score
He was slow last year and gained weight. Probably the slowest OL on the team.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was thinking that they wanted a good run blocker in the game to aid in the Rawl & Smith duel. Patrick Lewis is a quality Center and a superior run blocker. I still think he has an above average chance of starting in week one.