Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks. But for some reason i'm just not feeling very passionate about the Seahawks right now, who have always been far and away the most important team or franchise that i root for. Hopefully it kicks in once the real games start.

Anybody else ever felt this way? Might need to lay down on Coach Carroll's couch for some counseling to get pumped and jacked.

themunn

Reaction score
It's because it's preseason

In the past preseason helps you get hyped because you think this is the year the Hawks are gonna be the best and you are out to witness it.

This year preseason is just about depth battles because you already know this year we're gonna be the best.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
themunn":1os63oxa said:
It's because it's preseason

In the past preseason helps you get hyped because you think this is the year the Hawks are gonna be the best and you are out to witness it.

This year preseason is just about depth battles because you already know this year we're gonna be the best.

Naw...it's because Kam is not back.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Maybe its time to setup an appointment with a psychiatrist.. Possibly Major Depression Disorder!!! :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My guess is 30 minutes before kickoff of the Rams game you're competitive juices will be flowing just fine.

There is no larger excitement chasm in sports than between NFL preseason and NFL regular season.........it's.just.boring.

My daughter asked me after Russell got stripped sacked by Miller in the first preseason game why I wasn't screaming and yelling at the TV like usual.

I said: "preseason."

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This off season was pretty terrible and it started with how the year ended. Add that with Kam doing what he's doing and the team isn't at full strength and I get where you are coming from.

kearly

Reaction score
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

The Seahawks, in a best case scenario, are good enough to go 19-0. They are that talented. But they are vulnerable enough in some areas to go 10-6.

Emotionally, I am bracing for a tough season. But then again, I remember a whole lot of people being down on the team in August of 2005. And in the year this thing really turned around - 2011 - most of us completely bought into the national hype that Seattle was a frontrunner for Andrew Luck. Remember how we felt when the team was 3-3 last year? This team has pleasantly surprised us before.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fj0rjm9 said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks. But for some reason i'm just not feeling very passionate about the Seahawks right now, who have always been far and away the most important team or franchise that i root for. Hopefully it kicks in once the real games start.

Anybody else ever felt this way? Might need to lay down on Coach Carroll's couch for some counseling to get pumped and jacked.

Low T. Call Dr. Arakaki at Universal Men's Health Clinic. You'll be feeling like your old self in no time, J. He can help get you pumped for your ram game and the Rams game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I definitely feel the same way, but it's mostly because the last meaningful football game that was played was XLIX. I still can't watch the Seahawks without feeling twinges from that game.

I'm sure it will go away once the real games start.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jkitsune":k6kermss said:
I definitely feel the same way, but it's mostly because the last meaningful football game that was played was XLIX. I still can't watch the Seahawks without feeling twinges from that game.

That they will.......But this will help....GO HAWKS.

[youtube]dF1PKs-3eQ0[/youtube]

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bummer. Hope you find your mojo, J. I'm already giddy about this season. Nice to see draft picks making an impact already.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
kearly":340b64w6 said:
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

The Seahawks, in a best case scenario, are good enough to go 19-0. They are that talented. But they are vulnerable enough in some areas to go 10-6.

Emotionally, I am bracing for a tough season. But then again, I remember a whole lot of people being down on the team in August of 2005. And in the year this thing really turned around - 2011 - most of us completely bought into the national hype that Seattle was a frontrunner for Andrew Luck. Remember how we felt when the team was 3-3 last year? This team has pleasantly surprised us before.

I'm with you kearly. I am gearing up for a fall back to Earth season. I fully expect us to start the season 0-2 this year. At that point I can see the season really slipping away from us, or turning around after (what I believe will be) a rougher start than last year. That's made it harder to get excited for me plus the overwhelming drama all around the offseason, with Russ (plus celebrity QB Russ) and Bennett and Kam. Plus the hangover from The Play. It's hard to feel that wide eyed excitement that I felt in 2013 when this team really felt geared for something special.

Still excited, still won't miss a game, but I think I got used to the "specialness" of 2012-2013-2014 that the more grounded reality of this offseason has been a little bit draining on my enthusiasm.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":2oludfas said:

Dark clouds to start the year?

How bout our owner's moving vans taking our team to California?

How bout our starting QB being named Stan Gelbaugh?

I could named MANY more years WAY worse than being the front running team LOADED with talent set to make another SB run with the best FO in football, and finally an elite QB at the helm entering his prime.

Have some perspective people, these are the salad days.........enjoy them.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3kozfd0j said:
jkitsune":3kozfd0j said:

That they will.......But this will help....GO HAWKS.

[youtube]dF1PKs-3eQ0[/youtube]
I love that so much. It will never, ever, ever get old. Thanks for posting

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1ye9tlvf said:

Emotionally, I am bracing for a tough season. But then again, I remember a whole lot of people being down on the team in August of 2005. And in the year this thing really turned around - 2011 - most of us completely bought into the national hype that Seattle was a front-runner for Andrew Luck. Remember how we felt when the team was 3-3 last year? This team has pleasantly surprised us before.

Wow Mr doom and gloom. That's usually my Role Kip. I'm not worried at all. The injuries and hold out by Kam has been a blessing. we have given our back ups VITAL playing time. Also were quietly fielding one of the best Linebacker corps in the NFL. The Oline will be ugly but I think were actually going to be better than last year after they have time to get used to each other. This is going to be a great year. Its good to be king.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25eyll1h said:
kearly":25eyll1h said:

I could named MANY more years WAY worse than being the front running team LOADED with talent set to make another SB run with the best FO in football, and finally an elite QB at the helm entering his prime.

Yes there were off seasons with "darker" clouds, but when exceptions have been this high?

Hawks are the best team in the league for third year in a row and expected to go back to the SB but there has been distraction after distraction. And now to top it off, one of the better players is spouting off that he doesn't care about missing the entire season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":156gajoq said:
Sgt. Largent":156gajoq said:
kearly":156gajoq said:

Yes there were off seasons with "darker" clouds, but when exceptions have been this high?

Hawks are the best team in the league for third year in a row and expected to go back to the SB but there has been distraction after distraction. And now to top it off, one of the better players is spouting off that he doesn't care about missing the entire season.

I'll take high expectations over low EVERY SINGLE F'ING YEAR...............because it means we're good.

No worse feeling as a rabid sports fan than know your team sucks before the year even starts.

rcaido

Reaction score
I feel the same, its probably our offense is making me depress.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I have felt the same way since XLIX. I have dreaded the football season because of all the reminders of that game.

Most people say "Get over it" or "It's a new season" and whatever, but it just was such a let down.

I mean to be on the door step of true greatness with a chance to really knock on the door immortality this year, then to essentially hand a 4th championship to the one player in the NFL I loathe the most (even more than Big Ben) just really stuck with me.

So far the preseason has sucked. Plus the Kam situation makes me worry about this season (along with the O-Line) has just hammered home the razor thin line between SB Champs and missing the playoffs. Ww couldn't afford to throw away a chance to win another championship and we did.

Will it change? I hope so.