Seahawks Fans in upstate NY

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Are there any forum members who live in the Albany NY region and enjoy going out to local bars to see the Seahawks games? If so, where do you go to see the Sunday games? It be great to hang out with fellow 12s and root for Hawks.

Last season I went to "Phillys" sports bar (great cheese steak sandwiches and best Chicken wings in the area ;) ) located at 622 Watervliet Shaker Rd, Latham, NY 12110. The place has 25 TVs of all sizes, good selection of beers and always a nice mix of fans supporting teams near and far from NY State.

Thanks!

seahawksteve

Reaction score
I live in Rochester. know a few hawks fans, but no bar that has a fan club or anything.

i have the SUNDAY NFL ticket. would rather watch from the comfort of home.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Man, I've lived out of market for a long time. (Teaxas).

I lived off Sunday Ticket for years. Back a couple years ago, I found a few local 12s.

Not sure about Y'all's individual circumstances but I highly recommend you get together for at least one game, even if it would be a drive and take some planning.
Watching a game with other 12s is so much fun.
I truly had forgotten how much fun it can be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2sja1ebh said:
Man, I've lived out of market for a long time. (Teaxas).

I lived off Sunday Ticket for years. Back a couple years ago, I found a few local 12s.

Not sure about Y'all's individual circumstances but I highly recommend you get together for at least one game, even if it would be a drive and take some planning.
Watching a game with other 12s is so much fun.
I truly had forgotten how much fun it can be.

I flew up to Spokane for the N.O. game to meet up with Hawkstorian and Radish and some others. It was the first off the wall go see a game in a bar run that I have ever done. It was fun for me...
Take a camper, get a room or do something that you can to have fun with 12s once. You wont regret it.
I am thinking about traveling towards the coast next year to see a game with some 12s near the gorge. Ya nevah know.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm right in the center of NY state in Madison Co. Not much to go with here bar-wise. I too am a Sunday Ticket disciple.

djb28

Reaction score
I'm inbetween Rochester and Buffalo. In 30 plus years I have only met 2 Hawks fans. But In the last 4 I have seen many. I have had Sunday ticket since it's inception. I have got to the point where I just want to be left alone on game day to cheer and jeer my team on my own.

A few friends wanted to come over during the Super Bowls. I turned them down. I just want to watch my game and not listen to anyone. Maybe if I actually met some true fans I would think differently.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
djb28":5vmb8d1c said:
I'm inbetween Rochester and Buffalo. In 30 plus years I have only met 2 Hawks fans. But In the last 4 I have seen many. I have had Sunday ticket since it's inception. I have got to the point where I just want to be left alone on game day to cheer and jeer my team on my own.

A few friends wanted to come over during the Super Bowls. I turned them down. I just want to watch my game and not listen to anyone. Maybe if I actually met some true fans I would think differently.

A friend of mine invited me to games at his place. They dont really watch the game there at all. They talk thru most of it interrupting it and then asking about what the play was that you just missed because they were talking. I would do a trial run on a game that means nothing...Like a WSU vs Anyone game and see what happens before investing your time into someone else. I watched a boise State game there last time and They did not fail me at all. They wasted my time. Know thy Friends ...and thy enemy.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
djb28":2clkueoh said:

I am sort of the same way. I have a very very short list of people I will watch a game with (2). I actually prefer to watch alone and have one buddy I will call about 10 times during the game to discuss what is happening (rejoice or blow off steam).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I should say one thing tho....I do have a Niner friend that watched the game on Thanksgiving with me. We went fishing for the weekend and that game was on. We destroyed a bottle and some beers too. The steelhead were not to be caught. But he did congratulate me on the win...and I got the bottle of pendy still here. He was a gracious person that understands when to talk and not to. Great person too.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Originally from Utica, now in Rochester. Have family in the Capital District. Funny how many Hawk fans there are Upstate. For years I felt like the only one. Anyways, maybe we need to pool our resources and establish a Hawk bar.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I lived in Albany my whole life(except when I was in the ARMY). But moved to Long Island in March this year. I ran into a couple Hawk fans a few years ago a Smokey Bones on Central. Besides that I didn't see to many fans up there. I go up often so I'll give you a PM and maybe we can meet up for a game.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If there are no "Seahawk bars" in your area, be it upstate NY or wherever, then just find a sports bar that isn't already dedicated to another team and ask the owner if he's willing to dedicate a section of his establishment, and a TV, and the overhead audio to the Seahawks game each week (at least on a trial basis for a few weeks). You're almost guaranteed to get a 'yes,' because he's then guaranteed to get add'l patronage, revenue and word-of-mouth advertising that he wouldn't otherwise get. Sports bar owners beg for this sort of stuff.

OP
OP
H

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Hi HawkinNY:

Small world-I lived on Long Island and in Astoria for 9 years before moving north to Albany in 2011! :D

Yes let us stay in touch. It be great to meet up sometime and take in a Hawks game at a bar. Have not been to Smoky Bones for dinner but I am always up to trying new places on football Sundays.

Thanks

Mark