Tiresome Negativity

chet380

Reaction score
While conceding that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, is it not possible to let up on the relentless torrent of criticism and look to some positive elements and to keep in mind that it is the pre-season and mistakes are going to happen -- the FO, coaching staff and the nucleus of the present team has taken us to the past two Super Bowls -- no other NFL team can claim that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chet380":3sbui002 said:
While conceding that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, is it not possible to let up on the relentless torrent of criticism and look to some positive elements and to keep in mind that it is the pre-season and mistakes are going to happen -- the FO, coaching staff and the nucleus of the present team has taken us to the past two Super Bowls -- no other NFL team can claim that.

What possible positive can there be when it comes to the offense...Lynch looked ok, but was only in 1 series...Graham has had his moments. Overall our offense has looked like one of the worst in the entire league so far. There is cause for concern

SeaChase

Reaction score
You react to what you observe, and there was a lot of bad. It's not like we won 50-0 and everyone played lights out. There were only a few players that really stood out. So I think the negativity is deserved.

Rocket

Reaction score
chet380":1jm1d2pn said:

I believe the comments are of the moment, not forever, and will be long gone as soon as the season starts and we start kicking butt.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":27vgw96n said:
Based on our Pre-season performance so far.....we're going to have a tough time in St. Louis.
No argument with that -- but our D (w/o Kam unfortunately) appears to possibly be better than last year and we have yet to see our full offensive package with the ML/JG combo yet.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Based on Pre-season performance so far, applied to regular season:

Offense will score 5 TDs, Defense will score 5 TDs, and Lockett will have 10 TDs on returns.

I can live with that. :thirishdrinkers:

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't know how any one can watch this offense in preseason and wonder why people are not positive about the situation. Questioning things is healthy, blind ignorance / allegiance is not. Questioning why people question just leads to stuff eggs on whet the admins have recently tried detour in the best political correctness way possible . I see this post starter like the person on I5 at 3:00pm that is doing 50 in the fast lane (for those that don't know what this is, it's the far left lane and you should never be in it if you have to ask what it is) and hammering the brakes every time a shadow is within 650 yards of the car in front of you. That totally creates ciaos behind you, but you are not aware because you either don't care or more than likely, don't use your mirrors. When some yahoo finally gets past your fellow blockers that are doing the same thing, he gives you the finger. Now, in politically correct terms, it's called road rage by the finger giver. Don't be that person, know yourself and let others by / don't be offended by comments while your blocking well intentioned people from getting home at a decent time.

FWIW.

Seafan

Reaction score
Our D really needed Earl tonight but did ok without him. Glad KJ and Gilliam weren't seriously hurt.

SOB. Same old Bevell.

That last WR spot will be interesting for a short while but it's not important because he'll be cut when PRich comes back.

Russ will kick it up a notch and likely will get a lot of rushing yards early but with Beast Mode playing he might not have to run as much as it feels like he will.

A lot of safeties are going to get cut in about a week. Start with Murphy. The dude can't tackle and can't play free.

CMike looks a lot better than last year.

This has been a long off season. Can't wait until Sept 13.

The practice squad is going to be made of mostly DBs and OLs. Hope Archer gets resigned.

When Earl returns this defense is going to be fun to watch. Kind of fun to watch even without him.

I like what Kris Richard is doing with the D.

"This talk of rack grows tiresome"

QUILCENE

Reaction score
This teams offense looks very mediocre at best- Sorry the truth offends some.

The offensive line is terrible- we already know that- and they are going to have to address this very quickly, or face a mediocre season.

Telling it like it is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our offense is terrible.

Not just this game. The starters have struggled all preseason.

I suspect this is the new normal. We are going to have to figure out how to score with a line that cannot consistently protect our QB and a QB that has either picked up some bad habits, or isn't even remotely close to sharp yet. One has to wonder if the extra media attention and demands on his time might be part of the reason.

If what makes Wilson tremendous is his work ethic, what happens when you limit his time to prepare because of all the other issues tugging for his attention?

Our defense is not exactly Seahawk standards either, but the offense is horrendous. Almost laughably bad.

And I think this team knows we have some issues. We were bltizing like crazy in that game. Usually the teams that you see blitzing in the preseason are pretty desperate. I think we needed this win. Thank god we got it.

Not sure if that is all negative, that is just how it is. This team is far, far less effective an offense this year based on the production so far. Hopefully that is just a preseason phenomena but I can admit to being worried.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks right now are wishing the preseason went 8 games instead of 4. They just don't look even close to being ready for the season.

There were sparks of greatness in this game though. You get the feeling that this team could be super scary when they start clicking. They could stumble into the playoffs at 10-6, but even at 10-6 I could see them getting back to the SB if they start clicking in January.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
QUILCENE":y2kfputv said:

The offensive line is terrible- we already know that- and they are going to have to address this very quickly, or face a mediocre season.

Telling it like it is.

The offensive line has been terrible for years now.

How is this any different?

I am hopeful that Wilson will get his accuracy back in a hurry, but he has been off for a while now.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1qkak8b7 said:
QUILCENE":1qkak8b7 said:

Telling it like it is.

I am hopeful that Wilson will get his accuracy back in a hurry, but he has been off for a while now.

Wilson was like that last year too during preseason and the year before. He use to always overthrow and underthrow and when regular season started then he did much better, there were quite a few times that he did overthrow and under throw in the regular season but not like it's an everyday thing for him.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":11pr478p said:
QUILCENE":11pr478p said:

Telling it like it is.

RW had plenty of time to get rid of the ball and he looked sloppy from the get go. The run blocking was fine.

This all looks like preseason to me. Put Beast Mode back there for more than one series and game plan a little. Russ needs to step it up and he will. We've over come an indecisive, short QB and bad OC for two seasons and we'll do it again.