Who of last years 53 don't make it this year?

seabowl

Reaction score
Gonna be some interesting decisions this year.

Brithawk

Reaction score
seabowl":pjrhswml said:
At a guess, BJ Daniels, Tukuafu, Norwood, Lewis, Milton for the offence
King or Dobbs on D. Taken from final roster on Wiki

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Simon or Tye Smith or Mohamed Sensai

Norwood or Kevin Smith

Will Blackmon or eventually Jeremy Lane/Marcus Burley

Tukafu or Derrick Coleman

I sense another trade coming and feel better about Jesse Williams and King on Practice Squad after release of Tony McDaniel.....having McDaniel essentially looks like a huge loss, but after last night, feel better about Williams filling in if there is depth needed.

If there is a way to trade for an offensive lineman or sign Samson Satele, we'll do it after Week 1....after week one is when contracts aren't guaranteed for anyone on the roster, so Nowak likely starts the opener and if he struggles with the Rams, we'll see Satale after that.

Obervations on Terry Poole need to be made at RT, he looked overmatched at left tackle....Garry Gilliam is next years left tackle folks, whomever steps up at the RT is the question. Gilliam played all night and looked pretty mobile and improved. Seattle essentially played 3 playoff teams in the preseason, so all things considered, pretty positive outlook, even without the safeties.

Another observation was the aggressive D called by Richard, which was a welcome sight....it created some sacks, but gave up the 70 yard TD to Oliver on the missed tackle by Murphy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1cvlo8zx said:

Norwood or Kevin Smith

Tukafu or Derrick Coleman...........
Not a snowball's chance in hell Tharold Simon gets cut. He may well start over Cary Williams.

I think Norwood's toast. Kevin Smith brings decent return capabilities as a backup to Lockett though not sure he survives the cut to 53 either.

Blackmon looked poor last night. No surprise to me if he gets the ax. A healthy Lane ain't goin' anywhere either.

peppersjap

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ym55h75 said:
NewJerseyHawk":2ym55h75 said:

Norwood or Kevin Smith

Tukafu or Derrick Coleman...........
Not a snowball's chance in hell Tharold Simon gets cut. He may well start over Cary Williams.

I think Norwood's toast. Kevin Smith brings decent return capabilities as a backup to Lockett though not sure he survives the cut to 53 either.

Blackmon looked poor last night. No surprise to me if he gets the ax. A healthy Lane ain't goin' anywhere either.
You beat me to it, there is no way Simon goes especially after he looked very good last night. If Cary Williams doesn't start I would expect him to get cut if it gives them any cap relief, his contract is way to big for a back up. I agree that Norwood is done and I hope they either keep Smith or Kasen Williams. I like Daniels but way more potential as a WR in the other 2 guys.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Brithawk":1qx6it08 said:
seabowl":1qx6it08 said:
At a guess, BJ Daniels, Tukuafu, Norwood, Lewis, Milton for the offence
King or Dobbs on D. Taken from final roster on Wiki

I don't think after last years success Tukuafu gets cut.

j hawk

Reaction score
I will probably take flack for this one but imho, Kearse,Lockette, and coleman shouldn't make the final 53.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lockette. His ST abilities look to have been replaced by players that are also better at their primary position.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Norwood will be gone unless he is injured. Blackmon might be on that list too.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1v4392ve said:
Lockette. His ST abilities look to have been replaced by players that are also better at their primary position.

ST is Lockette's only real cotribution, and he has been invisible on ST so far this preseason. He likely won't be missed if we move on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2s4782jh said:

Norwood or Kevin Smith

Tukafu or Derrick Coleman

I sense another trade coming and feel better about Jesse Williams and King on Practice Squad after release of Tony McDaniel.....having McDaniel essentially looks like a huge loss, but after last night, feel better about Williams filling in if there is depth needed.

If there is a way to trade for an offensive lineman or sign Samson Satele, we'll do it after Week 1....after week one is when contracts aren't guaranteed for anyone on the roster, so Nowak likely starts the opener and if he struggles with the Rams, we'll see Satale after that.

Obervations on Terry Poole need to be made at RT, he looked overmatched at left tackle....Garry Gilliam is next years left tackle folks, whomever steps up at the RT is the question. Gilliam played all night and looked pretty mobile and improved. Seattle essentially played 3 playoff teams in the preseason, so all things considered, pretty positive outlook, even without the safeties.

Another observation was the aggressive D called by Richard, which was a welcome sight....it created some sacks, but gave up the 70 yard TD to Oliver on the missed tackle by Murphy.

This might be nitpicking but half the players you mentioned weren't on the team last year...Will Blackmon, Seisay, Poole, and Tye Smith to be exact. The question posed was which of last years 53 players don't make the team.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Reshaun Allen and David King are locks for not making the roster. Dobbs, Helfet, Jackson, Lewis, Lockette, Milton, Terrell and Tukuafu are definitely on the bubble.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
bigDhawk":5cczo4tu said:
nanomoz":5cczo4tu said:

ST is Lockette's only real cotribution, and he has been invisible on ST so far this preseason. He likely won't be missed if we move on.

...and yet

at the biggest moment in Seahawk History, we count on him, not Lynch, Not Wilson, .. No, Lockette to make the winning catch in the SB.

amazing.