Carroll Is Always One Step Ahead

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
People need to keep that in mind when watching and getting upset over these preseason games. Pete is always one step ahead of the competition and grasps the bigger picture better than any coach in the league. When other coaches are doing their regular stuff and "trying" to win preseason games Pete is simply trying different things: Different plays, different combinations, etc. He is thinking about the larger picture and seeing what can and can't work for when it really counts. I really think that is why the team hasn't looked as efficient as most would hope. It's why I don't care one bit about how things have looked so far.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3j479p01 said:
People need to keep that in mind when watching and getting upset over these preseason games. Pete is always one step ahead of the competition and grasps the bigger picture better than any coach in the league. When other coaches are doing their regular stuff and "trying" to win preseason games Pete is simply trying different things: Different plays, different combinations, etc. He is thinking about the larger picture and seeing what can and can't work for when it really counts. I really think that is why the team hasn't looked as efficient as most would hope. It's why I don't care one bit about how things have looked so far.
You bet.....Pete Carroll said that "if it was only about the 'Winning' of these preseason games, I'd just leave the #1s out there".
Like Richard Sherman said "It's Just Pre-Season".
I think it would be ridiculous to NOT use these games to see what you have in the players that are busting their balls to make it on the final 53.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I am worried about the O-line, but yes the Hawks are a 2nd half/4th quarter pound the rock and wear the opponent down type of offense.

So it's not shocking that the offense doesn't look good playing limited first half snaps without Marshawn.

I do think the line will come around, it may just take 4-5 games.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1x5wcjtu said:

Strange, I thought everything looked pretty vanilla.
I also think that after 3 years of being SB contenders, he's already got a pretty good idea of combos and players.

seedhawk

Reaction score
My opinion is, we basically finally have a mature roster. Sure, we know we will lose a guy or two, and wind up cutting another guy or two. With 90 guys on the roster, preseason is about weeding. In reality, there are perhaps 5 or 6 spots on the 53, and then the practice squad guys.

Means we basically have 45 guys fighting it out for 13 to 15 spots.