18yrs ago today, "It's Now Time"

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
That was the first game after the stadium vote -- we had our new owner! Life was great! Optimism was back!

And then that game happened.

Same thing happened 2 years later after Holmgren was hired. Detroit came in and dominated.

Always remember: being a Seahawks fan means never assuming anything.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
First play under the Holmgren era was a Flea Flicker. Kitna was sacked.

Holmgren never called that play again in his entire coaching career.

Boiler

Reaction score
Neil O'Donnell racking up the fantasy points! We used to do our fantasy football lineups by fax back then.

That season was smack dab in the middle of the purgatory of mediocrity that started after the franchise low point of the 1992 season and finally ended with the team moving to the NFC.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I remember seeing the scoring updates with this game at a Sears.

Sadly they all involved the Jets

halps80

Reaction score
My buddy and I had just moved to Seattle from PA (me with the intent of a permanent move post-college, him just for the football season). We had just purchased season tickets and were out of our minds to be in seattle for what was sure to be the beginning of a new golden era of Seahawk football. We were even being predicted as dark horse SB candidates in some publications.

Then this happened.

grizbob

Reaction score
Damn, I remember that game. That was the beginning of 3 year stretch where they lost every game I watched and won the ones I couldn't. I was able to watch way too many :cry:

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I flew out from New York for that one.
Thanks for bringing it up.

Tical21

Reaction score
I remember that. We had really high hopes going into that season. The Jets had a tall-ish corner that had a really good game.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This was the first game I attended with my dad as season ticket holders. Paul Allen just took over. And in an attempt to drum up support, lowered the price of the 300 level end zones to $10 seats. We had 4 seats for the entire season for $400. Those were the days.

I still remember it being the 4th qtr and laying down on the bleacher bench. Enough people had left by that point, there was more than enough room.

It's games and times like that, and having season tickets all the time since, that really made winning it all that much more special. I know we live in the era of the "12's" and hawks fans are everywhere now. But those of us who can remember this horrible game really know just how special what we are getting to watch these days is.

Go Hawks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SeaTown81":k437o62n said:
This was the first game I attended with my dad as season ticket holders. Paul Allen just took over. And in an attempt to drum up support, lowered the price of the 300 level end zones to $10 seats. We had 4 seats for the entire season for $400. Those were the days.

Go Hawks.

In 2010, our 300 level seats were $62. This year, they are $118! In my book....that's nearly double or if you will...a nearly 100% price increase. I gotta wonder if the average ticket holder's income doubled in that time?