MNF vs the Lions (my trip related)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Other Mods move if appropriate.
I'm just so excited I don't know where to put this :{)

I just got email confirmation that Rhonda and I have been awarded field passes for the game. MNF vs The Lions.
I'm not even 100% sure what that entails but I'm 100% STOKED.

I do know that we report at a designated spot at 3:00 then get to go on field with the group.
I think we get to stay until just before kick off.

Anybody have these passes before that can share your experience?
GoHawks.

Edit: I'm sure we will get a Do's & Dont's speech.
I'm gunna be like a 15 yr old girl at a Bieber concert.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cool stuff dude, Ive never been on the field at the Clink but have a few times at Martin Stadium for the Cougs. I went down with my nephew pre game, walked around the entire perimeter of the field. Just had to stay outside the hashed line. Ended up going up to our seats before kick, he was 7 or so at the time so he couldn't stay on the field. The view from the stands is much better anyway.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
613f51826d4f74a3b646e4be5298bc23.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cool to see good fans have good things happen. That's amazing, man.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I went on the field level for the 2013 game against the Jags. One of my favorite Seahawk memories, it was hard to contain myself. Get there early so you can be among the first let out onto the field. We were able to stand right up on the boundary line the whole time to get as close to the action as possible.

It's so fun watching warmups from down at that level. The players are literally just a few feet away. Close to gametime, the whole Defense ran down the line and gave us all high fives.

You're going to love it, Lon. I'm really happy for you!

Sorry the pics are blurry. I had a crappy phone to begin with, but I was so excited that I couldn't keep my hands still and I forgot to select which area to focus.

1294425_10201652802269511_269158473_o.jpg

IMG 20130922 113355
IMG 20130922 123838
IMG 20130922 123844
IMG 20130922 124310

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^
Very cool, thanks for posting.
It's crazy, Rhonda is almost more excited than I am.
This is really an honor for me.
I wonder if the powers to be know how much stuff like this means to the fans.
I consider myself blessed just to be able to go to a game but to have this opportunity is beyond anything I could ask for.

For those that may be wondering how this came to be.

The official Hawk booster club is The SeaHawkers. Duh.
They have chapters all over the place, we are members of the Dallas chapter. The same group that is doing the group tickets and tailgate for the Dallas game.
Anyway they were allotted a few field passes for this season. They sent out an email asking who was going to a home game this year and what game it would be.
We just tossed our name in the hat, and got chosen.
I'm so thankful and happy.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^
Thanks.
I can't stop grinning.
I've got to get up at 3:30 AM and I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight. Some times I wonder if this fandom stuff is a sickness :{)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'll be sad to miss most of the prefunk at Temple but I guess it's an acceptable trade off.

Hopefully we will kick some Lion ass, and there will be a good post funk :{)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Has your moustache gotten bigger?

I mean I know they keep on growing, but darn, that thing is about to swallow your face!

Boom84

Reaction score
Happy day! Love it when fans get perks like this. Warms the heart. :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good on ya bro!! Have fun!! Taking my son to that game (he lives in NJ and is now old enough to go to Temple with me) so should make for a fun prefunk!

dino26

Reaction score
I was field level at the Cowboys game last year for to get fives from a few players and got to shake Gresham's hand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very cool, I've been down there a few times, it's a good experience. Being down there you appreciate how massive these players are.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Lon-

I have been fortunate enough to do the on the field thing several times (thank you Mike Flood).

Everyone is accounted for in the NW VIP entrance, you get an awesome stick on visitor tag and then they take the group down the visitor sidelines and you get to hang between the visitor bench and the north endzone. I have met Jim Zorn, Kenny Mayne and Marsellus Bennett and Mike Bennett (his dad).. This was at the playoff game versus the Saints in Jan 14. Mike Rob and others came by and shook hands (i was in the military section)..

You get a much better appreciation for how big those guys are when they are suited up and are 10ft from you. Being a MNF game there should be a lot of media around as well. The best place to hang is in the endzone closest to the Hawks tunnel IMO.

Have fun, I sure have. I have done it 5 times and the only bad experience was trying to find a bathroom (hint- go back the way you entered the field.. south endzone exit on the right!) Patriots in 08, Jets in 08, Chiefs in 10, Saints NFC Div game and Carolina div game last year.

enjoy