Turbin -- High Ankle Sprain

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sounds like he could be out a little while. Fred Jackson makes even more sense now.

From Pete presser.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2jvgusg8 said:
Sounds like he could be out a little while. Fred Taylor makes even more sense now.

From Pete presser.

I don't know if Fred Taylor makes any sense to be honest. ;)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck I don't think you're being fair to Fred Taylor. He led me to a fantasy championship in '03.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":22p8rqor said:
Hasselbeck I don't think you're being fair to Fred Taylor. He led me to a fantasy championship in '03.

Good point, he's probably well rested.

Bring him in. Always compete

Ozzy

Reaction score
lol this post made my day. Thank you sir.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Some day I hope to open a Turbin thread to read he has been cut.

nanomoz

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":p9pd7yw9 said:
Some day I hope to open a Turbin thread to read he has been cut.

It seems like this is at least the third post I've seen from you that expresses strong dislike of Turbin.

I motion that your .NET title be "Robert Turbin touched my mama." :p

I like him a lot, he's pretty good at everything, and the coaching staff seems to agree.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Turbin and Tjack both with High Ankle Sprains now. You can never tell how long those take to rehab. Was really hoping to stroll into the regular season with some semblance of a healthy squad. Interviewing Fred Jackson, to put Cmike on notice I presume? God I dread the day Lynch's calls it a career!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Carroll revealed that fourth-year running back Robert Turbin suffered a high-ankle sprain in this past weekend's exhibition against the Chargers in San Diego, a injury that Carroll did not yet have a timetable for a return, noting the club will wait and see how Turbin responds in the next couple of days.
"It’s a significant ankle sprain and we have to see what that means," Carroll said. "He feels pretty good about it, but it definitely showed up on the MRI and all that."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Do we have any NBA trainers we can use to treat these sprains?No way you should be out half the season with one.I have had them so I do have an idea what it feels like.I just wonder about toughness of todays players (some of them)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3q6qh47q said:
Do we have any NBA trainers we can use to treat these sprains?No way you should be out half the season with one.I have had them so I do have an idea what it feels like.I just wonder about toughness of todays players (some of them)

It depends on the severity. High ankle sprains tend to be the most limiting and the slowest to recover from. Carroll did say Turbin said he felt good. It was the MRI that picked up the severity of the sprain.

I don't see the point of carrying an injured Turbin on the roster. His one saving grace was his speed and dependability as a blocker on 3rd downs. You might as well replace him with Rawls or Smith and use Coleman on 3rd downs. I bet he will be available in a few weeks once he has recovered from the ankle injury. His inability to break tackles, coupled with the injury, will not be attractive to most teams.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I don't see anyway Michael doesn't get 10-12 carries vs the Rams and perhaps 20 total snaps overall.....don't see Marshawn playing 40+ snaps, so I see a lot of empty formations where Michael will be asked to pick up a Ogeltree or Lauranits on a blitz.....Turbin for a lot of his criticism, is a willing blocker, if he sees the defender coming.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":21avqh92 said:
Sounds like he could be out a little while. Fred Taylor makes even more sense now.

From Pete presser.
I met Fred Taylor a couple of months ago. That guy still looks like he could play. Took a picture with 2 of my boys, both RB's themselves. Cool moment to get my boys pictured with such a great former NFL back.