• Bad

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Abysmal

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Since there seems to be a never ending topic about our quarterback with lot's of stats and examples of how he's the next coming of god's son to the worst thing to take a snap I wanted to get a gauge on the overall base opinion of our group here in regards to our guy.

Thanks for participating,

Go Hawks!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I say great. He has broken many QB records since he came into the league, has a QB rating over 95 in all 3 years, is a threat to run or pass, and has been a great leader on and off the field. Is also considered by his peers to be a Top 25 player the last 2 years.

If he can improve his passing numbers and sustain a long career, I think he will bump up to that HOF level. But for now, great.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
If this were the 70s, 80s, or 90s, would it even be a question of Wilson was considered an elite player?

People would merely watch the jaw dropping plays this guy makes, or the way he single handedly can take over games, and make a decision on the spot that this guy is among the best.

Or the fact that he JUST. SIMPLY. WINS.

Ultimately, its all about winning. And the guy is amazing at winning.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Dude got my full support as the QB, but I'll just leave this here...

[youtube]ZmAEde8nuUQ[/youtube]

Giphy

j hawk

Reaction score
I'd put him the top 5 of current NFL QB's. If the OL gives him some time he may do alot better. He now has better weapons with Jimmy and No E.

kearly

Reaction score
The Hall of Fame is all about winning. Russ will be there if he keeps this up.

As for right now, I think he is one of the five most effective game changing QBs in the league. He can be game-planned, but teams that can't defend his athleticism are usually cooked.

McGruff

Reaction score
The reason Russell is so polarizing is that the current metrics don't fit him. He breaks the scales. People try to compare him to Luck or Rogers or Manning or Brady, but its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I personally think he's great, with a truly unique skill set. He's got some deficiencies, and if we're honest, his height is an impediment, but he's also got unique skills that more than compensate.

My great fear is that coaching hubris and Russell's own pride with force him into the mold. I think that would suck . . . big time.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I went with great. Fourth quarter comebacks, game winning drives, clutch plays. Great gamer!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I said great, too. His trajectory is fantastic, though his last few moments in the spotlight haven't seemed as strong.

I'll follow his career with interest even if he leaves Seattle.

kearly

Reaction score
McGruff":3gzfxerb said:
My great fear is that coaching hubris and Russell's own pride with force him into the mold. I think that would suck . . . big time.

I don't know about that, I think Russell has done a pretty good job within the pocket when given protection, and when Richardson was clicking last year, Russell looked damn good in the quick passing game. I think the key for Russell is trusting his receivers. Matthews had a great SB because Russ trusted him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
McGruff":1griscpk said:
The reason Russell is so polarizing is that the current metrics don't fit him. He breaks the scales. People try to compare him to Luck or Rogers or Manning or Brady, but its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I personally think he's great, with a truly unique skill set. He's got some deficiencies, and if we're honest, his height is an impediment, but he's also got unique skills that more than compensate.

all QBs have deficiencies in fact al players do. For some reason though only Wilson seem to matter

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Anthony!":1hrq50td said:
McGruff":1hrq50td said:

all QBs have deficiencies in fact al players do. For some reason though only Wilson seem to matter

This isn't a true statement at all. Not even close, man.

This board has been critical of damned near every last player currently wearing a Hawk jersey. I'd say that ONLY Tyler Lockett has been spared any criticism, and maybe Frank Clark's play on the field.

How about the OLine deficiencies?

It's ok to be critical of Russell Wilson. I voted "great", but the passes he threw against San Diego were so erratic, I can see why people are getting nervous and/ or expressing criticism. That pass to Graham at the goal line from the 10 had a window of about 5' x 8' to be a TD and RW overthrew him so bad Graham didn't even reach for it. Over his head by at least 4' from the 10. He had several poor throws, some bad footwork in the pocket, and some poor decisions.

OP
OP
Rose City Hawk

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":2bm0d82p said:
Huh..I didn't see a hate option :stirthepot:
Heh, I would say abysmal falls into the hate category but you are correct, the subject states Love or Hate, good catch.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
There should have been 'very good' category; iMHO.

He still has a lot to learn.

Now, that being said; I hate this stupid thread!

London12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":11yxwk6k said:
There should have been 'very good' category; iMHO.

He still has a lot to learn.

Now, that being said; I hate this stupid thread!

Agree. I just want to vote very good. Great seems top complimentary right now.

Sac

Reaction score
Once Pete retires and John Gruden comes to Coach Russ in Seattle he'll put up the greatest statistical seasons of all time. We're talking about 4500+ yards passing, 30+ TDs + 1000 yards rushing and another half dozen or so TDs.

mrt144

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of his play and find him eminently entertaining any time he has to improvise.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HoF. He's like Troy Aikman to me. He'll never have the statistics but when it's crunch time he delivers no matter the situation.

Latest posts