Chris Matthews Returned to Practice

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/638806562287448064[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/638811894057308160[/tweet]

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Great! I can't wait to see him out there. There's still one rec to be cut--I hope he makes it. GO HAWKS!

sutz

Reaction score
Cool! Has a small sample size, so will be nice to see him in action again. Looked like a kid with promise.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Sounds crazy to say, but tomorrow night's game might be as important as last year's Super Bowl in determining Matthews's NFL destiny.

He BETTER show up.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Cool. It would be nice to see him start living up to his considerable hype.

Chapow

Reaction score
UGotHawked":2lyl31to said:

Wait...what? Considerable hype? He was undrafted out of college and later cut by the Browns at the end of training camp. He played in the arena league and the CFL because he couldn't make an NFL roster. He was working at a Foot Locker store when he tried out for the Seahawks.

Anyway, looks like he already started living up to that "considerable hype" (seriously though, what?). He did alright last time he played in a meaningful game. 4 for 109 and a TD in the Super Bowl.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
UGotHawked":1k66t92q said:

What kind dominance are you expecting?

Is anyone saying he's going to be the next Calvin Johnson or <insert any other 6'4+ elite WR here>?

Or perhaps just more the potential hype of a watered down, low target 2005 version of Joe Jurevicious.

Sac

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":11i9198t said:
UGotHawked":11i9198t said:

Is anyone saying he's going to be the next Calvin Johnson or <insert any other 6'4+ elite WR here>?

Or perhaps just more the potential hype of a watered down, low target 2005 version of Joe Jurevicious.

I'd be satisfied with Eric Decker production.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":25rn8ttd said:
UGotHawked":25rn8ttd said:

Yes

London12

Reaction score
Chapow":1izncik0 said:
UGotHawked":1izncik0 said:

Wait...what? Considerable hype? He was undrafted out of college and later cut by the Browns at the end of training camp. He played in the arena league and the CFL because he couldn't make an NFL roster. He was working at a Foot Locker store when he tried out for the Seahawks.

Anyway, looks like he already started living up to that "considerable hype" (seriously though, what?). He did alright last time he played in a meaningful game. 4 for 109 and a TD in the Super Bowl.

Well said.

Those were two crazy posts in a row..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":rcur2rfh said:
UGotHawked":rcur2rfh said:

Just so you know this player was the CFL OROY and caught passes for more than 1200 yds. He does have a potentially high ability and flashed that in the SB, but expecting him to be the next big WR phenom is a stretch as he hasn't played many games as an NFL player. At the time he was tried out by the Seahawks he was on the roster of the Winnipeg Bombers CFL team.

He may have been augmenting his income working at Foot Locker b/c the CFL doesn't pay NFL money but I've never read that anywhere else.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3g3cshgk said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3g3cshgk said:
UGotHawked":3g3cshgk said:

I'd be satisfied with Eric Decker production.

You would settle for 85 catches 1200 yards and 10+ TD's? Thats good to know. I could be wrong but I'm going to guess we all would. I would also argue that its probably not possible or reasonable to expect anything close to that from Mathews or anyone on the roster.

Chapow

Reaction score
jammerhawk":163e2ra1 said:
Chapow":163e2ra1 said:
UGotHawked":163e2ra1 said:

Just so you know this player was the CFL OROY and caught passes for more than 1200 yds. He does have a potentially high ability and flashed that in the SB, but expecting him to be the next big WR phenom is a stretch as he hasn't played many games as an NFL player. At the time he was tried out by the Seahawks he was on the roster of the Winnipeg Bombers CFL team.

He may have been augmenting his income working at Foot Locker b/c the CFL doesn't pay NFL money but I've never read that anywhere else.

Yeah, I was aware that he was the CFL OROY. That doesn't change the fact that he couldn't make an NFL roster until he got called up from the Seahawks practice squad well in to last season due to another players injury.

Granted, this is Wikipedia, but according to this he was not on the Winnipeg roster, he wasn't on any football teams roster, and he was working at Foot Locker when he was tried out by the Seahawks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mat ... n_football)

I can't find anything that contradicts that and I've looked.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd settle for him improving and being a red line factor. Right now the only player we have that does that consistently is Kearse. Matthews physically is a much better complement to Graham for red zone production. If he can pull double duty in those regards that'd be awesome.